Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Beginners - SPLIT mini games by ranks 0-5 / 6-10 for better pvp progression

This was asked for several times over the past 5 years.

They said no. But mostly they just ignore suggestions.
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by K4nnyc View Post

I'm here to remind them we still play their game ! Do not forget us ! We pay every month.

Quote Originally Posted by Swaraj View Post
    Do not forget us !
    heh

not too sure what to say to that

Quote Originally Posted by K4nnyc View Post

It seems they expected Unchained Minigames doing the same without splitting the remains of pvp community.

Sorry to say that but splitting wouldnt help at all. Why?

Because skill and knowing all classes is still a big thing in this game. Maybe not as big as it was but still. AA is important but the usefull aa can be get within few hours of playing. Way less important is equip. It helps of course but you can make up gear with skill a lot. Point is most ppl do not even know a third of what are classes are capable of. In every mini i see at least half of the team fighting conqs with a red bubble with melee damage. Hoxes and demos doing firedamage on hox with molten flesh. Etc. you see ppl trying to knockback or fear classes like hoxes in demon form. Ppl trying to apply ccs on already cced opponents (and i dont speak from ccs doing good damage like barb ones).

I see ppl here bringing arguments and i know they belong to the playerbase mentioned above because i see them play in minis on regular bases. Telling me they dont know much, do have little to no real expierience in pvp but talking like they know everything. And thats one of biggest problems in this game and why class balance got so bad. Devs listen to those ppl on tl. Listen to them when they cry about nerfs on op classes and act like the class gets unplayable bad while it is still top of the food chain.

The mechanics in this game are not perfect of course. But the biggest part is still the pvp playerbase for its own and yet it is blamed on the mechanics of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatochi;2114029N
    In every mini i see at least half of the team fighting conqs with a red bubble with melee damage. Hoxes and demos doing firedamage on hox with molten flesh. Etc. you see ppl trying to knockback or fear classes like hoxes in demon form. Ppl trying to apply ccs on already cced opponents (and i dont speak from ccs doing good damage like barb ones).
    Im often laughing in minis when i see something like this, specially when 3-4 players are actually healing conq from low to full health not understanding what they are doing. Also funny is when conq pop that bubble vs magic dmg dealers
    One thing though if hox is in demon form and have imunity to other cc's or they are on cd for me, and hox is attacking my team mate i will try to knock them. And it often work, its not 100% resist

"My suggestion is to SPLIT BG BY RANKS 0-5 / 6-10"

suggestion already known but :

I agree

+1
    it's a good suggestion for new pvpers

Quote Originally Posted by Zatochi View Post
    Sorry to say that but splitting wouldnt help at all. Why?

Because skill and knowing all classes is still a big thing in this game. Maybe not as big as it was but still. AA is important but the usefull aa can be get within few hours of playing. Way less important is equip. It helps of course but you can make up gear with skill a lot. Point is most ppl do not even know a third of what are classes are capable of. In every mini i see at least half of the team fighting conqs with a red bubble with melee damage. Hoxes and demos doing firedamage on hox with molten flesh. Etc. you see ppl trying to knockback or fear classes like hoxes in demon form. Ppl trying to apply ccs on already cced opponents (and i dont speak from ccs doing good damage like barb ones).

I see ppl here bringing arguments and i know they belong to the playerbase mentioned above because i see them play in minis on regular bases. Telling me they dont know much, do have little to no real expierience in pvp but talking like they know everything. And thats one of biggest problems in this game and why class balance got so bad. Devs listen to those ppl on tl. Listen to them when they cry about nerfs on op classes and act like the class gets unplayable bad while it is still top of the food chain.

The mechanics in this game are not perfect of course. But the biggest part is still the pvp playerbase for its own and yet it is blamed on the mechanics of the game.
    I totally disagree with you.

Split minis will help newbies. Why ? yes newbies do mistakes, is it anormal ? no we are beginners, we need to learn. How to give the desire to learn if we get destroyed in 2 seconds ? There are no lessons to be learned that way, except that it's painful and unbalanced and that we don't want it no more...

Split BG will permit the new baseplayer to practice with fun, and not with pain !
    I regularly play minis in group of 12 players ranks 0-4 and you know what ? we do kills, we have fun, we learn 100% more things than against a team of R10 who will gank you every time they see you.

^
    The problem isn't about not splitting for newbies/brackets/ladder, the problem is how you do it. A fresh player or someone who hasn't played for years with pvp 0-5 should play in their own. But a vet who's got t4/t5 on their pvp 0-5, especially on classes with many control abilities are going to insanely imbalance that bracket. It's just like 19-39-59 minis; There are going to be certain scenarios when some classes will dominate and win mini games just by the nature of the dmg dealt and group utilities. Thus simply asking for pvp 0-5 won't work.

I would rather have threshold based balance bracketing. For example, if you're on a class where your mitigation, crit, dps/spell dmg is above a certain threshold (aka t4 gear) for your class or archetype, even if you're pvp 0-5, you should be placed with higher bracket, and will be placed in new player friendly bracket. If you're actually new to the game, then you shouldn't be in a raid to actually get that gear. If you want to imbalance those newbie minis by switching to crap gear, then a vote to kick/reporting system may come into play and stamp out that type of behaviour.

Once you have that balance figured out, then you gotta work on class balance for certain maps. For example, when balancing 2 rogues on a mini map, a sin will have different impact than a ranger on BR and TT compared to LT and HV. This is another reason why I dislike the pvp balance in AOC. In any pvp game, terrain/maps play a huge role in balancing. On maps like BR and Sag (and sieges), stacking range will just straight out win you the game 9 out of 10. If we are to foster what we love about the game, the pvp mechanics and combat, then so much has to be changed, more than what FC is willing to do it seems.
    Last edited by Mathieulombardi; 18th October 2014 at 11:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Swaraj View Post
    I totally disagree with you.

Split minis will help newbies. Why ? yes newbies do mistakes, is it anormal ? no we are beginners, we need to learn. How to give the desire to learn if we get destroyed in 2 seconds ? There are no lessons to be learned that way, except that it's painful and unbalanced and that we don't want it no more...

Split BG will permit the new baseplayer to practice with fun, and not with pain !
    I regularly play minis in group of 12 players ranks 0-4 and you know what ? we do kills, we have fun, we learn 100% more things than against a team of R10 who will gank you every time they see you.
    Actually people don't learn Edit by Anzu: Anything from mini games, if you wanna learn how to PVP properly, you need to get Edit by Anzu: Yourself to open world pvp or dueling, there you will learn your class and other classes and not in PUG mini game. Every new player with pvp 7-10 atm on fury are horrible Edit by Anzu: Fighters, i see pvp 10 ranger getting 0-15 WTF is that, I can go mini with pvp 4 ranger and get 20-0, why is this pvp 10 ranger getting 0-15 and he even try hard. Because he is 2013-2014 born player. He probably went straight to 80 with power level, started farming minis + bori and Edit by Anzu: Farming event quests, but he still sucks, he will not learn to play like that.

What newbies need is , spend time learning every class mechanincs and how they work, bind your keys correctly, get a guild who help you with basic stuff. just making pvp 0-4 minis sepreated from 5-10 dosen't help anywhere, I could roll new conq get t4 sword and pvp t1-t2 set and I would dominate those newbies like crap.

Edit by Anzu: No names allowed.

Its not about sepreating pvp levels, but learning to play -.-
    http://i59.tinypic.com/a3jh8g.jpg difference between open pvp / duel player and 100% mini gear farmer, difference is that i dont have 100 kills and 1000 deaths and pvp 10

I just wanna point out also that I never got any help in pvp, since the day i started aoc I was playing solo.
    Last edited by Anzu; 18th October 2014 at 14:21.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast