Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Funcom please merge Crom into Fury

Quote Originally Posted by -Deukalion- View Post
    The best solition, i think, would be to merge fury and crom while leaving them play with their own rule sets. Only allowing them to interact/ group up in mini and instances, making it more easy to find a player for the group content.
    That's not a merge that's exactly cross-server tech
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Why bother with separate instances for pvp and pve? Why not do as many games have done and make it so players toggle pvp on or off?

If that, or choosing to enter a pvp version of a zone, could be implemented I'd have no problem merging all servers.

Until one of those options is added though, keep Crom pve only.

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtissue View Post
    lets work to make the whole of the game better
    why?
    fury players have systematicaly proven over the years to go out of their way to promote unconsensual pvp, glorify shrines of bori, and even go out of their way to collude so unchained minigames get dropped.

if anything fury players are anti pvp and whenever a new one comes to crom they infect global channel with full retard hate spam, after leeching gear in the guilds they join, they drop out to f2p where they perma stay bitching and trolling global with scornfull trash talking.

last but not least fury players colluded with funcom so crom doesnt have access to pvp daily quests.

so again simply no merge, you want to tranfer accept the rule set and the lack of pvp daily quests you furyans sought and imposed on crom, and pay to transfer to a proper server without the trash rule set fury has.

its already bad enough on crom global with fury transfers who perpetualy make global chat a cesspool of scornfull and pvp related badmouthing.

simply game needs separate global chats for players in minigames/border kingdoms and rest of population in pve instances, more given tendency for pvp'rs to stay idle on hub cities waiting on minigames people on hubs shouldnt be able to use "pve global" either.

my ideal crom is with pvp festival working every week in a diferent border kingdom, and with 1 added border kingdom being northern grasslands without npc's, with the pvp daily quests rotating on diferent bk on a weekly basis along with rest of pvp fest events.
    with utter removal of shamefull shrines of bori wich you furians perpetualy come praise on forums.

no need pvp instances, they already exist in border kingdoms and was surprised on aquilonian end to see some new towers added, hoping something more substancial happens centered on them as festival tweaks happen over time.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

No matter what you people saying, the merge will come as a matter of fact money is the ruleset. Not enough paying people will result in merging servers. If we want to get the best out of it we should discuss ALL TOGETHER which could be the best solution for ALL and be open minded for more than the existing rulesets.

Toggle on/of pvp might be a good idea as well as instances with pve and pvp ruleset that can be chosen when zoning (what would be imo the elegant solution)...
    We would have way larger population and minigames can go 24/7. Worlboss would be in both instances, pvp eventweek would be same as now. And WE ALL can chose in every minute what we want to do.

I would say: I am a genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopsing View Post
    Toggle on/of pvp might be a good idea as well as instances with pve and pvp ruleset that can be chosen when zoning
    i prefer the border kingdoms as they are rather then the fury pvp instances, im so satisfied about it and i dont think there is any need to waste time developing pvp instances at all.

border kingdoms are already perfect, just add a kithai border kingdom (northern grasslands) for a 4th bk and have festival permanent every day of the week switching every week to diferent bk.

i reckon during world boss week have a wb spawn in that week's active bk dropping asured purple box would be cool for those who want to kill wb in pvp enabled environment, but he should have 2 hours+ spawn/respawn rate to not overly disrupt pvp events happening at same time in that border kingdom.

Edit by Anzu: Still not a good idea.
    Last edited by Anzu; 30th July 2014 at 13:56.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

The most hypocrite thread in the history of aoc. I am just not surprised that it was started by hopsing.

Well first time i have to admit you are a genius. Only in being a total hypocrite, but still.... That one could become a classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatochi View Post
    The most hypocrite thread in the history of aoc. I am just not surprised that it was started by hopsing.

Well first time i have to admit you are a genius. Only in being a total hypocrite, but still.... That one could become a classic.
    Same old story with zatochi posts. Why dont you try to be constructive instead of trolling and injuring? maybe because you dont play aoc since a long time?
    trolls have to troll.

First off, I don't see a merge as being a 'given' for Funcom. Its probably not going to cost as much to have the two to three servers as it would cost if half or more of the Crom players left the game after a merge.

Even if its only 'five' percent of the pvpers on Fury causing grief, why should I play to have someone trash talking my corpse while I was heading to a raid or doing quests in open world? I play to relax, not to get stressed over some wannabe Atilla the Hun. From the actions of pvpers in global during minis, they are the kind of people I'd never invite over for tea and crumpets. So you want to dump a lot more into Crom's global and open world pvp?

IF Funcom could figure out a way to do default pve zones with an option for pvp zones then it might work. But any sort of change in Crom to a pvp mindset/open world pvp is going to drive off people more than we get from Fury and will just close the game earlier.

In my opinion, of course.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by -tomhet- View Post
    why?
    if anything fury players are anti pvp and whenever a new one comes to crom they infect global channel with full retard hate spam, after leeching gear in the guilds they join, they drop out to f2p where they perma stay bitching and trolling global with scornfull trash talking.

last but not least fury players colluded with funcom so crom doesnt have access to pvp daily quests.

so again simply no merge, you want to tranfer accept the rule set and the lack of pvp daily quests you furyans sought and imposed on crom, and pay to transfer to a proper server without the trash rule set fury has.

its already bad enough on crom global with fury transfers who perpetualy make global chat a cesspool of scornfull and pvp related badmouthing.
    +1
    /10 chars

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post
    First off, I don't see a merge as being a 'given' for Funcom. Its probably not going to cost as much to have the two to three servers as it would cost if half or more of the Crom players left the game after a merge.
    I think you overestimate your clairvoyant skills as I doubt that people leave in your scenario in a sudden.

Funcom is now encouraged to do something as it is 5 minutes to 12. And Funcom did it well over the last 6 years to find a good solution.