Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: 24 Player Raiding: A Relic of the past?

They stopped token conversions at the T3 mark (no T3->T4) and this is understandable as T4 is premium content requiring not only a SUB but also the purchase of RoTGS. But they need to really put some alternative way to get people geared in T4, especially now that T4 is no longer "end-game". I don't know about those Pro Euro players but the U.S. is still stuck back in 2010, wherein Wing 2 is a 50/50 coin toss in terms of success and I've even seen U.S. guild runs wipe in Wing 1 several times before eventual success. Anything, above T2 is a nightmare. Frankly, I think there is 1 U.S. guild thats pretty much sucked up all the half-decent players on Crom server (U.S. time side). But, I don't want to name names here.

Quote Originally Posted by Valicard View Post
    They stopped token conversions at the T3 mark (no T3->T4) and this is understandable as T4 is premium content requiring not only a SUB but also the purchase of RoTGS. But they need to really put some alternative way to get people geared in T4, especially now that T4 is no longer "end-game". I don't know about those Pro Euro players but the U.S. is still stuck back in 2010, wherein Wing 2 is a 50/50 coin toss in terms of success and I've even seen U.S. guild runs wipe in Wing 1 several times before eventual success. Anything, above T2 is a nightmare. Frankly, I think there is 1 U.S. guild thats pretty much sucked up all the half-decent players on Crom server (U.S. time side). But, I don't want to name names here.
    If that's your view on those guilds, do you really think they would deserve T4 gear? It wouldn't make them better players in any way, if you don't even succeed in a T2 raid, let alone a T3 raid, you just don't deserve T4 gear. Either up your game, or just be okay with it, but gearing people with T4 gear, without them ever doing T4 is just stupid..

I have never been a member of RA but I am confident to say neither RA nor Prophets would wipe in BRC or T3, if you want t4 gear join a guild that is working towards killing it and ask for help if you need it. Members of Prophets or RA would be glad to assist. If US guilds are wiping in BRC then its the new starter guilds, who I hope will continue to progress in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Blows View Post
    If that's your view on those guilds, do you really think they would deserve T4 gear? It wouldn't make them better players in any way, if you don't even succeed in a T2 raid, let alone a T3 raid, you just don't deserve T4 gear. Either up your game, or just be okay with it, but gearing people with T4 gear, without them ever doing T4 is just stupid..
    And then the game loses population and eventually shuts down. More then one person I've known personally and in-game have quit over "no progress". They got to full T2/Khitai and basically said to me "hey, dude the game stops at T2/khitai, whens the last time you got on a succesful T4 raid or much less any PUG T4 raid, success or not." The game is crap because the bottom 95% of your population can't do any of these raids although they've been playing everyday for years and years. Age of Conan sucks because the game stops at T2/Khitai. Again, this is not how I feel. But how 95% of the population feels who all just can't get into these upper tiers (because there is noone around to do them with).

And then the game loses population and eventually shuts down. More then one person I've known personally and in-game have quit over "no progress". They got to full T2/Khitai and basically said to me "hey, dude the game stops at T2/khitai, whens the last time you got on a succesful T4 raid or much less any PUG T4 raid, success or not." The game is crap because the bottom 95% of your population can't do any of these raids although they've been playing everyday for years and years. Age of Conan sucks because the game stops at T2/Khitai. Again, this is not how I feel. But how 95% of the population feels who all just can't get into these upper tiers (because there is noone around to do them with).
    The game does not stop at T2/Khitai. If you want to progress and see content beyond that, you need to join a competent guild. This is an MMO, not a single player game.

If you can't get into a competent guild then create an alliance between several small guilds. It is no ones fault if all you do is bitch instead of work towards solutions, EVERYONE has been offered help, NOT ONE GUILD has stepped up and asked for help, no one wants to do a damn thing to help themselves, they just want to be feed loot with no work or effort. How the hell can't you find a guild that can do more than t2 at this point in the game. Sorry for all the swear words but its just beyond belief that you can't find help or can't create raid alliances or progress.

Let's do maths: I guess at least (minimum) 200 players have regularly cleared T4 during last 6-12 months (destiny, coe, x.legion, tainted souls, awakening of evo, rogue angels, ronin, domus serpentis, fail bunch and more; only guilds I named make more then 200 players).
    If that's only 5% of playerbase, it means that there are 200*100/5 = 4.000 players which according to you play every day (that means have exp).

4.000 players = 160 potential more raid groups.

Something not working in your mats.. if all those players exist and are so many, and are split in guild with less then 25-30 players each, then it's a big fail, but doesn't depend on game as you write but on players..

Players who are interested in clearing high level content join or form organized guilds.

I have started playing in 2011, I totally skipped T2 (I even dunno strats of some bosses).
    How can you say game is stucked in T2 now in 2014?
    Last edited by Korando-AoC; 17th October 2014 at 23:22.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

T3- is nerfed so many times, its really easy do now than 5 years ago, if you cant do it there must be something wrong

T4- is officially the end game content, The Dragon Spine content is not even finished yet so is not end game yet

If you are still stuck in T2 as US player and you see everything above T2 as nightmare then you have a problem, that does mean that you cant even do pagoda in Godslayer mode?

So, very hard to see outside looking in when you're already inside nice and warm. I don't want to bring politics into it but it's like Republicans up here on Capitol Hill. "OK, Mr. President I want you to fix wasteful spending, fix a malfunctioning 4 trillion dollar healthcare system, stop ISIS, and destroy Ebola. Oh BTW, we're blocking every spending bill you pass our way... and um, no more dipping into the deficit cookie jar (which we completely abused to fund 2 failed wars.) So, basically we want you to save the world on 20 bucks. God speed, Mr. President."

Don't you think people would've figured out a way if there was a solution? Most of these guilds that can reasonably do these raids are full, no one can babysit raids 24/7 for every pug that forms, equilibrium has been achieved. The "in-guilds" that can do all these raids will continue to grind this half-budget recycled nonsense while the true meat of the population slowly withers away after getting bored doing warmonks/palace for the 9 millionth time. I'm only here to make certain DTs get nerfed into oblivion. I truly believe I'm doing a massive service to the game by reigning in this nuisance class. I can care less nor have the time to tackle an issue as big as population and game design philosophy. But, the players here need to wake up and realize how badly the "people outside that cozy home" of yours is doing because one day the game will just end up with you guys only. And if that's fine with you, all I can say is hey bud it's your game, good luck.

So, very hard to see outside looking in when you're already inside nice and warm. I don't want to bring politics into it but it's like Republicans up here on Capitol Hill. "OK, Mr. President I want you to fix wasteful spending, fix a malfunctioning 4 trillion dollar healthcare system, stop ISIS, and destroy Ebola. Oh BTW, we're blocking every spending bill you pass our way... and um, no more dipping into the deficit cookie jar (which we completely abused to fund 2 failed wars.) So, basically we want you to save the world on 20 bucks. God speed, Mr. President."

Don't you think people would've figured out a way if there was a solution? Most of these guilds that can reasonably do these raids are full, no one can babysit raids 24/7 for every pug that forms, equilibrium has been achieved. The "in-guilds" that can do all these raids will continue to grind this half-budget recycled nonsense while the true meat of the population slowly withers away after getting bored doing warmonks/palace for the 9 millionth time. I'm only here to make certain DTs get nerfed into oblivion. I truly believe I'm doing a massive service to the game by reigning in this nuisance class. I can care less nor have the time to tackle an issue as big as population and game design philosophy. But, the players here need to wake up and realize how badly the "people outside that cozy home" of yours is doing because one day the game will just end up with you guys only. And if that's fine with you, all I can say is hey bud it's your game, good luck.
    Your being ridiculous, what have you done to improve this situation? Have you tried to merge your guild with another, have you tired to help a small guild get thru t3 or t4..because you know what...PROPHETS HAS. We ran Coalition raiders for over three years getting random "anyone who signed up" thur t3, we taught folks the strats and got several folks able to go back to their little guilds and succeed. SO INSTEAD OF WHINE YOUR ASS OFF, explain what your guilds problem is and see if we can help fix it.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast