Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ritual of the Lich Question.

So I can't remember exactly how shatter works...from what I understand it will "shatter" Deadly Blizzard, Touch of Winter, Ice Shackle and Frost Blast effects...causing damage to the those affected and to those around them.
    Now if I understand correctly, if you stack those effects, you can Shatter all 4 causing 4 instances of damage to everyone affected in that AoE.
    So Shatter is actually more situational then ineffective. Correct me if I am wrong.
    Last edited by Akard; 14th June 2014 at 15:03.

Quote Originally Posted by Akard View Post
    So I can't remember exactly how shatter works...from what I understand it will "shatter" Deadly Blizzard, Touch of Winter, Ice Shackle and Frost Blast effects...causing damage to the those affected and to those around them.
    Now if I understand correctly, if you stack those effects, you can Shatter all 4 causing 4 instances of damage to everyone affected in that AoE.
    So Shatter is actually more situational then ineffective. Correct me if I am wrong.
    choice n1:
    feat shatter and find out by yourself how much you failed by wasting all those feats to get it.

choice n2:
    buy kithai so you can get aa's and develop you toon and explore all the new stuff game has.
    http://joharaoc.eu/feat?link=v5_1296...4ba61443915182
    pvp "tankish" spec.

dot everyone individualy with motd+ftw, place pestilencial blast let it linger because it does nice damage then detonate it with chill if victm is close do blasphemous ruin as well+ instant icestrike, the more people you dot the more likely that every 12 secs you have reliably instant icestrike.
    only sw after activating gangrenous stench so you dont die strait away from a coward in hide.

dont finish your fear, just move to cancel its cast if you notice they ran out on you, then recast imidiatly after canceling because most guys will act by instinc they will run out and on auto pilot run back in to you.

adjacent to that your survival in pvp is massively afect by what you cant see by default.
    http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=181039
    namely point 6 on that guide you need it, particularly to be able to have a fighting chance vs assassins wich still have perma immunity from lotus overload.

along side that if you dont want to use a custumized ui you still want this:
    http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=180608

and expect to keep failing in every aspect of game untill you start to key bind your spells/combos.

i cannot stress out how much game changed with aa's wich you can only access with kithai expansion.

choice n3.

delete game go have fun at the beach.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Never feat shatter. Only reason in the past to have shatter was for Kylikki raid, and now you can just put 1 pt in the AA feat that kills 3 minions (forgot the name, and use that instead if you are ever on minion duty in that fight.

Quote Originally Posted by -tomhet- View Post
    choice n1:
    feat shatter and find out by yourself how much you failed by wasting all those feats to get it.

choice n2:
    buy kithai so you can get aa's and develop you toon and explore all the new stuff game has.
    http://joharaoc.eu/feat?link=v5_1296...4ba61443915182
    pvp "tankish" spec.

dot everyone individualy with motd+ftw, place pestilencial blast let it linger because it does nice damage then detonate it with chill if victm is close do blasphemous ruin as well+ instant icestrike, the more people you dot the more likely that every 12 secs you have reliably instant icestrike.
    only sw after activating gangrenous stench so you dont die strait away from a coward in hide.

dont finish your fear, just move to cancel its cast if you notice they ran out on you, then recast imidiatly after canceling because most guys will act by instinc they will run out and on auto pilot run back in to you.

adjacent to that your survival in pvp is massively afect by what you cant see by default.
    http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=181039
    namely point 6 on that guide you need it, particularly to be able to have a fighting chance vs assassins wich still have perma immunity from lotus overload.

along side that if you dont want to use a custumized ui you still want this:
    http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=180608

and expect to keep failing in every aspect of game untill you start to key bind your spells/combos.

i cannot stress out how much game changed with aa's wich you can only access with kithai expansion.

choice n3.

delete game go have fun at the beach.
    Hmm thanks for the info. Might modify your Feat a little as I need to be able to PvE as well but this helps.

Is Cannibalism just because or do you find it helpful and useful? Also why don't you have Plague Swarm or Unholy Hands?

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    Never feat shatter. Only reason in the past to have shatter was for Kylikki raid, and now you can just put 1 pt in the AA feat that kills 3 minions (forgot the name, and use that instead if you are ever on minion duty in that fight.
    I suppose PvP isn't on a large scale enough anymore for Shatter to be useful then eh?
    Last edited by Akard; 14th June 2014 at 16:50.

Hmm thanks for the info. Might modify your Feat a little as I need to be able to PvE as well but this helps.
    again game changed you can have up to 5 feat builds saved up and swapable anywhere, if your subd you get 1 for extra for free just by talking to feat trainer npc, the other 3 its on item shop and they are quite affordable.

that feat build i showed u works fine in solo pve and t1-t2, but this one is by far more fun for pve.
    http://joharaoc.eu/feat?link=v5_1296...5182146f814c08

and again ice strike with aa feat chilling breath+field of war+ new pvp gear + good weapons t4 or pvp t3+crit+magic damage potion; your icestrike is extremely hurtfull when you get chance to sw and get death god.

equaly in that pve build when in sw+ritual+tome erlic your icestrike can hit extremely hard in pve.

canibalism is a must.
    plague swarm is shiit and redundant.
    unholy hands works as long as no one does any melee hits else it breaks strait away, i dont ever use it because im hardly ever alone and always have up frozen hatred+2-3 skull pets so every time i used it it broke striat away from a white melee hit.

hint:
    get parasite host buff and cast deathly blizzard, even if your not hitting anything you can get 3 parasite skulls that way even when out of combat not hitting anything.
    purpose is to abuse that mechanic so you can enter combat with 5-6 skulls to aid you, i find that particularly usefull to fight dt given all the small melee hits the skulls do help drain the crap out of dt's mana shield, given i use that mechanics i dont find the least bit usefull unholy hands because im never alone always have some pets to aid me even while using 8 stacks dts.
    Last edited by -tomhet-; 14th June 2014 at 17:43.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by -tomhet- View Post
    again game changed you can have up to 5 feat builds saved up and swapable anywhere, if your subd you get 1 for extra for free just by talking to feat trainer npc, the other 3 its on item shop and they are quite affordable.

that feat build i showed u works fine in solo pve and t1-t2, but this one is by far more fun for pve.
    http://joharaoc.eu/feat?link=v5_1296...5182146f814c08

and again ice strike with aa feat chilling breath+field of war+ new pvp gear + good weapons t4 or pvp t3+crit+magic damage potion; your icestrike is extremely hurtfull when you get chance to sw and get death god.

equaly in that pve build when in sw+ritual+tome erlic your icestrike can hit extremely hard in pve.

canibalism is a must.
    plague swarm is shiit and redundant.
    unholy hands works as long as no one does any melee hits else it breaks strait away, i dont ever use it because im hardly ever alone and always have up frozen hatred+2-3 skull pets so every time i used it it broke striat away from a white melee hit.

hint:
    get parasite host buff and cast deathly blizzard, even if your not hitting anything you can get 3 parasite skulls that way even when out of combat not hitting anything.
    purpose is to abuse that mechanic so you can enter combat with 5-6 skulls to aid you, i find that particularly usefull to fight dt given all the small melee hits the skulls do help drain the crap out of dt's mana shield, given i use that mechanics i dont find the least bit usefull unholy hands because im never alone always have some pets to aid me even while using 8 stacks dts.
    Cool. Thanks for the info...I didn't see any extra tabs for other feat specs but I did notice the tab was named Feat Tab Number 1 or or something like that. Ill have to check it out later when i can jump in. I assume its pretty self explanatory on how to build multiple feat tabs.
    Last edited by Akard; 14th June 2014 at 18:38.

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    This is why i said if he liked t1s he could have a shatter spec. But that he wouldnt use it much. And you are right the AA funeral rights 1 shots 3 adds and your eat the heart does a 4th. Shatter isnt needed anymore.
    I cant see how it would be useful in pvp at all lols. Even if it was youd telegraph it so badly that you would be dead or cc'd and dead before it ever got off.
    Last edited by Aylis; 14th June 2014 at 20:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Aylis View Post
    This is why i said if he liked t1s he could have a shatter spec. But that he wouldnt use it much. And you are right the AA funeral rights 1 shots 3 adds and your eat the heart does a 4th. Shatter isnt needed anymore.
    I cant see how it would be useful in pvp at all lols. Even if it was youd telegraph it so badly that you would be dead or cc'd and dead before it ever got off.
    Back in release I used shatter a bit during mass PvP fights and mobs. It is unfortunately situational and requires some setup. I can't remember if you can stack effects then shatter them getting 4 different damage effects or not.

Shatter did net me like a 12 person kill before lol but that was situational and goofy. read my post on the first page for he story heh.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123