Thread: Is Necro class broken?

Default Is Necro class broken?

I've been playing some minis,but can't kill or do any damage at all........i have BB gear + pvp rings/necklace + vile cloak + fort tali and t2 dagger........with 8 stacks of despoil i have 2k magic damage....
    Is it that broken? :S
    If someone could give me some spec advices,rotations and buffs would appreciate,also is it pvp 1 gear better than kithai gear atm?

my wierd spec,after making a lot...a normally don't spec on general,but well:pvp spec

Quote Originally Posted by WikipediaBrown View Post
    I've been playing some minis,but can't kill or do any damage at all........i have BB gear + pvp rings/necklace + vile cloak + fort tali and t2 dagger........with 8 stacks of despoil i have 2k magic damage....
    Is it that broken? :S
    If someone could give me some spec advices,rotations and buffs would appreciate,also is it pvp 1 gear better than kithai gear atm?

my wierd spec,after making a lot...a normally don't spec on general,but well:pvp spec
    its not broken at all

decent spec, get purge in general

and yea get pvp gear

Its hard to say what are you doing wrong but necro class is not broken. Actually it is pretty simple to play and get kills.
    Your gear is good but your build ain't, and honestly necro really dont need pvp gear, khitai gear is good enough, t4 even better . You really dont need gelid bones atm and only 16 points in general to get purge. But even with messed up build necro can rack kills. Bursting bomb feat from reanimation tree is what i aim to get, also i kind of like fully feated motd in my specs but 1 point is also good enough. i end up with 29/34/16 build

The thing is that you probably count on ftw to do kills for you, that is not really case anymore. You need to be active in your playing and count on your burst to get kill (chill+instant ice strike). Dont just dot and run somwhere to SW its fail tactic and wont do you much good.
    PB, FtW, MotD and IS are your main spells. Gangrenous stench (very good for revealing stealth players) and blasphemous ruins are also very usefull + life strike for some heal. MotD everything you see to get some nice heals. SW only when you really can, and dont forget that chill is nice aoe to players around your target.
    Rest is just good positioning and choosing right targets at right times and stay mobile. Dont go solo to much, try to help team and result will come. You also need to learn to kite good if you wanna play necro.
    Last edited by viroku; 28th September 2014 at 13:42.

I seen even bot necros topping kills in mini so cant be that hard