Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: 24 Player Raiding: A Relic of the past?

What I want-

+I want to see 6 man dungeons with a lock out of 1 week (like raids) with gear as competitive to raid gear. Raiding is about finding people who have RL schedules similar to yours. It has nothing to do with in-game activity. Ultimately, you are rewarding in-game gear for out of game (RL) accomplishments.

+I want to see co-op 6 mans. You get a 6-man group that start off in a "lobby" similar to the necropolis lobby. Each lobby has 1 puzzle box, 1 pedestal, 1 exit, and 1 stairs down. The puzzle box is incomplete/unfinished and the group must enter down the stairs to find puzzle shards (off boss drops) to complete the puzzle. The catch is there are 6 shards total and only 3 bosses that a group can face at any given time (1 shard drop per boss) so in order to complete the puzzle box it must be given to another group (tradeable/mailable) for them to kill bosses and collect 3 shards. Once completed and placed back on the pedestal, it will automatically update the quest(and of course purple boxes)for each of the 12 members (if logged off;will update as soon as the player logs back on). One could also increase the number of players involved to 18 or even 24, effectively making this a raid but divided into 4 unique/independent 6 man instances.

+A 6-man planner. A very simple calendar (rip off the code from the siege planner) that anyone can open up in-game, scroll through dates/times/dungeon and signup for a particular group. It is night & day in terms of stress when you have even half a group pre-formed already, ready to go, as soon as you log-on. It would take 10 minutes max from logon point to your first boss in a dungeon with a filled group.
    Last edited by Valicard; 19th October 2014 at 14:16.

dude- just go play Lego Minifgures. It has all that and more!! They also have a forum on which you can vent your frustrations as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Valicard View Post
    What I want-

+I want to see 6 man dungeons with a lock out of 1 week (like raids) with gear as competitive to raid gear. Raiding is about finding people who have RL schedules similar to yours. It has nothing to do with in-game activity. Ultimately, you are rewarding in-game gear for out of game (RL) accomplishments.

+I want to see co-op 6 mans. You get a 6-man group that start off in a "lobby" similar to the necropolis lobby. Each lobby has 1 puzzle box, 1 pedestal, 1 exit, and 1 stairs down. The puzzle box is incomplete/unfinished and the group must enter down the stairs to find puzzle shards (off boss drops) to complete the puzzle. The catch is there are 6 shards total and only 3 bosses that a group can face at any given time (1 shard drop per boss) so in order to complete the puzzle box it must be given to another group (tradeable/mailable) for them to kill bosses and collect 3 shards. Once completed and placed back on the pedestal, it will automatically update the quest(and of course purple boxes)for each of the 12 members (if logged off;will update as soon as the player logs back on). One could also increase the number of players involved to 18 or even 24, effectively making this a raid but divided into 4 unique/independent 6 man instances.

+A 6-man planner. A very simple calendar (rip off the code from the siege planner) that anyone can open up in-game, scroll through dates/times/dungeon and signup for a particular group. It is night & day in terms of stress when you have even half a group pre-formed already, ready to go, as soon as you log-on. It would take 10 minutes max from logon point to your first boss in a dungeon with a filled group.
    And I want a pink flying unicorn with a rainbow glitter behind him as a mount.

What I want-

"6 man dungens with a lock out of 1 week(...)".........LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Bvis View Post
    Most of the US guilds I am familiar with start raiding around 8-9 pm Eastern time zone (UTC-5). Starting earlier is a problem because a lot of the population of the US lives on the east (NY, Washington DC, etc) and west coasts (California) with a 3 hour time difference between them, so a raid time has to end early enough for the eastern people to get to bed at a decent time but start late enough for the western people to be home from work. It would be like scheduling raids to fit the schedules of people from the UK and people in Moscow to compare to European time zones, so there's only a narrow window that works for both. Weekend raids could probably be pushed earlier to pick up some late night EU players, in fact there are often some EU players in the Sunday evening T3 pug raids.

Ok, thanks for answering. il keep an eye open if im awake, and im usualy on koraile. so send me a tell if im online, i usualy have a couple of Carrs free, they are already full t3 or Close to it, and one that is full t4, i mostly raid for the fun anyway.
    Koraile, dark templar.

Mentoring/Merging/holding hands and singing kumbaya it's all been done before. Come on guys, the population cratered for several years now server after server merge, guilds upon guilds merging with big dreams and nothing coming from it, pros and leaders that threw in the towel... I mean it's a nightmare.
    One reason a lot of guilds with good intentions have failed was because of players who didn't care about the game and their community. When a guild has a bunch of people who either dislike the game for what it is (an MMO), or think of only themselves, then the guild will eventually fall apart despite the best intentions of the leader/officers.

Looking at this thread in general, I see those exact two sides. We have the people who care about the game, knowing exactly what kind of game it is, who care about the community, who try and help others, offer solutions, and generally are nice people. On the other side, I see all the people who either don't like the game as it is (an MMO), who don't care about community, who don't want to help others, who don't offer solutions (aside from trying to change the game into something it is not), or who are generally just antagonizers.

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    Looking at this thread in general, I see those exact two sides. We have the people who care about the game, knowing exactly what kind of game it is, who care about the community, who try and help others, offer solutions, and generally are nice people. On the other side, I see all the people who either don't like the game as it is (an MMO), who don't care about community, who don't want to help others, who don't offer solutions (aside from trying to change the game into something it is not), or who are generally just antagonizers.
    And you are caring to do what? Nothing. I don't see these magical caring people online. I don't see them spending 6 hours+ on one boss. I'm one of those guys, that spent 6 hours; 3 hours a piece for two days..week after week. Are you? Try to help others? Who are you in-game? Come to our never-ending 3 hour raids...trying to speak 3 different languages over google translate so non-english speakers can understand the strat, all the way down to trying to explain how to DPS with your ToS or even how/when to throw a big heal. I'm there, while you sit back and finish t3/t4 on "farm" mode, I'm down with these genuinely new people who attempting to play the game above "T2 wing 1 level".

You see guy, I know people like you.Out of one side, you write this self-righteous spiel thinking you're making some kind of deeply insightful statement. But out the other, you're just covering your own back. You got a solid raid guild, you know eventually you'll get raids on farm (and thus the absolute best gear in the game) so it's a lock...why is this Valicard guy trying to ruin my lock? Listen fellas, I don't care where these 24 man raids go. Frankly, I'm more inclined to play candy crush or my Ms. Pacman arcade. I try HARD to teach and get something started, but it's not working. If truly there are these "magical helpful people" then clearly their efforts are not enough...because the rest of the population is heading into the sinkhole, one painful week after the other. Most of you are so insulated in your comfy set guilds that you just don't understand what the rest of 90% is going through (especially the precious new players who just created their toons last year or this year).What is happening NOW, is NOT working. Why is this so difficult to understand?
    Last edited by Valicard; 20th October 2014 at 03:23.

And you are caring to do what? Nothing. I don't see these magical caring people online. I don't see them spending 6 hours+ on one boss. I'm one of those guys, that spent 6 hours; 3 hours a piece for two days..week after week. Are you? Try to help others? Who are you in-game? Come to our never-ending 3 hour raids...trying to speak 3 different languages over google translate so non-english speakers can understand the strat, all the way down to trying to explain how to DPS with your ToS or even how/when to throw a big heal. I'm there, while you sit back and finish t3/t4 on "farm" mode, I'm down with these genuinely new people who attempting to play the game above "T2 wing 1 level".

You see guy, I know people like you.Out of one side, you write this self-righteous spiel thinking you're making some kind of deeply insightful statement. But out the other, you're just covering your own back. You got a solid raid guild, you know eventually you'll get raids on farm (and thus the absolute best gear in the game) so it's a lock...why is this Valicard guy trying to ruin my lock? Listen fellas, I don't care where these 24 man raids go. Frankly, I'm more inclined to play candy crush or my Ms. Pacman arcade. I try HARD to teach and get something started, but it's not working. If truly there are these "magical helpful people" then clearly their efforts are not enough...because the rest of the population is heading into the sinkhole, one painful week after the other. Most of you are so insulated in your comfy set guilds that you just don't understand what the rest of 90% is going through (especially the precious new players who just created their toons last year or this year).What is happening NOW, is NOT working. Why is this so difficult to understand?
    You just keep talking to yourself, time after time. Those poor people that created their toons this year or last year, geez, is it normal that they would be on T5, farming ****, when they are playing for a couple of months? No.
    Do other MMO's give away their top tier content to new people? No. (Well except for the stupid Pay2win in some games). So is it weird in the first few weeks/months top tier guilds only get to do T5? No, absolutely not. What would be the fun if a guild that has barely progressed for themselves could easily do T5? Where would the hard part of finding tactics and the challenge of doing it first be for the people that have been here for years? Indeed, it wouldn't be there. AoC is not going to be alot more lively then it is now, let's face that. Why not try to keep your current population to like the game and give them some content...

If a player can't successfully do T1, T2, T3, T3.5, T4, he has nothing to do in T5 except filling a spot. The number is there for a chronological reason, it is a numbered sequence of raids, with increasing difficulty.

A player who has been active for a few months should barely be reaching level 80 if playing a few hours every day. If known to MMO mechanics and questing, it takes roughly 100 hours to level up. If one player gets powerleveled on his first char and carried through stuff to gear him up, throw him into T4/T5, that guy is 99% going to be a terrible player.

New guys needs to do old stuff first. Age of Conan is not an easy game compared to other MMOs out there, and if difficulty is not something that is appreciated, maybe it is just as good to find some other game to fill your spare time with.

Quote Originally Posted by Blows View Post
    You just keep talking to yourself, time after time. Those poor people that created their toons this year or last year, geez, is it normal that they would be on T5, farming ****, when they are playing for a couple of months? No.
    Do other MMO's give away their top tier content to new people? No. (Well except for the stupid Pay2win in some games). So is it weird in the first few weeks/months top tier guilds only get to do T5? No, absolutely not. What would be the fun if a guild that has barely progressed for themselves could easily do T5? Where would the hard part of finding tactics and the challenge of doing it first be for the people that have been here for years? Indeed, it wouldn't be there. AoC is not going to be alot more lively then it is now, let's face that. Why not try to keep your current population to like the game and give them some content...
    I guess what I'm trying to say without trying to be mean is that the game is poorly designed. From a marketing, gameplay, and overall design arc viewpoint. And well, the numbers show. But damn I believed in Gaute and his vision in the beginning months really showed promise and still some glimmers of it show even today through Joel and the new team. But more needs to be done to address this continuing population-driven problem.
    Last edited by Valicard; 20th October 2014 at 10:48.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast