Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: world boss white sands.

It's great now on Fury
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    Also ask, if they have a feeling of achievement once boss is down or felt in any danger while fighting.
    I had a feeling of utter frustration and was exhausted to death after each kill under the prepatch conditions. So no thanks. Stop making WB something that's not - some kind of hardcore raiding experience with the sense of achievement...Join Lurker or T3.5 if u want that kind of entertainment.
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

Quote Originally Posted by Naerri View Post
    I had a feeling of utter frustration and was exhausted to death after each kill under the prepatch conditions. So no thanks. Stop making WB something that's not - some kind of hardcore raiding experience with the sense of achievement...Join Lurker or T3.5 if u want that kind of entertainment.
    Indeed. WB is a great example of educational gaming - because you can read a book while doing it

No point in making content which is supposed to be ultra-casual more difficult. There's plenty of not-so-casual content in AoC anyway.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Quote Originally Posted by Naerri View Post
    Read again what i wrote, because that was not what i was wanting. The point is: another wasted opportunity to find a middle ground between afk content and hardcore raiding (if i wanted that, i would actually sign up for raids as you said).

Also, if you want wb content as it is now, then scrap the 75m rule and stop attacking leechers and afkers (or crashing people). Because you can't seriously blame people for doing just that under the ruleset, if the main content is "waiting for boss" again and individuals don't really matter in the fight on crom. I'd rather have a bossfight taking 20 mins and a good chance for another boss 20 mins later then one boss fight taking 10 minutes and waiting for next boss 40 mins. Another working suggestion would have been to keep limit low (not as low as 24 sure), but increase spawn intervall again (around 45 mins now, could be fine with 30 mins too).

Of course, if you have such lottery loot lists, that aims at grinding and farming the boss, i can't really blame people wanting shorter fights too. It is just not the optimal design imo. Thus you might consider of giving something back to this crowd, once you decided to make the fights more actively, while still keeping it casual.

Just imagine boss health as it is now, a limit of people around 36 or less and a daily quest with a chooseable reward (vanity set, pet, tokens or food/potions) and the same lottery chest as now.

@Rathotis: One positive effect with prepatch boss was, that you had not so long wait times, because of opened instances. But the fight was too long. That's where the suggestions came from of not increasing pop cap too much (as now again, though still better than khopshef) and to lower health (which again, has been a good change, since it reduces the timesink under all rulesets and does not lower the challenge or fun factor, if done reasonable). What annoys me, is that you could have had a good mix of casualness and activity here (prepatch fight did not work so well, other bosses did not work so well on crom)...and i don't think funcom will adress it again and fix it. I don't want black or white content...i want some effort at finetuning, if you already had the extremes. Not some controlfreakish half thought through lobby rule as the 75m one when the resspad is 75+ m away and boss can oneshot.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 8th August 2014 at 12:18.

IMO, all world bosses should have an instance cap of 50. I actually enjoyed the world boss last night, finally able to run the game on full settings and not have my game turn into a slide show like the other world bosses due to having a million other toons in the instance.

So please keep a similar instance cap for future bosses and adjust boss hp accordingly.

The one change they still need to make for this particular world boss for next year is have it only spawn in Epic instances of White Sands. That will allow newbies not interested in the WB to do their normal questing w/o having vast swatches of quest mobs perpetually dead from passing 80's. They can still go see the WB by choosing to enter the epic instances.
    Dagget,
    President of Ayredian Nightfall

There are 40 slots now...I don't see any issues with new players doing white sands during a run. They might want to follow and get some neat gear and maybe they will sub.

Now when it was only 20 spots...

Quote Originally Posted by burmese View Post
    The one change they still need to make for this particular world boss for next year is have it only spawn in Epic instances of White Sands. That will allow newbies not interested in the WB to do their normal questing w/o having vast swatches of quest mobs perpetually dead from passing 80's. They can still go see the WB by choosing to enter the epic instances.
    I know that it might be difficult for the programming to separate Epic from Normal White Sands to make a WB appear in one and not the other, but I agree with Burmese here. I've watched a horde of 80s go across a White Sands instance like a lawnmower, leaving nothing behind for the lowbies (who were already there before someone yelled "prisoner sighting gamma") to complete their quests. It's not like the Picts, panthers, or alligators were going to aggro onto the players heading for the Black Ones' temple. The worst part was being told, when I spoke up about that, that "[we] should leave the instance to make room for more 80s". What kind of bulls**t attitude is that?

I like the changes to this WB as they are now. Better for the community in general. The only problem is the 75m rule causing problems for those who die or potentially crash and the boss gets moved away.

People being afk is really no different now than ever. Even with a population cap of ~20, there were still a few people afk in every instance. No matter the population cap, there will always be afk people.

I see a lot of people saying it would be much better to lower the population cap for all world bosses / increase the health back up to make for a longer - more strict fight, requiring more cooperation. They that kind of fight would be much more fun that what World Bosses currently are.

If they would much prefer that kind of fight, why not give it to them, while at the same time, letting those who enjoy the WB as it is now get to keep their option.
    Make every boss have 2 zones in which they can spawn. One zone with higher population cap (50-100), the other with a low population cap (24-36). That way we can truly see what is really important to all those who say current world bosses are boring due to being too easy.

Those who like this kind of strict fights can always fight the wb in epic or on fury. You rarely have more than a 24 ppl raid fighting there (usually less).

Reducing the health was a really good move and overall the 50 limit is better than the limits with other bosses, but not optimal yet.

I am not sure, if funcom is able to technically do your suggestion, though it would be nice for testing purposes at least.

I just hope the next bosses will not have the high pop cap and high health again...

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast