Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Beginners - SPLIT mini games by ranks 0-5 / 6-10 for better pvp progression

Splitting the population is the one thing AoC does not need.

Giving entry PvP gear at lvl 1 should be done though, but FC won't do that since they sell that entry gear in the shop. I blame the marketing turdbuckets.
    {Circle of Eternity}
    Mellaus
    Lachdanann dt | Aldebarrand guard | Ataraxes demo | Tangorogrim tos | Aranruth barb | Demether pom | Errant ranger | Diluvien sin | Hekatomb necro | Haemmer bs | Nyarlathotep tos

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post

Giving entry PvP gear at lvl 1 should be done though, but FC won't do that since they sell that entry gear in the shop. I blame the marketing turdbuckets.
    No matter what the best solution might be, it shouldn't be the pain it is to get to PVP 4, if you're relatively new to the game. All that pain do is loosing us players that otherwise would add some much needed influx to the PVP community.

If population was high enough for a more accurate matchmaking based on peoples amount of minigames played, then that would be great too for creating more balanced and fun matches.

Personally I think that splitting minis would be a good thing, once Fury and Crom gets merged anyway. The more skilled players wouldn't risk that so many of their team being oneshot all the time. In the lower bracket the "newbies" might face some people in t4 gear, but at least those would be naabs too in most cases.

You can do a lot with little gear if you're an experienced PVP'er, but people new to the game can't do that good. We do want them to stick around. So splitting minibrackets isn't enough in my opinion, making the full pvp set available at PVP 2 would help a lot.
    Last edited by Sifie; 16th October 2014 at 08:51.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post

Then why do you need to split it by having such an insane power gap in pvp through GEAR? Sure t1 gear is now easier to get, but if the pvp is crappy till then and you kind of are enforced to use uniformed gear and uniform builds, you can count on many people leaving the train (thus splitting the population as well).
    Giving some t0 gear can help, but to fix it you need to get some kind of "system" approach back into it. It should be different systemwise, if you kill a 18000 health char with 400 dps and 40% mitigation and 20% prot with extra AA feats than killing a 9000 health char with 200 dps and 30% mitigation and 10% prot with no AA at all. Also some specialization options that do not involve buying from the shop (bags, extra bank slots) and grinding for months/years (purple gear alternatives and more powerful versions) would be a lot more helpful to keep people motivated to endure pvp here (or in ideal case, have actual FUN).
    Other crippling aspects like the engine updates and the server move are not so easy to fix though...so i guess you will never see a similar pvp population in the future as in 2010, merge and change the system all the way you want But here the former points (system fixes, more options etc.) can do at least something working as compensation. As (ontopic) would do some kind of "safer" environment for players willing to practice, test out and learn the ropes to advance without having to compete with the "powerhouses". You should just consider that being powerful is not based on pvp level alone (thus me mentioning the hp, dps etc.) and i already see problems coming with t5, since they still have not given pvp a different power progression curve than pve...and here lies a huge part of the problem (adjusting pvp gear in power to the pve side is bound to fail and not worth the work, if you can achieve a better goal with less dev work. especially when it is not adressed or updated in the crafting part of the game, which would have given easier access to gear options and specialization choices. Just look at what happened from 2009 till 2014 gearwise).
    I suspect there is a reason why they go this way of gear explosion, but it is the wrong route, imo.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 16th October 2014 at 16:50.

Quote Originally Posted by Norisak View Post
    When a new player tries to pvp
    http://i.imgur.com/ymWGL1R.gif
    Unless they're a t4 necro demo ranger.

There are inherent imbalances with classes AND maps AND gear that makes splitting minis by pvp levels unreliable.

The problem is not that 6-10 are somehow gods in PVP, the issue is that the gear gap and AA gap makes it impossible for new players to compete. The solution is not to split up the population, it is to fix the gear/AA gap.
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Quote Originally Posted by Norisak View Post
    When a new player tries to pvp
    http://i.imgur.com/ymWGL1R.gif
    Haha ! That is so true...

I don't know where you can find the time to be skilled when you are two-shot.

I hope developpers will do something fast because today, and i'm sorry for people who will group me, but today i have to play **** during about 300 minis before doing something fun and helpfull !

Now, you will always have the situation where a guy who play for long time will have more power / AA / Experience and will kill you. I do not have problem with that if i can defend myself a bit !

Splitting minis by ranks should be a help. Ranks 0-4 have not for majority set up all their AA in pvp. You will have more probabilities to find someone like you, new or reroll.

I think the option to choose only lower ranks should help a lot new players and refresh the base of pvp players, and i hope that newbies will use it. But as we are never sure of anything, we should have also the option to tag with everybody and not only lowers...

People who don't want that are certainly the guys who focus lower ranks as soon as they see one, and want to continue the same way.

There is a simple solution for how to help newbies - there SHOULD be a team queue with 1-2 friends. So guildies can cooperate in voice chat as it should be with every pvp action and veterans can play hand to hand with newbies and learn them how to do with their class in different situations.

i'd say, let pvp lvl 0 get pvp gear. perhaps a T0 blue gear for those interested in pvp...

what i've seen in many games that became old, to help new players to compete to veteran players, they give them some gear that scales with their levels, good enough for starters but not OP.

i would recommend that, in case you take this in consideration, make this gear full pvp. no stat would help in pve (like pvp combat rating, etc) i don't know, maybe this encourage players to pvp aswell... everyone likes to get easy gear, but to use it is better.

as for spliting pvp, i don't think is a good idea for the current aoc population, even now in crom, there are minis but if you miss one you have to wait for the last one to end.
    BK are empty, would be nice to see that pvp event more often.
    meh...

The system is so ****ed up atm where there's just no viable short and long term solution atm.

Blame sirloin.

I say fresh lvl 80 should get at least 200 AA points (that is with 79 from lvling) so he can get nice start. Also some blue t0 gear would be nice so they can at least contribute in minigames.
    I still believe that AA is bigger issue but i understand that not everybody has will to endure torture to get pvp 4 gear so there should be some solution.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast