Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Funcom please merge Crom into Fury

Even if its just 5 percent of the pvpers 'ruining' the game for others...why should pvpers be forced to put up with ganking?

If the pvp server was so much fun then the pvers would be over there. The fact that fury is 'dying' is reason enough to not merge and ruin both servers.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post
    Even if its just 5 percent of the pvpers 'ruining' the game for others...why should pvpers be forced to put up with ganking?
    Because one persons sh***y actions should not mean taking away open world pvp (the best pvp there is).

Let me ask you guys this, if I may, Would you guys be okay with a single server that has only PVE zones EXCEPT for the current daily pvp zone (Meaning only 1 single zone a day would be open PVP)? Along with a separate global chat for PVP and PVE, would think not be a good compromise?

Id like to know an answer to this because it seems to fix everything for both sides with no negatives.
    Last edited by Usedtissue; 30th July 2014 at 04:28.
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Quote Originally Posted by Hopsing View Post
    Funcom please merge Crom into Fury
    No way. Funcom please kick all pvpers trom Crom to Fury.
    Every toon with pvp level >=1 should be transfered to Fury (or Rage, hehe)
    Last edited by Belch; 30th July 2014 at 04:22.

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtissue View Post
    Because one persons sh***y actions should not mean taking away open world pvp (the best pvp there is).

Let me ask you guys this, if I may, Would you guys be okay with a single server that has only PVE zones EXCEPT for the current daily pvp zone (Meaning only 1 single zone a day would be open PVP)? Along with a separate global chat for PVP and PVE, would think not be a good compromise?

Id like to know an answer to this because it seems to fix everything for both sides with no negatives.
    This.

/10char

No.
    Forcing people to pvp with current pvp community, engine and open world system will not work. People resisted the daily open pvp zones on crom for a reason. Again, only letting the players choose upon entrance will work or seperate servers with maybe temporarily transfers.

The best solition, i think, would be to merge fury and crom while leaving them play with their own rule sets. Only allowing them to interact/ group up in mini and instances, making it more easy to find a player for the group content.

Thumbs up

for merge Crom into Fury
    Last edited by Ruslan; 30th July 2014 at 06:34.
    ( server Two Eagles | guild Strong Will |class Conqueror | nickname Ruslan-safin )

I fell in love with this game for the amount of PvE content. I sub to do higher tier raids in peace without fear of getting ganked or rezpad camped while I'm loading screens or traveling.. or working on lower level toons. Merging Crom into Fury would mean we would have to follow Fury's open world pvp set. Considering that a majority of ppl who sub are probably more PvE centered, I could see many people canceling subs, not renewing them, and driving the population back down if they did a merge like that. I would personally move onto another game if that were to happen.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against a merge, but funcom doesn't have the resources to do a proper merge, with seperate pve and pvp instances for people to choose from when entering a zone, and given their "success" with the US into EU same-rule-set merges, a merge of that level would probably be a failure.

Cross tech server is nice, and works well on TSW, but that is another heavy resourced project to do, and probably wont happen anyway due to lack of resources.

Best thing imo would be to merge Rage into Fury, using Rages rulesets (no guards) but getting rid of the 1 toon limit, and then adding/tweaking some rules. They can change Rage's server name to something else and use that as a limbo server for cheaters from all three servers as well as toons that haven't been logged into for 365+ days (thats being generous imo). If/when a person comes back they could get a voucher on their toons claims for a free xfer and name change to the server of their choice that expires in 10 days.

That way, people who play Crom for PvE only can be happy, while PvPers can get what they want.
    Last edited by Artemisia; 30th July 2014 at 07:16.

merge or no merge , its 30 ppl still giving a sh13t about our beloved AOC .

So pls , 30 last "mohicans" dont stab eachother with your pixel knives.

Huge *QQ* to the ones who demand from other ppl to pay the insane amount of single char xsfer x10 or x13 or . Another man's pocket is none of your bussiness , so if u cant be polite , then be quiet and dont forget , it's the 30 of us/you left . Rest 29 are like you , and [most likely] you wouldnt want to screw you , would u? :'>
    Fury:
    Etheecx -Necrow R5
    Ebedokles -Priest of Agrigento [threw himself into the volcano!]
    Teargarden -Sin R8
    Teagarden -Ranger R7
    Tempgarden - DeaTea R8
    Teadealer -ToS R3

Crom:
    Ethicx -Demonologist R10
    Bedtime -Guardian R5
    SponsoredHox R3 delight

*Chaotic gooD*

Fury is in bad shape, but it's just because the vast majority of PvP'ers came to Crom at a point or another.

The reason they did it in the first place was because Fury was losing too many players too fast.

So from where i stand, it seems rather conclusive that PvP servers do not work.

And we can't even blame PvP content, classes, gear and such anymore, because all those issues have been addressed by Funcom this year.
    Yet, PvP servers remain empty and even keep losing players.

So maybe the PvP rulesets are bad, maybe most players don't want non consensual PvP, but i have a better hypothesis.

I think in the early days many players rushed in AoC like lemmings do, because when a new MMO appears, the horde of MMO addicts rushes it, it's just the way it is, even if the said MMO does not really suit them, they just do it because what they enjoy is not the game itself, but the feeling of playing with thousands of players.

Those lemmings though, rather sooner than later, give up on their fresh brand new MMO and jump to the next one, and the population remaining is made of the players that actually enjoy the game for what it is.

So when people say AoC at the start was successful because it was a PvP game, it is actually plain wrong and delusional. It has nothing to do with PvP but everything to do with the fact that AoC back in time was new and benefiting from the lemmings initial rush.

Thus, PvP in AoC has never ever been successful at all, not even remotely. And the constant trend making the PvP servers becoming emptier over the years shows that.

That wall of text is meant to the PvP'ers who still believe in the idea that PvP in AoC is the holy graal : stop it, if you want massive PvP, go to the newer MMOs, even if they're crappy, this is where you will find the masses of lemmings you're looking for.

As for merging Crom into Fury, what a moronic idea. The PvE ruleset in AoC has proven it's the only one working on the long term.
    I would also add that allowing PvP'ers to transfer to PvE servers was a big fat mistake over the years, it effectively killed several servers, simply because PvP'ers should remain on their servers where their retarded behavior only hurt themselves.
    Rage is a good example of that.

N.B. : i am aware some PvP'ers are decent normal persons.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast