Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: halloween

Default halloween

Some news about when will start halloween's quests?
    Last edited by zujilin; 17th October 2014 at 15:59.

I would also like information about the rewards. Anyone?
    Nohrin - Stygian Herald of Xolti
    Ubogin - Cimmerian Bear Shaman
    Noxamor - Aquilonian Barbarian

If you are interested in Age of Conan Livestreams, check out my Livestream or better yet follow my Livestream at www.twitch.tv/visoth

have not seen any information specifically stating when these will start, or what exactly will be the rewards for the new quest(s), best guess is that they will start on October 25th, 1 week before Halloween, and last until 1 week after Halloween. If true then 8pm EST in US. As for the loot for the previous Halloween quests I would venture to say they will stay the same. Completion gets you bags or crates that have various items in them: vanity rewards, pets, EXP candy, and/or potions/invocations.

Would love some kind of verification from Funcom or Mods on this. We seem to get so little actual information on these events it's kind of sad that people must guess things like start times and rewards.

Edit: so much for that guess. Is it too much to ask for one of the Mods to provide us with the time frame for the events?
    Last edited by Stealthius; 24th October 2014 at 11:38.

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthius View Post
    have not seen any information specifically stating when these will start, or what exactly will be the rewards for the new quest(s), best guess is that they will start on October 25th, 1 week before Halloween, and last until 1 week after Halloween. If true then 8pm EST in US. As for the loot for the previous Halloween quests I would venture to say they will stay the same. Completion gets you bags or crates that have various items in them: vanity rewards, pets, EXP candy, and/or potions/invocations.

Would love some kind of verification from Funcom or Mods on this. We seem to get so little actual information on these events it's kind of sad that people must guess things like start times and rewards.

Edit: so much for that guess. Is it too much to ask for one of the Mods to provide us with the time frame for the events?
    The dates on these things really fluctuate depending on translation and QA approvals. So we have submitted the Conan Halloween event for QA approval, and the text is supposed to be translated by Monday.

Assume all goes well, the the date is a few days away. But making that assumption bits me in the ass a lot. If QA find a showstopper, it adds at least a day (fixing it, building a new version, retesting the version etc)
    So I have been wary about providing dates.

Default last year

Didn't we have a week before the actual holiday last year? With your current timeline; we're looking at late on the 27th ~ at BEST. Not ideal.
    I hope you're looking to give us a full 2-weeks with the content.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinauer View Post
    Didn't we have a week before the actual holiday last year? With your current timeline; we're looking at late on the 27th ~ at BEST. Not ideal.

I've got a feeling it's not going to be a full blown halloween event complete with brand new storyline, boss fights, and new vanity. Probably much smaller in scale with mostly "gm level" event happenings.

Quote Originally Posted by Valicard View Post
    I've got a feeling it's not going to be a full blown halloween event complete with brand new storyline, boss fights, and new vanity. Probably much smaller in scale with mostly "gm level" event happenings.
    Judging from the duration of time and/or lack of response to the duration of this years event(s) ... I'm thinking we're going to get the pointy-end this year.

Thinking that we're going to get new content on this years event? Well that's just not even in my mind. That would be asking a bit much from this staff. Last years event (recycled) will have to do. But hey, I'm low maintenance like that. I'll take what I can get. YES FUNCOM, MAY I HAVE ANOTHER?

You should read the latest GD letter.
    Short cuts make long delays.

GD letter said "last weeks: of October and usually that implies it will be the 3rd and 4th week of x month.

The way that it is working is that it'll be mid week next week, and will end up being at the same time as the worldboss (at least partially)

But given that this is a funcom game, I am rather used to late GD letters and late content.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinauer View Post

No matter when we release it, we will leave it up for two weeks. Also the scope is roughly the same as last year - new questline, new instances and new version of a hub. At least one new vanity item (new as in, not a retexture but a new item model with geometry)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast