Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Funcom Q2 report - revenues decrease

I always kind of feared AoC being taken down but secretly wishing I could return to it again some day, just waiting for the news that Funcom sold AoC to an actual developer.

Then...

I downloaded LEGO minifigures on my iphone...

For 5.99.

GG

The sadest part of all of this, minifigures isn't even worth 5.99
    Last edited by Mysticblood; 24th July 2015 at 19:28.
    Anuhart
    Mysticblood
    Holyssmoke

Alienware Area 51 990x 4.30GHz
    Water-cooled Radeon R9 290X

Funcom needs to release another Adventure Pack for AoC to generate more revenue!

yes true, only real solution, because the only game, which brings money for funcom is Age of conan. If funcom need stait a life, stop other game and focus AOC.

Or other solution, sell Age of conan to another company.
    " The only matter I do not take seriously, boy, is you.
    Your politics bore me. Your demeanor is that of a pouty child.
    And apparently, you have alienated my favourite game, conan.
    I will honour our agreement fool, if you bring me that i have asked you.
    But if you return to me empty handed again... I will bathe the starways in your blood."

Quote Originally Posted by Lostworld View Post
    yes true, only real solution, because the only game, which brings money for funcom is Age of conan. If funcom need stait a life, stop other game and focus AOC.

Or other solution, sell Age of conan to another company.
    Which serious developer would be interested in buying a game that has a few thousand players left , with bugs and issues in the code not even the current developers can fix ?
    Think about the insane amount it would take to fix it , not to mention the marketing costs to bring more players into the game . The f2p boost has already been taken , but the model sucks , so it turned out to be not sustainable and after 4 years there is hardly anyone left
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Yup, another company would have closed servers 3 years ago.
    They can't expect much revenues from AoC when the game is basically in maintenance mode for years... but with subs and cash shop.
    How can they gain players for their future titles when Funcom's AO is known for the 7-years dev graphical revamp, and AoC is mainly known for the launch failure and 4-years vaporware crafting revamp.

In a mmo-market in crisis since 2010, heavily countered by Mobas and survival game, i don't think Funcom can survive if they don't change their strategy asap.
    Your Storm Field critically healed Officer of the Wolves for 7038.

I personally dont see them investing anything more into AoC ever again, time & resources are pretty much all being directed towards TSW which makes me feel that the head honchos of Funcom already know that the company is going to dissolve or be fragmented. With that they would try & hang onto TSW as they own the IP outright while AoC is just being milked before the license expires & wont be renewed.

The way that the community team have zero interest in this title in comparison to the effort they put into TSW for promotions etc is evident & only sways my opinion on this matter more so as it feels that its an intentional push from within rather than them "not liking" or lacking knowledge about AoC. Ive still got messages from January from Tomium about certain things for this forum & that was delayed because of an email problem internally or so was stated...7 months ok then.

As for Lego? Well it was another move too late im afraid. Lego games have become quite popular over the last few years & it appears that the initial development failed to readjust its marketing/pricing during that period to match the current market. Releasing a subscription based Lego MMO when the vast majority of other single & multiplayer Lego games are available for $5 was its death knell & the pricing/model adjustment is again Funcom flapping its arms trying to stay afloat but the damage in reviews an opinions on Lego online is already out there due to the poor launch.

I know its a long shot but I would prefer them to come out & say that AoC is going down unless you the players help us, be honest with us. The financial reports are there so we can see the mess they are in, launch some crowdfunding for AoC or Funcom, something because as it is the writings on the wall yet no word from them which implies they are just happy taking our cash right up until the lights go off, which would be a low blow for many of the players invested in this over the years.
    Give us some return on the loyalty shown & it may prove dividends for them.

Anyways I want AoC to survive in no matter what shape or form, its my favourite MMO ive ever played, I love everything about it & behind Funcoms ridiculous marketing mess & financials there was at one stage a company that developed some unique titles that fit a niche audience. Im eagerly awaiting the answers to the questions asked of Cirith but if its more vagueness then I think I will be done with this game

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyxx View Post
    I personally dont see them investing anything more into AoC ever again, time & resources are pretty much all being directed towards TSW
    The thing is, they aren't investing that much into TSW either. Patch updates there have been very slow and frequently delayed as well. Now in the next month TSW should finally get its' next big PvE content since launch, and it will include 2 dungeons (the first non-seasonal dungeon content since launch... EDIT: Forgot about Penthouse) and a revamp of their raids that will bring 3 raid bosses. The thing is, all 3 raid bosses are the same that people have been killing for years, so it's basically equivalent to T5 in AoC: they're just getting the same raid bosses with pretty much no new assets but a revamped difficulty.

Don't get me wrong, TSW is fantastic, but it has the same problem as AoC with very slow development... I think Bibik hit the mark though - the MMO market in general is in a bad spot. It isn't just FC, every MMO with only 2 real exceptions have it bad. I don't think any Western Dev will choose to invest much in MMOs considering all the failures of the last 10 years, and I think even if FC's financial situation was great and Lego was a big success, they probably wouldn't choose to invest much into AoC and TSW anyhow.

When you successfully complete a payment for AoC you get linked to the TSW account site ( with paysafecards at least) and that says a lot in my humble opinion
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Quote Originally Posted by Greyloins View Post
    The thing is, they aren't investing that much into TSW either. Patch updates there have been very slow and frequently delayed as well. Now in the next month TSW should finally get its' next big PvE content since launch, and it will include 2 dungeons (the first non-seasonal dungeon content since launch... EDIT: Forgot about Penthouse) and a revamp of their raids that will bring 3 raid bosses. The thing is, all 3 raid bosses are the same that people have been killing for years, so it's basically equivalent to T5 in AoC: they're just getting the same raid bosses with pretty much no new assets but a revamped difficulty.

Don't get me wrong, TSW is fantastic, but it has the same problem as AoC with very slow development... I think Bibik hit the mark though - the MMO market in general is in a bad spot. It isn't just FC, every MMO with only 2 real exceptions have it bad. I don't think any Western Dev will choose to invest much in MMOs considering all the failures of the last 10 years, and I think even if FC's financial situation was great and Lego was a big success, they probably wouldn't choose to invest much into AoC and TSW anyhow.
    Oh dont get me wrong Im not under the impression that the financial investment is anything more than paying the staff & keeping the lights on but what limited resources they do have appear to be directed towards TSW. Agreed its of a similar nature to AoC with reskins & reuse of existing content but the complete lack of any community push for AoC by Sezmra or Tomium indicates to me an internal decision. Im not in the boat that some people are of AoC supporting TSW financially etc, Funcom has gone past that point & whereas before when TSW fell at launch & the other titles supported the company during that period we are now at an "all hands on deck" scenario where every penny counts.

As for the MMO market at the moment I couldnt agree more, were in a saturated market with plenty of sub par choices available but at differing price points making any investment into an MMO an incredibly risky decision.
    All I want is some honesty, im sure theres some floating around the Funcom offices somewhere. I dont doubt people like Ciriths dedication to the game but his hands are tied so to speak & it must be galling being unable to truly say whats going on behind the scenes.

If AoC is going to sink I would like to know so I can spend the last months in Hyboria enjoying it or really pushing for its survival, rather than worrying about my time being invested into it & being led down a path is all =/

Pre Edit: I actually like TSW as well, another Funcom game that had/has potential.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast