Thread: Leveling problems with priest class

Default Leveling problems with priest class

I have a ToS but i started at lvl 50 caused i have one option of one time use,that i can start one character in lvl 50. So i select ToS and i start my adventure at lvl 50,now im 55 but i had problems lvling caused i cannot find good equipment in market. All i found is equipment for barbarian,so the problem is that i cannot kill more than 3 enemyes of my same lvl or more caused i die like a rat. I heal me and attack but insufficient for kill 4 enemyes at same time. I use a mix of lightning and general skill trees focused on pve but is impossible to kill more than 2 enemyes with 1 or 2 lvl more than me. I use light armor (half of that light armor dont give wisdom,necessary for priest) shield and magic mace. I had a barbarian and i can kill 4 enemyes without problem,but with that class is impossible. So,the question is...is a problem of the class,of the equipment or maybe im a noob???

Quote Originally Posted by Ximago View Post
    I have a ToS but i started at lvl 50 caused i have one option of one time use,that i can start one character in lvl 50. So i select ToS and i start my adventure at lvl 50,now im 55 but i had problems lvling caused i cannot find good equipment in market. All i found is equipment for barbarian,so the problem is that i cannot kill more than 3 enemyes of my same lvl or more caused i die like a rat. I heal me and attack but insufficient for kill 4 enemyes at same time. I use a mix of lightning and general skill trees focused on pve but is impossible to kill more than 2 enemyes with 1 or 2 lvl more than me. I use light armor (half of that light armor dont give wisdom,necessary for priest) shield and magic mace. I had a barbarian and i can kill 4 enemyes without problem,but with that class is impossible. So,the question is...is a problem of the class,of the equipment or maybe im a noob???
    A tos has CC's, you have to use them, TOS also has the lowest base health of any in the game so they die very easy. Having four mobs on you without good gear, good spec and knowing how to play would be difficult. Skills in General is part of your problem, go to the countless threads on leveling a TOS, and read up on builds, rotations and specks. It is a learn to play issue and a bit of a troll thread I am thinking but I responded in good faith just in case your really a noob.

Tos can be hard sometimes. SPec is important. Here is a quick spec i made up that should help you. http://goo.gl/UXoL5l Its Aoe spec. Your main spell will be storm field. You have cobra stare feated for longer duration to help with you cc's. You have power of the serpent ring to give you a bit of a magic bubble or damage buff. And you have coalesce ether to help your mana. You also have your self rez. Hope it helps you some.
    As to gear its important for leveling the tos and trader is hit and miss. You can try farming villas for drops your level at least and hopefully get something you can use. Thats hit and miss too though. You did kinda hurt yourself starting at 50. Cant be helped now
    Last edited by Aylis; 2nd November 2014 at 08:52.

Quote Originally Posted by Ximago View Post
    I have a ToS but i started at lvl 50 caused i have one option of one time use,that i can start one character in lvl 50. So i select ToS and i start my adventure at lvl 50,now im 55 but i had problems lvling caused i cannot find good equipment in market. All i found is equipment for barbarian...
    When you started at 50, you should have started with good ToS gear already. As you quest and level up, you should be upgrading that gear from drops and quest rewards. There should be no need to search in the market to find gear to use. At level 55, the level 50 gear is probably still perfectly fine. You just can't expect every class to be able to own lots of mobs of equal or greater level than yourself. Learn to pull smaller groups and you should be fine.

Default little off topic

Hi there,

just read thru this thread and since it's placed in the F2P section,
    i wonder if one get's the "free" lvl 50 toon even on an F2P-account?

Or have you been a subscriber before, Ximago?

Sorry for abusing this thread a little, no offence meant .

Best regards
    Hawk
    "I have known many gods.
    He who denies them is as blind as he who trusts them too deeply."
    R. E. Howard - Queen of the black coast

Aerion Brightflame. One night, in his cups, he drank a jar of wildfire,
    after telling his friends it would transform him into a dragon, but the
    gods were kind and it transformed him into a corpse.
    George R.R. Martin - A Clash of Kings

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye-67 View Post
    Hi there,

Best regards
    Hawk
    Yes you do
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Daraios View Post
    Yes you do
    Even as F2P?! WOW (Nah, not the silly game)! Not to shabby i dare say! Chapeau Funcom!
    Guess next time i hear some F2P guy bashing on FC again, i've some more choice words to
    say to her/him .

Thanks for your quick reply Darai...errr... your majesty .

Best regards
    Hawk
    "I have known many gods.
    He who denies them is as blind as he who trusts them too deeply."
    R. E. Howard - Queen of the black coast

Aerion Brightflame. One night, in his cups, he drank a jar of wildfire,
    after telling his friends it would transform him into a dragon, but the
    gods were kind and it transformed him into a corpse.
    George R.R. Martin - A Clash of Kings

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye-67 View Post
    Hi there,

Best regards
    Hawk
    I've been a subscriber in 2008,since this account is from that year