Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast

Thread: T5 Tactics

Touch of Hyperborea from the Champion is not an aggro reset. It just kicks down current aggroholder (3 places iirc but might be related to number of defensive tanks). I don't think you need to rely on goad here.

I think Kyllikki has a few errors (apart from the obvious one where you don't kill adds but chose to ignore the main mechanic of the fight).

I think 'winter madness' is triggered when Kyllikki attacks someone without the 'northern cross' buff. It is safe to dps her from distance even without the buff.
    There is no need to remove the 'time fades away' as long as the tank uses cunning deflection (optionally doubled up with hex marked soul or strike and guard) to mitigate most of the hit in the end. Before last changes to the fight the timer on 'time fades away was shorter and all 3 of them would explode so goading and removing it wasn't really an option.

Killing or kiting adds is a choice you will have to make for yourself since Funcom might fix it at some point in the distant future like they did with Louhi. If you want to enjoy the fight here are 3 videos of how you can deal with the adds the proper way:
    Bosstank perspective: https://youtu.be/idx3JteoM5M (you can see they mitigate most of the 'time fades away' damage)
    Addtank perspective: https://youtu.be/8NNFLQoqm3Y
    Dps perspective: https://youtu.be/4JKBNMYM7cw
    personally I think this strat is much more fun and challenging, most likely the way it was intended and actually very doable.

Edit: just found vid of alternative kiting strat on Yakhmar. https://youtu.be/wmLTZ3u8i3U
    Last edited by Caudilloo; 30th April 2015 at 13:41.

Hey guys, choise of kitting adds wasn't ronin first chose, but when they saw that the best attemp on killing adds put the boss only at 64%, they had to find a new way. Let's hope they fix it, but wont happen.
    For the time fades away, it works realy fine, as i writed, same tank tanks it the first 3 altar then the second tank on boss goad it while the one who has it remove the bomb at altar 1. Seen it done like 100 time, no problem there.
    Wont lie to you, the kitting way of Kyllikki is a free kill, if you resume the fight : dps her until tornado, dodge the tornado, get back to her, do it untill boss dies, only 'skill' requiered is that there is 2 tank who kite 8 add each, done it with my guard, never got under 80% hp a single time, so it's realy an easy kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Sloubi View Post
    Hey guys, choise of kitting adds wasn't ronin first chose, but when they saw that the best attemp on killing adds put the boss only at 64%, they had to find a new way.
    Its no problem, nobody is judging you. If you guys want to employ cheap and nasty tactics like kiting away a core mechanic of an end game fight in order to get "free" kills that is your decision.

Its just that there will be numerous people and guilds reading up on this thread who are yet to kill Kylikki, I wouldn't want them thinking the only and best way to kill her is to kite the adds

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...49#post2126249

I hope they will fix kiting some time, makes boss as bad of an encounter as Entity..
    Last edited by Evito; 30th April 2015 at 17:28.
    EvitoQQ @ YouTube
    THE IVORY TOWER - QQ - Schlenkerla/Hersch

The two main problems preventing progression on Vistrix in my guild are A. Add teams and B. Rarely get a masters call without the minions it spawns at the boss killing a clothie or two..or three
    Add teams is what I see every fight... some nights my add team has done it almost perfectly, but plenty of other nights have had lots of problems. First, I'm the DT, and ~50% of the time I get a 2 second load screen when I go through portal.. sometimes I can recover quick enough before destroyer knocks 1 or 2 players in my team out... others, not so much. The other problem we have with add teams is the boss gaining the damage buff after we seemingly killed both adds correctly. Does the Augmenter's cast "return to tartarous", that he begins at 25% health, buff the boss if you don't get his health down to 0% before it ends?
    I don't get to see much of the fight from the DPS group pespective. Any recommendations on how to kill all of the minions, every time, without DPS dying?
    Wabajack, Demonologist
    Wabbajabba, Dark Templar
    Wabbaguard, Guardian
    Mastablastaa, Ranger

I partly answered you in the other topic but you could use demos most powerful aoe to pull minions, and many classes can control them. Especially necroes
    Last edited by MisterClean; 30th April 2015 at 23:37.

They do of course, and those are the ones who die ^^
    Wabajack, Demonologist
    Wabbajabba, Dark Templar
    Wabbaguard, Guardian
    Mastablastaa, Ranger

We don't have strict oneshot rotation, but all ranged classes are responsible for just killing them off.
    Usually it's necro/demo that end up pulling them with their aoe damage towards damage camp. To make it easier you can use an aoe CC like ranger trap, pom repulse/avatar or bs ursine crush when they come close and they should die from aoe damage by the time that CC times out.
    If all else fails and the addgroups keep dying you can get 3 necroes in raid and tell them to perk funeral rites or feat shatter. Make oneshot rotation and for every spawn the necroes can take out 3 out of 4 adds. Remaining one can be finished by demo/hox minionkill.

If you have a sin in the addteam burst for the last 25% shouldn't be much of a problem. From what I hear they almost instantly take off 25% with a triple face stab + grave blossom/dww combo. Demo also has amazing burst by lining up 5 instant casts but almost every class has the ability to burst 2k+ damage in 1 second.

Quote Originally Posted by Wabajack View Post
    The two main problems preventing progression on Vistrix in my guild are A. Add teams and B. Rarely get a masters call without the minions it spawns at the boss killing a clothie or two..or three
    Add teams is what I see every fight... some nights my add team has done it almost perfectly, but plenty of other nights have had lots of problems. First, I'm the DT, and ~50% of the time I get a 2 second load screen when I go through portal.. sometimes I can recover quick enough before destroyer knocks 1 or 2 players in my team out... others, not so much. The other problem we have with add teams is the boss gaining the damage buff after we seemingly killed both adds correctly. Does the Augmenter's cast "return to tartarous", that he begins at 25% health, buff the boss if you don't get his health down to 0% before it ends?
    I don't get to see much of the fight from the DPS group pespective. Any recommendations on how to kill all of the minions, every time, without DPS dying?
    Use 3 necros with Funeral Rites to instakill 3/4 minions, necro then uses instant chill to pull 4th add and bring it to dps group where it is stunned and killed.

For portal teams, you need to adjust your load screen settings to 0.

anyone have the Tactics for 3rd boss in T5 Champion ?