Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad experience buying subscription

Default Bad experience buying subscription

Ok I download the game and want to create my character. Since I am always a mage I cannot make a mage due to not being subscribed.

OK I pay the money for the premium subscription.

Now I can chose a mage but the only type of char class is t Khytan or a Stygian. Since one of them is a black lady I want the other type since that one looks more like me.

Now I am told I do not have the expansion or whatever.

I look everywhere for any expansion to purchase but find none. Then I read on the forum that I should buy the Rise of the Godslayer.

OK, I first have to exchange my money to play money. I do that but the ONLY CHOICE for paying for ingame money is if I give Funcome the power to draw out of my account whatever amount at any time.

Now what is that???????????
    A person has to be a full idot to give them that power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    So looks like I cannot play this game now because I don't want to sign my life away to Funcom.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishoek View Post
    Ok I download the game and want to create my character. Since I am always a mage I cannot make a mage due to not being subscribed.

OK I pay the money for the premium subscription.

Now I can chose a mage but the only type of char class is t Khytan or a Stygian. Since one of them is a black lady I want the other type since that one looks more like me.

Now I am told I do not have the expansion or whatever.

I look everywhere for any expansion to purchase but find none. Then I read on the forum that I should buy the Rise of the Godslayer.

OK, I first have to exchange my money to play money. I do that but the ONLY CHOICE for paying for ingame money is if I give Funcome the power to draw out of my account whatever amount at any time.

So looks like I cannot play this game now because I don't want to sign my life away to Funcom.
    umm........ where do i start..

when the game launched there was no such thing as Khaiti characters, they came with the xpac.

so, if you want it, buy it. Otherwise use the stig one like everyone else did.

game= the base game that was launched
    xpac= the expansion content

anyway, about your payment.
    You do not have to do what you said.. Pay with paypal/credit card or however you like, they will never take more then what you tell them to take.

If you are that scared of it then just delete your payment options after you pay for the xpac
    Last edited by GeldourConq; 16th June 2014 at 10:42.

Ok, dude, Im sorry youve had a bad expereince, but this particular part is not funcoms fault, the information you seek is there, if you look at webpage and other official places, and the payment option you have completely missunderstood.

Also you are aware, that there are a huge amount of options to change for your character right? skin tone, hari color eye color. facial structure. just because you are limited to a race, doesnt really limit the look of your character,
    and the race itself. has almost zero impact on the game itself.

Besides stygians are rather cool. my advice to you. Is do your homework yourself. dont ask other people for advice one what to get and why. what you spend your money on is your responsibility.

That being said. the game really is good, and id say its definatly worth buying and subscribing if you are going to spend time playing it, and to get the most out of it.

Also you really should get all of the currently released content.
    that includes buying AoC, the Khitai expansion, and Turan. gives you the most out of the game.

if you now have both, just go enjoy the actual game. theres much more to it than whatever race you choose for your first characters. and the classes themselves are very varied and fun to play and learn their differences.

I must agree with Melekaiah, there are a lot of customizations for your character, but not all races and classes are open for a free to play account. I would strongly recommend to get a six month subscription so you can get the full experience from the game and not just the F2P experience. In the long run, all the hours you are going to spend on this game, makes the cost per hour much lower than for example a random FPS game that you'd play 40-50 hours tops and put it away.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishoek View Post
    I do that but the ONLY CHOICE for paying for ingame money is if I give Funcome the power to draw out of my account whatever amount at any time.

Blashphemy!!!
    Grow up dude, its 2014, Skynet didnt destroy the humanity so I would guess you can give Funcom you credit card info and still be safe :P
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

Sincerely doubt it. I hope funcom adds more serious payment options in the future again, like codecards you can physically buy in store and exchange for funcom points at the account page.

Tbh i'm confused,so i will only tell you that the best payment there is....is paysafecard,the most safe way to pay i know and use for years now over all online stuff.(i mean,if available ofc)

Warning: Once you sub and play aoc...you will be bound forever in this world of addictedness,you've been warned ^^

PS:You can't "reset" once bound to the game,cause there was never a CD. If you know what i mean hein hhihih ^^
    Last edited by Tiberivs; 16th June 2014 at 14:02.

Quote Originally Posted by Naerri View Post
    Blashphemy!!!
    Grow up dude, its 2014, Skynet didnt destroy the humanity so I would guess you can give Funcom you credit card info and still be safe :P
    Lol at Skynet reference!

People complain over khitans has to be unlocked.. Almost every MMO has these types of race unlocks, wow for example.

Not much speaks against unlocks, as long as they are communicated properly, worth the price and permanent. It is also bad, if they are mandatory to progress in the regular game. What annoyed people about Khitai was the communication and non-permanency of access.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast