Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: PUG mini games HAS TO GO.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcorp View Post
    Why do people keep saying premade is the solution when its already in the game and no one hardly uses it. The game is designed for pugs, it should stay. There are problems with the premade engine, but bad players can be accounted for with technology, easily.

Redo the balance so it happens 5 seconds before a mini happens.

Start minis every 15 minutes, regardless of the number of players signed up and balance teams to even numbers.

Balance teams based on PVP levels as well as arch types.

New mini maps, better rewards. Like a boss chest to the winning team. everyone rolls for the item.

You are not allowed to drop a mini, and if you are standing around and not playing, autokicked after 60 seconds if someone is in queue.

Instead of picking maps in pugs, the map is auto selected. So that all players are in the same map that are queued.

Just throwing out some suggestions here, please don't slaughter me.
    I'll slaughter you for having good ideas.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Start minis every 15 minutes, regardless of the number of players signed up and balance teams to even numbers.
    So you get 2vs1? wouldnt work.

You are not allowed to drop a mini, and if you are standing around and not playing, autokicked after 60 seconds if someone is in queue.
    People in hide are usual not afk, I goad enemy players to them and the monkeys start moving.

Instead of picking maps in pugs, the map is auto selected. So that all players are in the same map that are queued.
    They do this in swtor and its awful, I usual end up playing same boring map all day.
    Kinaputten

Quote Originally Posted by Mogsters View Post
    So you get 2vs1? wouldnt work.
    I didn't write the entire logic here, so you can be creative. Must be a minimum of 4 players.

People in hide are usual not afk, I goad enemy players to them and the monkeys start moving.
    Hide and move is fine, but put a time limit for how long you can hide. Perhaps 60 seconds at most.

They do this in swtor and its awful, I usual end up playing same boring map all day.
    The system will rotate maps, so only way that would happen is if you played once every hour on the hour, or so. Random mini map aspects aren't the best, and I agree.

Set it up such that you have to 'do' something to get the tokens and pvp points

Use a parser in the mini and count:

1. Heals done on other players
    2. Damage taken from other players (not on ress pad) (aka tanking)
    3. Damage done against other players

Have a minimum amount required (can be random) in order to get any pvp points or tokens for the minis

That would reduce sitting in hide, sitting on the ress pad, makes healing your teammates more attractive.

Allow two or three man groups to do minis. But soloes need to have access to minis too imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post
    Set it up such that you have to 'do' something to get the tokens and pvp points

Use a parser in the mini and count:

1. Heals done on other players
    2. Damage taken from other players (not on ress pad) (aka tanking)
    3. Damage done against other players

Have a minimum amount required (can be random) in order to get any pvp points or tokens for the minis

That would reduce sitting in hide, sitting on the ress pad, makes healing your teammates more attractive.

Allow two or three man groups to do minis. But soloes need to have access to minis too imo.
    I kind of think we are trying to solve for something Im not sure we all understand. Why does someone sit in hide? Or go AFK? Is it because they hope the team they are on will win and they get a free token? Or is it that they had to go take a **** really bad? I have no idea since neither really seem like the effort to turn on the computer and start the game, find a mini and leave. So wtf do they do it? if its for either reason, no one would care about the contribution part.

But on a side note, more stats would be great!

Why do people keep saying premade is the solution when its already in the game and no one hardly uses it. The game is designed for pugs, it should stay. There are problems with the premade engine, but bad players can be accounted for with technology, easily.

Redo the balance so it happens 5 seconds before a mini happens.

Balance teams based on PVP levels as well as arch types.

New mini maps, better rewards. Like a boss chest to the winning team. everyone rolls for the item.

Just throwing out some suggestions here, please don't slaughter me.

Yes please///

listen

at the end of the day, we all know this game is going down hill and it will shut down soon.

funcom. give back to your pvpers for a change and allow us to group in pvp mini games again before this happens for one last bit of fun.

whats the worst that can happen? pvers will leave minis/hide? THEY ALREADY DO MORE NOW THEN EVER BEFORE.

if mini;s had some sort of quality or actually reward, i might consider logging on again when its not pvp event week.

what anubiam and mrcorp suggested, remove afk'ers, promote doing well. now just figure out a reward for actually working as a team.

Well, with how it is right now there is every man for himself in mini games. You play only for your k/d + some friends, F the rest and if u want token or if u care about your stats you will try to win as well. Having this type of game play is toxic for the community. Honestly, I think it as was more fun when we could do premades, even vs pugs because it forced some sort of team play, right now its just broken. Yes this argument is used a lot: There will be better teams than others that will dominate pugs, ye ofc there will be, but f it... rather that than this, and when I played vs premades back in the day with a pug... the best feeling was when I beat them.

Quote Originally Posted by Chass- View Post
    Well, with how it is right now there is every man for himself in mini games. You play only for your k/d + some friends, F the rest and if u want token or if u care about your stats you will try to win as well. Having this type of game play is toxic for the community. Honestly, I think it as was more fun when we could do premades, even vs pugs because it forced some sort of team play, right now its just broken. Yes this argument is used a lot: There will be better teams than others that will dominate pugs, ye ofc there will be, but f it... rather that than this, and when I played vs premades back in the day with a pug... the best feeling was when I beat them.
    Used to enjoy logging on and getting angell from Ld saying mini group you want in . Otherdays I'd get steam rolled by the coe premade but sometime there would be great pugs going against the premades.

But back then it was always play for the win and play as a team. That's rare now.
    Blynd - Official AOC Slacker since April 2008
    Blindrana - Failing to heal since 2008
    Rybekka - failing to tank since forever

can be found in Auraxis killing smurfs and baboons.

Technology is might

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast