Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tos Population

Default Tos Population

I was just wondering where all the main tos's are. We only have two main TOS in guild, We have tons of alt tos players, but mains are rare. Is this issue with the class or just isolated to our guild?

http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps299c367c.jpg

tos is kinda gimp man,

pom is a way better healer/dps and bear is a better support/tanky healer.

tos is good in a good team, but the worst class to be on in a bad team, and considering pug minis are... yea.. tos is not the best option.

Yep, its not in particular good compared to the other two classes. Works good in PvE AoE fights where you can hug, and also as Commanding Death killer at Entity. Thats about it... :P

Quote Originally Posted by sugarspice View Post
    I was just wondering where all the main tos's are. We only have two main TOS in guild, We have tons of alt tos players, but mains are rare. Is this issue with the class or just isolated to our guild?
    Honestly I love playing the ToS, however the agro issues it has at this time detours me from playing it. It is still probably my favorite class to play but I cannot play it at 100% effort and survive like I can with Demo. It has poor agro management and practically relies on a bubble to survive. It all comes down to being able to play ( pve) without having to hold back, and unfortunately I always have to hold back when playing my ToS.

on pve raiding side there is nothing(!) that buffs the whole raid as much as a properly specced tos. key to this is the idol of set which debuffs the boss with the 'resonance'-trigger. everyone triggering this will procc additional lightning dmaage and will receive several buffs like +~80 magic damage etc. the damage procc alone will provide 2000++ (far more if you have a huge amount of melee-pet necros) dps over the whole raid. add the other buffs like stormcrown, combat rating boosts, manaleech etc and your single tos provides 4.5k+ raiddps -> no dpsers achieves this on normal mititagtion fights. it wont be that obvious in the dps-meters but who cares?
    having probs with aggro? well, did you ever consider buffing your DT with force of lightning? 3000 armor penetration and 1000 spell penetration for 10 seconds every 60 seconds for your primary target and the half of that for the targets (tanks?) standing around it should do the work.
    unfortunately noone focusses on these aspects as everyone is too concerned with getting that extra +2% critpower for spell XY; or think they are superman when they pull aggro of the golems when they wait for them with prepared SF and Aura instead of playing with brain.

concerning heals: even though sleuth of bears or shimmering invocation will outheal an idol of dark rejuv in the long run you have to evaluate these spells differently, they serve different purposes -> idol is unbeatable when it comes to recurring burst heals, if you play your tos with a dedicated eye for 'bursty' situations you can quite turn the outcome of a fight (safe a dpsers arse who just pulled aggro, keep those alive who dont get that strom wipes aggro when he goes into offstance etc)

oh and nothing beats fangs of set vs melee bosses -> give your whole team a bubble from the bosses hits for 6 seconds every minute

btw bodgeball: firing off coils 5 seconds after the fight starts does not maximize your potential damage output (cause you wont be buffed to the maximum yet) but maximizes your aggro.. i bet its just the usual blatherskites behaviour playing imprudently
    Last edited by potlatch; 3rd July 2014 at 09:29.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarspice View Post
    Tos is not enough OP,that's why

Tos still my main and still fav class. I am the only true main Tos in my guild which is sad.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

This is surprising. I always assumed ToS was the most popular healer because of the initial low difficulty of the class. It was my first class in the game accidentally as I meant to play as a Demo. When I hit level 10 or so and realized I was using electricity instead of fire, I just stuck with it after thinking, "LOL healer" for a bit. I'm glad I did, because it was a really fun first class to level. Are more people legit playing PoMs instead?

Like Potlatch is saying, the class offers a lot, one of the strongest if you take a real look at what it _can_ provide.

Problem is in the long run the class gets somewhat boring, the gameplay. Most players will find more excitement in other classes I guess.

When Im on my tos I feel like Im on vacation. Everything is a breeze, lol. But you can't be on vacation forever.

I heard ToS is good in lowbie mini games.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast