Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Funcom Q2 report - revenues decrease

I heard Chocobo racing is super popular in FFXIV.
    Quote Originally Posted by Naberu
    "Is she blood-related? If not, j-j-jam it in! If so, meh...j-j-jam it in anyways!"

Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Quote Originally Posted by krippa View Post
    i disagree.

*bland static leveling zones that consist of nothing but "kill x of this" and "collect y of that". after tortage the leveling experience is terrible

*broken/halfassed game systems - broken guild renown system, poorly made murder system and sieges that were just quickly slopped together

*mediocre content - horse racing anyone? shrines of bori? sieges?

*bugs that still haven't been fixed (some from launch) - invisible horse, armor clipping, floating sword, when you die from fire/electric fatality your skin doesn't reset, ranger 1 shot bug, settings not saving, missing mountains in purple lotus swamp, and missing cages in grasslands, lootbox bug, minigame signup bug, jhebbal sag group bug, necro/demo pet bug etc. etc.

*no theorycrafting - all classes have about 2 cookie cutter builds and very few different playstyles. there aren't a lot of gear options, you get stuck with stats that funcom gives you on highest tier of pve/pvp armor. crafting revamp was supposed to change this but who knows when that will come out.

*poor optimization - game doesn't run well on newer graphics cards, etc.

no point in advertising aoc until they overhaul large parts of the game.
    fully agreed. I was about to resign up. then i saw blizzards latest FREE update to diablo3 and latest update to WoW,
    then i looked at value from other games such as witcher 3, and quite a few others. and i just went. WHY would i spend my money here. its the same game i played before. nothings changed. if i join now. the only thing i will do is the same content. over and over till i get a raid spot. no thanks.

production of new content here is less then i get from a single mod in minecraft. one single mod in minecraft updates more often, and provides more content.
    I honestly just shake my head at funcom as a game dev studio.

''the Company is actively seeking solutions to the repayment of its debt due in June 2016, as revenues generated from all the games are not expected to be sufficient to cover both operational expenses and debt repayment obligations.''

oops.

Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Yeah great surprise. Who thought that this game could actual flop? I mean really. After tsw already proofed all critics wrong and was a huge success this really is surprising. Funcom being wrong on its own forecasts? Wow, thats something completely new and surprising.

Please make me stop being so nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Rathothis View Post
    Here we go - who would have thought?

http://www.funcom.com/investors/upda..._of_the_compan
    Funcom must really have a thick pair of blinders. They are only ones that didn't forecast it to flop. They also expected TSW to be a WOW killer. Lol

Enjoy Aoc while you can, more than likely won't be able to keep Aoc and TSW.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Quote Originally Posted by Rathothis View Post
    Here we go - who would have thought?

http://www.funcom.com/investors/upda..._of_the_compan
    It's expected. They release an mmo then drop it and move onto the next. AoC broke all sales records, there was a huge interest in it. But then they went and dropped $70m on TSW which would have been better as a singleplayer RPG than an mmo. TSW didn't so hot, then they dropped that and moved onto the lego mmo. They continuously just move onto the next product hoping they'll hit the jackpot and it'll be the next big thing.

and now the mounting debt has caught up with them.
    Last edited by krippa; 24th July 2015 at 17:00.

Quote Originally Posted by krippa View Post
    It's expected. They release an mmo then drop it and move onto the next. AoC broke all sales records, there was a huge interest in it. But then they went and dropped $70m on TSW which would have been better as a singleplayer RPG than an mmo. Now it's the lego mmo.. they continuously just move onto the next product hoping they'll hit the jackpot and it'll be the next big thing.

Imagine if they spent that 70m revamping AoC; adding player housing, sieges, a real criminal system, voice acted quests, etc.

Oh well.. what's done is done.
    I don't buy that stuff like player houses, or better sieges or wpvp system etc. would've saved AoC. There's not a single PvP-focused MMO that was successful, and I don't think a better launch and early decisions by FC would've made AoC the exception. On the other hand there have been several successful PvE MMOs, like the Everquests, the Final Fantasys, and most of all, WoW.

Of course, any additional money spent on AoC would have made our current situation better, and there's no denying that FC has made some disastrous decisions both in past and recently...

Quote Originally Posted by Greyloins View Post
    ...there's no denying that FC has made some disastrous decisions both in past and recently...
    Best MMO I've come across ~ but FUNCOM makes me a nervous consumer; that's why I've unsubbed my second account, pay for my single account on a month to month basis, and remove payment info from account page each time I pay.

/fingers-crossed that some miracle will un-fook these kats soon.

"Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast