Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [Poll] Are you happy about "energy 4 sprint?"

No, because i think it was cool to have stamina and health, that balanced the ammount of defence (kiting and running) With offensive spells, such as attacking. I also miss that most classes had stamina drains. Also, yellow bar, please go **** yourself! :P
    Boyscout bearshaman

Funny how many people are saying no when everyone bitched about stamina being drained via sprinting and how the majority of people viewed the sprint revamp positively when it was released. By both the PvE and PvP people mind you.

ITT: Do casters thinks melee should go back to white-hitting when they finally catch up to a caster.
    I don't make points I make dents.

Quote Originally Posted by Unutterable View Post
    ITT: Do casters thinks melee should go back to white-hitting when they finally catch up to a caster.
    Yes, the balance of melee/casters has serious changed after sprint revamp. Kite give not that result as before. Many of players do not understand this and living in the past.
    Kattas - 10.PvP, full T6 and full AA demo

No, it was a bad move. Should have kept stam, but changed it.

I always thought that the sprint revamp was an odd fix to the ‘kiting ranged-DPS’ problems. Now, stamina is useless, stam taps are useless, on feats and weapons, stam drains are useless and the associated out-of-stamina lock-down non-existent, and rogue stamina feats are useless. Rogues were originally designed to use and regen stamina as an archetype strength, but this is now no longer the case. Now they are vanilla DPS. Change dumbed down game, but did address the kiting problem.

I suggested before revamp that mages’ spells be made to cost stamina, since they already had the stamina resource, which could then be tweaked to balance DPS against their ability to run away. They don’t have stamina as a resource any longer.

But this is a moot point. The “energy” one-size-fits-no-one fix is not going to be changed as it is working as intended, even if there were easier ways to fix stamina related problems. FC will not change this, so we are wasting our time (and my boss’ time).
    In balance with this life, this death
    -- Hand of Ibis RiP
    Magic is seeing what happens when you hit someone really hard, and when they disappear in a red spray, that's magic.
    -- Jansensen, Gunderman fighter {max taps - RiP}
    CQB Ranger

How funny it is, back at the revamp they increased stamina combo cost to match the new sprint system and melees QQ'd a lot so they kept the old stamina cost with new sprint system.
    And now, you complain that the new system makes stamina useless ?

The community is really really stupid.

Also, if they made a new system, it's because old was broken as fvck with tons of poors fixs so adding another batch of poor fixs on a broken system was really not good idea (like stamina pots not usable for casters). It was just better sense to scrap the old system and create a new one, even tho it's not perfect, it's still better than the old one (was really fun having only 3 sec of sprint with my ToS in PvP while melees had staminas pots, charge, stagger, stamina AA and better pool for it)... very balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony82 View Post
    Are you happy about "energy 4 sprint?"
    [yes] [nope]
    why ?

Just for fun, i want to launch a Poll about "sprint" in this game. What ppl think? Was better the old one (stamina based) or the actual one (energy based)?
    For PVE or PVP?
    For pvp the old system was a joke for melee classes
    I remember when rage server start lowbie pvp was LOL (and lvl80 not much better)!!
    running after/up to target only to do white hits because had stamina

OFC the new system is better

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    ... now, you complain that the new system makes stamina useless ?
    The community is really really stupid.
    ... old was broken ... only 3 sec of sprint with my ToS in PvP while melees had staminas pots, charge, stagger, stamina AA and better pool for it)... very balanced.
    Ah, yes. No stam pots for mages. Now what could we do to fix that…? (gasp) Give… them… back… stam… pots…?
    No stam pots for mages was a poor fix to prevent age of kiting mages.
    How to combine two? Stam costs for mage spells plus give them stam pots? Gives choice between DPS and kiting. Hmmm….? Would have met mage demands to be able to sprint longer (with stam pots) and melee demands that mages not sprint forever (with stam costs for DPS) while keeping stam feats, weapons and pots useful and making stam management an interesting part of game. Very balanced….
    I agree with you that poor fixes tend to fix nothing, but your post does seem really, really stupid. Thanks for playing.
    But, again, all these discussions are useless. New system satisfies no one, but at least not as bad as previous broken one. Live with it. FC will not change it. So all of us posting here are really, really stupid. Two cents given. Over and out.
    In balance with this life, this death
    -- Hand of Ibis RiP
    Magic is seeing what happens when you hit someone really hard, and when they disappear in a red spray, that's magic.
    -- Jansensen, Gunderman fighter {max taps - RiP}
    CQB Ranger

yes it was a good change leave it alone
    Live Twitch Stream - Fury PvP - US East Coast Prime Time - Rated MA

Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneScientius View Post
    Ah, yes. No stam pots for mages. Now what could we do to fix that…? (gasp) Give… them… back… stam… pots…?
    Melees did not want to give back stamina pots for mages. As usual, everyone had and still have an opinion on the issue, but every opinion was different on it, its source, and its potential fix.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast