Page 32 of 40 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestion Thread V.2

Please note that this post is a living document.

[Game Launcher]

I suggest that the Game Launcher be updated. Outdated data is shown under the "Info" tab.

1.) Community redirects to the main AoC website; is this correct?
    2.) Forums (EU) and Forums (US) redirect to identical locations.

[User Interface]

I suggest that the User Interface be dramatically simplified in many aspects, and moved over to a more suitable technology, such as Lua. Right now, the UI is quite clunky; responsiveness and performance suffer.

Detailed changes:

- Re-implement the UI with a more suitable technology; Lua, for example.
    - Instant tooltip message pop-up when mouse-over an entity.
    - Reduce the amount of template (description) messages; only display necessary information.
    - Add to the minimap what zone you're in, instead of sending a message to the chat box.
    - Upon log in, don't send the Login Reward window if you've already claimed the reward for that day.

- Add more action-specific audio, for example:
    1.) A sound when purchasing/selling an item.
    2.) A sound when opening/closing a menu with a NPC.
    3.) A sound when targeting/untargeting a target.
    4.) A sound when joining/leaving a group.

[Game Engine - Collision]

- It is common to get stuck or 'stickied' on edges and objects. Part of the problem may be related to object height and what angle you collide at.

[World Environment]

I suggest that changes be made so that zoning is limited to certain aspects of the game. An open-world approach to design would better fit this concept.

- Add a unique sound when running on rock-like textures.

This game is worth investing into. It has tremendous potential. Thank you.
    Last edited by Athkore; 21st November 2016 at 20:20.

Tired of trying to explain tactics and do things right, to have people leeching the Raid Finder (dieing on purpose, staying at the main-door) or force a wipe to get the buff and do it 'easy-mode'.

Can Funcom clear these kind of players Atlantean Shards, cut them in half or add a penalty buff to not receive any sort of rewards for weeks or not be allowed to queue for the Raid Finder?

Thank you.
    Last edited by KephaPT; 16th November 2016 at 16:17.
    .. Steady! We have not fled, we are not beaten, and even should they throw us in chains, we are there, and shall remain! And victory will be ours.. And whether we are alive or not when that goal is reached, our programme will be alive; it will reign in the world of a barbarian mankind. Yes, in spite of everything.

Server Merge: Kepha, now Kephaofcrom (still waiting for that Kepha "unknown character", "character doesn't exist" to log in).

Lately on Slithering Chaos runs I am seeing players claiming "game issues" (eh.. Raid Finder slawhere they just stand in the beginning of the instance and contribute nothing. They kindly refuse to leave the group for which a kick is given. Sadly these kicks don't boot the player from the instance and they can roam free and disturb the group, while at the same time the instance gets bugged if we invite another player.

If Funcom refers to my post on "Slithering Chaos feedback/known issues" thread where I joined a group but whenever I entered the instance I would be in one of my own instance, the written above should be the cause.

I think it is nice to be able to join an instance without being in a group, even because sometimes we just want to do Achievements on lower instances where one alone is fine, do some videos, etc, so maybe add a feature where,
    - when someone kicks a player from the group, that player will be booted from the instance
    - if they are already bound and want to use the same instance, they would have to wait the occupants still in the instance to leave
    .. Steady! We have not fled, we are not beaten, and even should they throw us in chains, we are there, and shall remain! And victory will be ours.. And whether we are alive or not when that goal is reached, our programme will be alive; it will reign in the world of a barbarian mankind. Yes, in spite of everything.

Server Merge: Kepha, now Kephaofcrom (still waiting for that Kepha "unknown character", "character doesn't exist" to log in).

Please make the ELDRITCH gem immune from deletion. Since there is nothing to replace it at this time, there should be no reason to remove it unless a mistake is made deleting one of the other gems. I would assume a gm could replace?

[Interface] Add more skill slots to bottombars , we need them!!!
    Albert Einstein once said : “I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots.”

[PvE] Add weapons vendor for T6.
    [PvE] Remove the minus healing modifier on the T6 rune.

Default T!,2,3 weapons

Allow pom and tos to buy t1 t2 t3 necro dagger and demo tali from their respective vendors. There is no reason to lock us from those weapons since they are better than most of the ones for our class.

Default Mounts

I bought conan exiles, with it I got the savage rhino mount. It was colored yellow, so I thought it was a legendary mount. Upon using it in-game, I am constantly being staggered on it, which did not happen to me on the prime platinum plate ice bear mount (purple), and I find it inferior. So I had to change back. I suggest the savage rhino mount have at least equal stats as the prime platinum plate ice bear mount, so this new mount would be more useable.

SAVAGE RHINO MOUNT (YELLOW):
    +1900 HEALTH
    - 40 CHANCE OF BEING STAGGERED

PRIME PLATINUM PLATE ICE BEAR (PURPLE):
    +1000 HEALTH
    - 100 CHANCE OF BEING STAGGERED
    +100 % RESISTANCE TO STUN
    +100 % RESISTANCE TO ROOT
    +100 % RESISTANCE TO KNOCKBACK

[PvE/Interface] **** Please add numbers of signed players to Raidfindermenue like we have on minigame.

Reason: On Fury only on saturdays we can do one single raidfinder...(on crom its everyday all times 2 RFs running same time.)
    It would be so nice to see how many ppl are signed up to RF on Fury and dont wait some hours signed till it pops or maybe not.
    That would make it much more comfortable to see how many Players and maybe what is signed like " 5 of 6 Soldier/ 2 of 6 heal /12 of 12 dps signed" PLEASE ADD THIS! :*
    Otherwise hoping RF pop or not after hours brings much dissappointment with it.

[Guild] lower the cost of T3 city-build pls...! (because farming 126800 oak 255200 Basalt 20100 Gold 86400 Duskmetal shouldnt be the mainstory of our lifes in small guilds)

[Guild/Misc] increase mats harvest in resources like sandstone from 100%=10stacks to 100%=20/50stacks

[Interface] Why there is no option on trader to search for legendary items other players selling??? Add it! It blames you Funcom workers that you add legendary items to sell but no searchoption for legendary items! Only doing the half job doesnt make sense.

[Interface] Why the game doesnt save changed Settings? Remove this bug or add a helpthread for this issue.

[PvE] (Add function to / or) disable the endscene in amphitheatre of karutonia when you kill the last boss. many times it bugs and you freeze in it and need to ALT+F4.

Quote Originally Posted by Timaras View Post

[PvE/Interface] [Guild] lower the cost of T3 city-build pls...! (because farming 126800 oak 255200 Basalt 20100 Gold 86400 Duskmetal shouldnt be the mainstory of our lifes in small guilds)
    This has been requested many times since launch; I'll be surprised if Funcom changes it although it would be consistent with their desire to give new players a chance to catch up to established players by making it so a new group/guild could start a new city and have a chance to finish it in under a year.

(For now, just be glad that gold is easy to earn and that many still sell Oak, Basalt or Duskmetal on the trader. And be very glad you're not one of the many who are building/have built a full T3 city solo.)

Quote Originally Posted by Timaras View Post

[Guild/Misc] increase mats harvest in resources like sandstone from 100%=10stacks to 100%=20/50stacks
    Another item that's been requested many times. It would be a nice thing if completing t2 and t3 gathering quests would give a chance to get an extra resource from each tap of a t1 or t2 node. Unlikely if Funcom will make it so you get 50 sandstone, but a chance of getting 15-20 sandstone from one full node would be welcome.

Funcom could do a lot to increase interest in crafting (and the game) simply by making it less of a drudge: 1) limit the number or frequency of spawning jealous prospector types (I once had 12 jealous prospectors/mini-bosses spawn from one silver node - and this was in PLS, not the world, so it was single spawns each time, not three sets of 4 minions; 2) add resources and rare resources in the loot tables of every jealous prospector type - including the ones at 80 where all you might get now is gnarled leather or ironsilk; 3) add some more blue armor and weapon recipe world drops; 4) add some purple armor and weapon world recipe drops (doubt it will happen but no harm asking); 5) add social armor recipe drops. Do any/all of these and a good number of players would find a reason to do a little more harvesting.

None of the above requires the completion of the long-awaited "Crafting Revamp." It only requires adding some additional recipes, adjusting loot tables and adding a counter or timer to the jealous prospector spawn per node.