Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Feedback on the World Boss

No. Just no. If you don't like the way WB is set up, go seek it in Epic Instances. Don't pee in someone else's Cheerios because you have an axe to grind.

I have now every class leveled to 80, and it was this morning I finally hit 80 with my Demo (grinded hard). As a returning player I havent read much about WB, nor seen it at all.
    As I was questing in White Sands I saw the WB being hammered by a decent sized group of players at Fallen Ones stairs.

For the first few seconds I was just staring at all the action, with a slight smile on my face.
    Then I joined in with my low level Demo. My DPS was horrible, but I found it enjoyable. Its a good addition to the game in my mind.

After the kill I was reading in Global as people prepared for the next WB, and chat was lively. I went on with my questing in White Sands after the first WB kill, and then ventured off to level as quick as I could.
    The event didnt distrub me, nor do I see how my "leeching" harmed anyone. I had 10-15 minutes of fun (joined as the boss was at 50% or so), and I got a feeling I will join in on this much more in the future.

And tbh its what Funcom needs to do; find mechanics to keep players coming back for more/logging in beyond AAA skillchange.
    (the automatic group join mechanic Ive mentioned in the Funcom Feedback thread is another).

All in all; a good addition to the game. Quick and easy access fun.

Yeah I agree with OP, and the rest of the good suggestions in this thread.

We all agree that we should pass laws that govern these bad players, that would segregate "bad" people from the more supreme people. Maybe even put them into a separate instances or camps.
    A place where they have to really work for their loot and privilege to play.

And what if they still don't behave? The final solution to this questions is to put them into chambers, and force them into taking a "time-out".

My feedback is that I am having a GREAT TIME on this World Boss!!! This Boss is FUN!!! Funcom was on the ball fixing the issues in the beginning and they even extended the event 2 days! Funcom has been showing some signs of life recently, and I like that.

To the OP, if after your 80th+ WB kill and you have not gone afk a few times and you are still going full balls-out on the boss the whole time every single fight giving it all you have 100% every time until your eyes bleed, I will give you a cookie.

BTW, I hope I get to see myself standing there afk during WB fights in the videos you said you were going to post! I'm the only level 80 toon that still has her slave shackles on, as far as I know.

-Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by kinlock View Post
    I'm the only level 80 toon that still has her slave shackles on, as far as I know.

-Enjoy!
    No you're not
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

Quote Originally Posted by bulk View Post
    Yeah I agree with OP, and the rest of the good suggestions in this thread.

We all agree that we should pass laws that govern these bad players, that would segregate "bad" people from the more supreme people. Maybe even put them into a separate instances or camps.
    A place where they have to really work for their loot and privilege to play.

And what if they still don't behave? The final solution to this questions is to put them into chambers, and force them into taking a "time-out".
    How do you suggest this will be managed tho? Automatic computer monitoring system that parses the input/dps/healing each player do or have "Game Masters" that will do it manually?
    The latter seems impractical.
    An automatic system seems dodgy too since it adds complexity and another layer of things that can (will break) and ruin the WB expirience completely (potentially for everybody).

At least they fixed the instance hogging sitting on ress pad getting loot issue.

TSW has an autokick function so if you are away from fighting more than 2 mins it kicks out out of the instance.

TSW also has a function that sends you back to the resurrection point after 2 minutes when you die.

Both functions are for "worldboss" like events there.

I would like to see these functions added to the world boss events here.

As for most of this feedback... lol.

You all want to punish people who are new to the game, new to a class, or who don't play their toons much by segregating them or denying them loot? Punish tanks for being in frenzy stance to dps better, or punish a healer for possibly forgetting to refresh a HoT? Why not punish the idiot mages, rangers, and sins, who grab aggro from the boss straight away before a tank can properly secure aggro, and then kite it like their randomly mashing buttons on their keyboard in the dark? Grow up. It's a GAME. Sh*t happens. If you don't like the instance your in, then switch- I do all the time when I don't feel like chasing after stupid dpsers kiting the boss all over because they grabbed aggro and I can't even get a combo in to generate enough hate to successfully irritate the boss.

I agree with the OP to an extent-- standing afk for 2+ should = no loot even if they hit the boss. I understand that things come up-- phone calls, r/l aggro, bathroom breaks... lag freezeups... but standing afk the entire fight is just sad.

Limiting who can do the worldboss is an incredibly idiotic idea though-- Because the bosses are spawning in leveling areas. People on Crom didnt like to be told to go quest in an alternative leveling area and it didnt fly with people then, so telling them to go quest elsewhere during worldboss week shouldn't be acceptable because its "loot pinata week".

Yes, I get sick of seeing low levels taking up a good portion of the player cap in instances that are fighting the worldboss, but if they're already IN the area questing, let them hit the boss and get some nice vanity or a t1 belt or whatnot, after all, we're in their leveling area, killing their quest/xp mobs. And yeah, I know this from experience because I'm leveling up a necro atm and every time I tried to get a quest done, I had some ******* 80 killing everything they saw because they could or because they were bored, or wanted to show their "dominance" or whatever their deals were.
    Last edited by Artemisia; 10th August 2014 at 20:56.

The people taking bibiks post as serious ideas, lol.
    Low levels can't get a quest update? Please cry more. Why don't we only give boxes to people with at least 1.5k dps then, they actually do something for it right? A fresh 80 doesn't deserve gear right?

What is your problem exactly? Can only do 5 worldbosses in an hour instead of 6?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfir View Post
    The people taking bibiks post as serious ideas, lol.
    Low levels can't get a quest update? Please cry more. Why don't we only give boxes to people with at least 1.5k dps then, they actually do something for it right? A fresh 80 doesn't deserve gear right?

What is your problem exactly? Can only do 5 worldbosses in an hour instead of 6?
    Brilliant logic! F*CK the new players by ruining their questing and make them quit so the game can shut down due to lack of new subs and lack of population increase like Vanguard Saga of Heroes did. Tell me MOAR!

Sounds like YOU got QQ Fever and are butthurt over something I said. Maybe you're the one mad that you can't farm 6 bosses in an hour?
    Last edited by Artemisia; 10th August 2014 at 22:22.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast