Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Beginners - SPLIT mini games by ranks 0-5 / 6-10 for better pvp progression

Quote Originally Posted by Swaraj View Post
    I totally disagree with you.

Split minis will help newbies. Why ? yes newbies do mistakes, is it anormal ? no we are beginners, we need to learn. How to give the desire to learn if we get destroyed in 2 seconds ? There are no lessons to be learned that way, except that it's painful and unbalanced and that we don't want it no more...

Split BG will permit the new baseplayer to practice with fun, and not with pain !
    I regularly play minis in group of 12 players ranks 0-4 and you know what ? we do kills, we have fun, we learn 100% more things than against a team of R10 who will gank you every time they see you.
    And how do you want to seperate nubs from vets? by pvp level? Dont make me laugh. You will get destroyed by pvp0 with that attitude because vets do have chars without pvp 10 and the gear isnt nearly as important as you may wanna think. its a real bad attitude to point on gear and say there is an imbalance when actually there is just a tiny one not even making up the lack of your knowledge what classes are capable of. As long as i see ppl like described as often in minis as i do now you cant argue with gear or aa. the gap is the stupidity of most players which arent able to read, understand and watch out while fighting. way more then 50% of ppl pvping dont even get it when they are wasted by ranged when fighting melees. they just fight with the melee and then wondering why they died so fast. they dont even recognize the ranger/demo/necro/whatever. Healer need seconds over seconds to just realising you need heal while you jump in front of them. How is that dependend on gear? its just ppl not aware whats happening around them or they dont even care. you cant blame that on gear or aa.

and sorry to destroy your dreams but a ladder system which or something similar to starcraft2 matchmaking system wont happen here. neither do funcom have the ressources to code something like that nor is the population high enough to support a system like that when you need up to 24 ppl on the same skilllevel to pop a JS.

and well i will say it before ppl getting it wrong again on purpose: of course the guy with better gear will win when skill is on same level. but this is the situation in every game with some kind of progression. Even in modern MP Shootern like CoD or BF4 it is like that. just take sniper in BF3. without the perk which enables you to be scoped while getting another bullet in the chamber of your bolt action rifle you are clearly in a disadvantage to a guy who already have it. he will most likely destroy you when on the same skill level.
    Last edited by Zatochi; 18th October 2014 at 13:27.

Edit by Anzu: Flame.
    Last edited by Anzu; 18th October 2014 at 14:23.

Edit by Anzu: Flame.
    Last edited by Anzu; 18th October 2014 at 14:24.

Quote Originally Posted by razorkid10 View Post
    Actually people don't learn Edit by Anzu: Anything from mini games, if you wanna learn how to PVP properly, you need to get Edit by Anzu: Yourself to open world pvp or dueling, there you will learn your class and other classes and not in PUG mini game. Every new player with pvp 7-10 atm on fury are horrible Edit by Anzu: Fighters, i see pvp 10 ranger getting 0-15 WTF is that, I can go mini with pvp 4 ranger and get 20-0, why is this pvp 10 ranger getting 0-15 and he even try hard. Because he is 2013-2014 born player. He probably went straight to 80 with power level, started farming minis + bori and Edit by Anzu: Farming event quests, but he still sucks, he will not learn to play like that.

What newbies need is , spend time learning every class mechanincs and how they work, bind your keys correctly, get a guild who help you with basic stuff. just making pvp 0-4 minis sepreated from 5-10 dosen't help anywhere, I could roll new conq get t4 sword and pvp t1-t2 set and I would dominate those newbies like crap.

Edit by Anzu: No names allowed.

Its not about sepreating pvp levels, but learning to play -.-
    http://i59.tinypic.com/a3jh8g.jpg difference between open pvp / duel player and 100% mini gear farmer, difference is that i dont have 100 kills and 1000 deaths and pvp 10

I just wanna point out also that I never got any help in pvp, since the day i started aoc I was playing solo.
    word.

/ten
    Last edited by Anzu; 18th October 2014 at 14:25.

Doing nothing is not the right answer either.

Quote Originally Posted by razorkid10 View Post
    Actually people don't learn Edit by Anzu: Anything from mini games, if you wanna learn how to PVP properly, you need to get Edit by Anzu: Yourself to open world pvp or dueling, there you will learn your class and other classes and not in PUG mini game. Every new player with pvp 7-10 atm on fury are horrible Edit by Anzu: Fighters, i see pvp 10 ranger getting 0-15 WTF is that, I can go mini with pvp 4 ranger and get 20-0, why is this pvp 10 ranger getting 0-15 and he even try hard. Because he is 2013-2014 born player. He probably went straight to 80 with power level, started farming minis + bori and Edit by Anzu: Farming event quests, but he still sucks, he will not learn to play like that.

What newbies need is , spend time learning every class mechanincs and how they work, bind your keys correctly, get a guild who help you with basic stuff. just making pvp 0-4 minis sepreated from 5-10 dosen't help anywhere, I could roll new conq get t4 sword and pvp t1-t2 set and I would dominate those newbies like crap.

Edit by Anzu: No names allowed.

Its not about sepreating pvp levels, but learning to play -.-
    http://i59.tinypic.com/a3jh8g.jpg difference between open pvp / duel player and 100% mini gear farmer, difference is that i dont have 100 kills and 1000 deaths and pvp 10

I just wanna point out also that I never got any help in pvp, since the day i started aoc I was playing solo.
    That's not the right way to look at it. People like shortcuts no doubt. But many had to farm bori just to get the gear to start to pvp. That's the whole issue. Unless they're geared, they can't even begin to learn. There are obvie people who are pvp 10 with less than 200 minis, some of them are average, some of them are insanely bad. But that's the whole point of this thread, to figure out how these new players can be better placed in a newbie pool so they can make mistakes and learn.

If I'm a pvper, I won't want these guys in my team, nor would I want to fight against them.
    Last edited by Anzu; 18th October 2014 at 14:25.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathieulombardi View Post
    Doing nothing is not the right answer either.

That's not the right way to look at it. People like shortcuts no doubt. But many had to farm bori just to get the gear to start to pvp. That's the whole issue. Unless they're geared, they can't even begin to learn. There are obvie people who are pvp 10 with less than 200 minis, some of them are average, some of them are insanely bad. But that's the whole point of this thread, to figure out how these new players can be better placed in a newbie pool so they can make mistakes and learn.

If I'm a pvper, I won't want these guys in my team, nor would I want to fight against them.
    he didnt say to do nothing....

Funcom need split mini-games by classes in first place. Even good skilled players can lose to newbie team if their opponents have skilled tank & heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatochi View Post
    its a real bad attitude to point on gear and say there is an imbalance when actually there is just a tiny one not even making up the lack of your knowledge what classes are capable of. As long as i see ppl like described as often in minis as i do now you cant argue with gear or aa. the gap is the stupidity of most players which arent able to read, understand and watch out while fighting..
    Yes, so newbies ar stupids and that's why they do s.... and no no no, don't let them having fun together.

Let's continue to kill them, those little stupids noobs.

Yes, great idea... I very surprised here about the reaction of you... all people well geared and well ranked. For my part, there was no discussion about the fact to split minigames, the discussion would be "are pvp newbies enough to spend time in development for them".

But seems with the reaction of vet', nothing will change for years and you will continue PVP untill nobody come.

Quote Originally Posted by hellstrikelegacy View Post
    he didnt say to do nothing....
    I'm saying for Funcom to do nothing isn't the right answer. Any pvp game, there's always constant tweaks and changes to get the right balance. We wont' get as much updates as those games, but we should expect some sort of augmentation to the maps and systems of pvp in the future.

The most fun you can have in pvp is when you face people of the same level. Imba pvp isn't fun at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatochi View Post
    And how do you want to seperate nubs from vets? by pvp level? Dont make me laugh. You will get destroyed by pvp0 with that attitude because vets do have chars without pvp 10 and the gear isnt nearly as important as you may wanna think.
    As I said before:

Quote Originally Posted by Rathothis View Post
    Some people here seem to follow the awesome logic that, if there is imbalance anyway (due to skill), it doesn't hurt to make it worse (through gear + AA). Clearly, this argument fails.
    How does the fact that a pvp0 vet destroys a pvp0 new player justify the fact that we are giving the same vet pvp10 gear?

What your argument boils down to is that there should be high entry barriers pvp, and that only those players who tolerate getting farmed for a pretty long time are "worthy" of pvping in the first place. But the fact is, artificial entry barriers generally do not lead to an efficient outcome...

I should add that, based on my personal experience, the gear gap matters quite a bit. I was pvping rather casually before Bori, but stopped soon after it was released since I just got steamrolled by people in the then new pvp sets. Over the last couple of years, I tried minis now and then, but the fact that my Khitai geared ToS went down in no time was a huge turn-off. Then, I tried again after they improved the stats on PvP T1 gear and lowered the level requirements - and I'm actually enjoying myself again in AoC PvP, for the first time since before Bori. Also, it turns out that I am not the worst ToS on Crom after all.
    Last edited by Rathothis; 18th October 2014 at 23:16.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast