Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: PUG mini games HAS TO GO.

pug minigames killed teamplay and meaning to be in a guild for pvp.
    and same people over and over come praise pug minigames as if it is solo pvp content.
    this would end up locked but i guess main flamers all banned or on vacation.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Funcom have pvp wrong for years!

There pug mini system is utter trash NO big amount of pvpers will ever come to AOC

MMO PvP where team play is important and funcoms main stream pvp is a random 6 players vs random 6 players (+ js mini map that puts 12 randoms vs 12 randoms LOL)
    with next to ZERO rules for the 12 player random sign up

This is whats inside funcoms 12 player random pvp pool

-Low skill
    -High skill
    -Someone that plays map objectives
    -Someone that only chase kills
    -Team players
    -Non team players
    -Afkers
    -leavers
    -High gear
    -Low gear
    -high AAs
    -Low AAs
    -No AAs
    -New players
    -Veterans
    -The list goes on and

How can anyone mix that amount of randomness together in the SAME mini game and call it PvP

There is a team signup queue. If you want to play as a team, you should use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

Quote Originally Posted by ViolentLeonidas View Post
    Funcom have pvp wrong for years!

There pug mini system is utter trash NO big amount of pvpers will ever come to AOC

MMO PvP where team play is important and funcoms main stream pvp is a random 6 players vs random 6 players (+ js mini map that puts 12 randoms vs 12 randoms LOL)
    with next to ZERO rules for the 12 player random sign up

This is whats inside funcoms 12 player random pvp pool

-Low skill
    -High skill
    -Team players
    -Non team players
    -Afkers
    -leavers
    -High gear
    -Low gear
    -high AAs
    -Low AAs
    -No AAs
    -New players
    -Veterans
    -The list goes on and

How can anyone mix that amount of randomness together in the SAME mini game and call it PvP
    The same could be said about open world pvp, or white sands pvp. Unless you make the game like this: only players of the same ranking as you are visible to you in game, there is no solution really.

Its the strongest survive. Welcome to life. Lion eats the lamb. I jumped in a mini the other day on my pvp 10, and was grouped around 11 other players pvp 5 and lower. After the mini, I jumped on my lower pvp level toon. Much more fun. I made that decision. I don't need anyone to help with it or tell me how to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephturi View Post
    There is a team signup queue. If you want to play as a team, you should use it.
    Wrong. For random PvP there is open world PvP on PvP server and Border Kingdoms on PvE server (3 locations, its more than enough for PvP fans on PvE server). Minigames is group content so it means that sign-up should be possible solo or with friends at SAME queue. Tournament mode is a kind of cyber-sport for experienced teams of players who have serious training and practice of playing as team and have good cooperation in guild. Tournament mode should be a guild-based content when usual minigame mode should be able to play with friends or solo for your choise.
    Last edited by Jerohn; 24th July 2014 at 17:04.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcorp View Post
    The same could be said about open world pvp, or white sands pvp. Unless you make the game like this: only players of the same ranking as you are visible to you in game, there is no solution really.

Its the strongest survive. Welcome to life. Lion eats the lamb. I jumped in a mini the other day on my pvp 10, and was grouped around 11 other players pvp 5 and lower. After the mini, I jumped on my lower pvp level toon. Much more fun. I made that decision. I don't need anyone to help with it or tell me how to play.
    Oh please what are you talking about! Open world pvp has nothing to do with mini games! open world pvp is a numbers game has been for years

I are talking about a separate instance where 12 random players get ported into mini game that has next to ZERO rules FUNCOMS MAIN PVP CONTENT!! is it any wonder that new pvpers don't come/stay in AOC
    when the MAIN pvp content has such a wide random list ALL MIXED IN TOGETHER

-Low skill
    -High skill
    -Team players
    -Non team players
    -Afkers
    -leavers
    -High gear
    -Low gear
    -high AAs
    -Low AAs
    -No AAs
    -New players
    -Veterans
    -The list goes on and

To jump on a low lvl toon I would have to subscribe (veteran players get 4 toon slots all of mine taken) you think I am going to pay a sub for AOC pvp
    I am done with paying funcom! played since launch with over 4 years as sub

Oh please what are you talking about! Open world pvp has nothing to do with mini games! open world pvp is a numbers game has been for years

I are talking about a separate instance where 12 random players get ported into mini game that has next to ZERO rules FUNCOMS MAIN PVP CONTENT!! is it any wonder that new pvpers don't come/stay in AOC
    when the MAIN pvp content has such a wide random list ALL MIXED IN TOGETHER

-Low skill
    -High skill
    -Team players
    -Non team players
    -Afkers
    -leavers
    -High gear
    -Low gear
    -high AAs
    -Low AAs
    -No AAs
    -New players
    -Veterans
    -The list goes on and

To jump on a low lvl toon I would have to subscribe (veteran players get 4 toon slots all of mine taken) you think I am going to pay a sub for AOC pvp
    I am done with paying funcom! played since launch with over 4 years as sub
    Your post is really all over. You make a list of options, like its a bad thing. Everyone should be the same in your opinion. I think you need to think about your point a little more.

Pug minis is an option that has been played since they were made.

I also have been here since launch, and still am subscribed.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcorp View Post
    Your post is really all over. You make a list of options, like its a bad thing. Everyone should be the same in your opinion. I think you need to think about your point a little more.

Pug minis is an option that has been played since they were made.

I also have been here since launch, and still am subscribed.
    Do you like the current pug mini games mrcorp?

There is no way you can create a balanced game. Either your team will follow objectives and crush the other team, or you'll have to live with both sides having afk's, kd-chasers and new people.
    Boyscout bearshaman

Do you like the current pug mini games mrcorp?
    Please read through this thread before trying to troll. Specifically referring to page 2 and my post there. If you want to contribute, contribute and offer ideas. and by ideas, that doesn't mean remove pug minis so there are only premades. I mean offer ideas and not pick apart others.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast