Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Funcom please merge Crom into Fury

When Cimmeria came out, there were 'unspoken' rules for pvp, where it was considered bad form to attack questing players with a group or while they were fighting mobs, or attacking lowbies. Players getting ganked could call out in global for help and other players would come chase off the 'offending' parties.

Then Tyranny merged in and attacking questing players or players at the npc became the norm. Or hiding on rocks to ambush players was considered good form. And if anyone asked for help, they usually got called "QQers" or such and were ridiculed.

I left about when Fury came in as I already was not doing minis, sieges were pretty much over and minis were just ress pad farming on either side (not much fun to have it happen to you and I didn't like it when my team did it to the other guys: I'd be sitting and fighting the totem and asking for help on it).

Crom let me do the khitai content as a solo player, do faction quests (which were designed for solo content, not requiring a group to do) and basically enjoying the game. Let me go to sixmans and raids and not be farmed on the way by bored groups.

If players who attacked another player engaged in mobs would be then attacked by the engaged mobs or miniboss, then it would have been a lot more 'realistic' to me. The being attacked doing solo quests is what broke the camels back for me and caused me to make brand new characters on Wiccana (didn't do transfers, just made new characters) right after Khitai came out.

Pvpers wanted a merge, they got the pvp servers merged, the population is dwindling...Crom is a lot more active...now some of the pvpers want a merge so they can come mess up Crom and drive more people off the game?

The big question is why is Fury dying? Are they trying to infect Crom with the same disease by merging?

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post
    The big question is why is Fury dying? Are they trying to infect Crom with the same disease by merging?
    The answer is what Funcom has done to the pvp playerbase (they have changed their attitude for the better but only recently, as in, this year...) by ignoring them and ruining everything good about AoC's pvp and catering purely to the pve playerbase.

FYI in other games pvp servers are doing just fine. Even on the goold old WoW pvp servers are more populated than pve ones (at least in Europe). But Blizzard has taken good care of their pvp playerbase (and their pve one too of course but eventually pvers beat all the content there is and stop playing waiting for the next content patch, not so with pvpers who can keep competing against each other IF the pvp systems are solid - and yes WoW has a solid pvp system even if I despise the gameplay myself).
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

I highly doubt they will move Crom playerbase to a Fury server ruleset, you people are worrying about nothing.

More likely would be to move Fury into Crom ruleset, but even I doubt Funcom will even do that.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    The answer is what Funcom has done to the pvp playerbase (they have changed their attitude for the better but only recently, as in, this year...) by ignoring them and ruining everything good about AoC's pvp and catering purely to the pve playerbase.
    This so much ^^. What do crom players not get about that? FC ignored pvp for 6 years so the pvpers quit. Think of if all they did in 6 years was put in 1 single 6 man... you think there would still be a PVE server? The fact is there are paying customers on both Fury and Rage that would like to play with a large population around the clock. (By the way, crom needs that too. During late US time minis pop in the same quantity on crom as they do on Fury).

What would be so bad about a merge into crom, keeping the PVE ruleset EXCEPT for the current daily pvp zone (Meaning only 1 single zone a day would be open PVP). Along with a separate global chat for PVP and PVE, this seems like the absolute best way to help everybody and hurt no one.

P.S. For the Crommlings that don't know, FC fixed it so that the gaurds don't work in the current daily PVP zones and they have actually been really fun with good battles almost everyday.
    Last edited by Usedtissue; 30th July 2014 at 16:34.
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    That's not a merge that's exactly cross-server tech
    This will never happen, people cant serious believe Funcom gonna do cross server to inc 6 people in Crom minis.

But all mmos suffer trough summer months its just so obvious on a deserted server like Fury.
    Kinaputten

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtissue View Post
    FC fixed it so that the gaurds don't work in the current daily PVP zones and they have actually been really fun with good battles almost everyday.
    border kingdoms have no guards, you can choose rez pad, and you cant ninja port out or hide entering an instance, your open world pvp instances have all the demeaning factors wich lessen overall pvp experience.

lowbies still go around trolling you and some people have perpetual lowbie alts.

its not just guards and fail criminal system, on crom's border kingdoms there are never any interactions of lowbies with lvl80s/full aa's chars.

among other factors is why i dont think there is any need for new pve/pvp tags for some instances, they did good job implementing the festival in bord4er kingdoms and that could be worked on and improved rather then waste time insisting on open pvp adventures zones wich tunels questers & lowbies with high end players.

when fury dies would be good move to make the pvp fest rotate between each border kingdoms not one week a month but rather permanent open world content for crom server swapping each week to diferent border kingdom.

but invariably fury players should pay the tranfers and accept the rule set wich crom has to offer, your still in denial that crom's border kingdoms festival experience is very positive and i would venture say superior to fury/rage due to mentioned system factors and lack of lowbie/endgame mixing wich is good on crom and ridiculous demeaning on fury.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Only Cimmerian end has bori: alternate the pvp festivals between potain and PLS border kingdoms and block sieges during the festivals. Then Crom could have them at the same time as Fury.

Or boot them all out of the zone for the rare times there are sieges in those two areas.

Quote Originally Posted by -tomhet- View Post
    border kingdoms have no guards, you can choose rez pad, and you cant ninja port out or hide entering an instance, your open world pvp instances have all the demeaning factors wich lessen overall pvp experience.

lowbies still go around trolling you and some people have perpetual lowbie alts.

its not just guards and fail criminal system, on crom's border kingdoms there are never any interactions of lowbies with lvl80s/full aa's chars.

among other factors is why i dont think there is any need for new pve/pvp tags for some instances, they did good job implementing the festival in bord4er kingdoms and that could be worked on and improved rather then waste time insisting on open pvp adventures zones wich tunels questers & lowbies with high end players.

when fury dies would be good move to make the pvp fest rotate between each border kingdoms not one week a month but rather permanent open world content for crom server swapping each week to diferent border kingdom.

but invariably fury players should pay the tranfers and accept the rule set wich crom has to offer, your still in denial that crom's border kingdoms festival experience is very positive and i would venture say superior to fury/rage due to mentioned system factors and lack of lowbie/endgame mixing wich is good on crom and ridiculous demeaning on fury.
    I have characters on both servers and played both events. I had fun at both but honestly I enjoyed fighting in iconic white sands much more. Also just a fyi, lowbies cant really troll the events. There is no murder points given during them so its a non-factor now
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Quote Originally Posted by Hopsing View Post
    I think you overestimate your clairvoyant skills as I doubt that people leave in your scenario in a sudden.

Funcom is now encouraged to do something as it is 5 minutes to 12. And Funcom did it well over the last 6 years to find a good solution.
    Actually it is only 5 for 12 for fury or even worse for rage. If you played at Crom, it is actually still fine there (regular raids, pug raids, new players (not alts!) on tortage, open pvp in the event zones, 80s minigames (argueable quality, but same goes for fury), more than 4 guilds dominating). So why should any sane company risk this, when players explicitely tell what will happen and given the success story of current open pvp system?

@usedtissue: i don't find the events so much fun, since they are aimed at a certain kind of players only. Before a certain threshold (after grind or bootlicking) they are a waste of time. Higher population relevates this (and with premades and friends they can be really fun), but they need motivation for participating. Imo you don't get this population by merging (how many merges did we have??), you offer a good quality game in return. This involves analyzing why certain hyped changes did not bring much influx and proper maintenance and systematic improvements.

The events give a nice infrastructure, but when it comes to participation they need much for tweaking (bounty is fine, kill 5 works too, package delivery is not pvp, package hunting is not working at all...and about the events i wrote in the appropiate thread).
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 30th July 2014 at 17:30.

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtissue View Post
    I have characters on both servers and played both events. I had fun at both but honestly I enjoyed fighting in iconic white sands much more. Also just a fyi, lowbies cant really troll the events. There is no murder points given during them so its a non-factor now
    i dont find it remotly exciting to mix low lvl's and lvl 80's in same place executing lowbies or mixed lobies/lvl 80's groups dont steam up any competitive or fun pvp with or without murder points.

wich again never happens on crom, no lowbies ever mix in pvp with endgame lvl80s.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast