Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: End pug-only minis now and forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Korando-AoC View Post
    @Redd: I pretty much agree with all you posted. But that has nothing to do with removing random minigame queque. Actually one thing you wrote is wrong: this game allows you to play with friends/guildies or players you want to play with. It's Tournament Mode. Unfortunately it's affected by big problems:
    - no incentive to use it (no ranking system, no reward, no special token / stat update ecc.)
    - very low game population. Try to sign 1 group in Tournament Mode.. You could wait months before that another groups shows up. And gather 12 friends actually takes too much (many guulds and friedns I know tried.. Doesn't work).
    work.

I know tournament mode is there but thats exactly the problem its there but its useless, no competition and ranking no initiative to pvp. It simply doesnt work because you need a goal to strive for, as it is now tournament mode isnt really a tournament its just a pointless mode sitting there for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Redd View Post
    I know tournament mode is there but thats exactly the problem its there but its useless, no competition and ranking no initiative to pvp. It simply doesnt work because you need a goal to strive for, as it is now tournament mode isnt really a tournament its just a pointless mode sitting there for nothing.
    That's what I'm saying aswell.

According to last Dev Monthly Letter, Funcom is working on minigame reward system, which includes Tournament Mode.
    The idea of exclusive rewards from TM is great, but crap Vanity stuff (like recent new vendor) is definitely not the type of incentive needed.

We need some ranking system, and eventually some exclusive reward (something linked to T4 gear maybe?).

The problem is that Funcom must be very careful aswell: there should be next to no way to exploit this system (which from developer pov is probably very hard), otherwise it risks to become another Bori fail.
    And of course the relatively low population is another big problem.

I have big hopes for this.. Let's see how it goes..
    I see a lot of new players in minigames recently, I'm still optimistic about this game. Maybe too much.. But there is no game with same lore, Combat System and other great stuff around.. So no alternative .
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Pug-only minis also contribute to class imbalance by making certain classes, like tanks, that require cooperation to effectively deal with, OP in PvP. Pug-only minis are the reason why we see no class diversity in minis because everyone wants to play tanks. clothie classes require a good team to back them up when they're getting zerged by tanks, but that doesn't happen in pug-only minis, because of that, it makes half the classes irrelevant in minis.

PVP REQUIRES TEAMWORK TO BE EFFECTIVE, The more people realize this, the better they get at PvP.

END PUG-ONLY MINIS NOW!

Maybe I live in another dimension, maybe I just do not get it but...

Isn´t it possible to join with friends and sign up as team vs team in tournament mode? Is it? So why such OP thread even exist...
    Xuhotl - arcimage of the city of Xuthal in service of great army Futilez - HoX PvP lvl 10
    Bordhi - Khitai legionary - DT PvP lvl 7
    Bahary - vampire and your nightmare - Lotus Sin PvP lvl 7
    Shiwan - the last of Corrags - retired noob Barb PvP lvl 8

Quote Originally Posted by Shiwan View Post
    Maybe I live in another dimension, maybe I just do not get it but...

Isn´t it possible to join with friends and sign up as team vs team in tournament mode? Is it? So why such OP thread even exist...
    Because nobody uses tourny mode. EVER.

END PUG-ONLY MINIS NOW!
    Last edited by -Syd-; 10th June 2014 at 12:31.

So if there is no demand for it, why are you asking to implement it?

Well I understand if someone would like to arrange team vs pug it was nice farm but... do you think that pug´s would like it?
    Xuhotl - arcimage of the city of Xuthal in service of great army Futilez - HoX PvP lvl 10
    Bordhi - Khitai legionary - DT PvP lvl 7
    Bahary - vampire and your nightmare - Lotus Sin PvP lvl 7
    Shiwan - the last of Corrags - retired noob Barb PvP lvl 8

Quote Originally Posted by -Syd- View Post
    Pug-only minis also contribute to class imbalance by making certain classes, like tanks, that require cooperation to effectively deal with, OP in PvP. Pug-only minis are the reason why we see no class diversity in minis because everyone wants to play tanks. clothie classes require a good team to back them up when they're getting zerged by tanks, but that doesn't happen in pug-only minis, because of that, it makes half the classes irrelevant in minis.

PVP REQUIRES TEAMWORK TO BE EFFECTIVE, The more people realize this, the better they get at PvP.

END PUG-ONLY MINIS NOW!
    Honestly.. Pug minis sometimes are crap from balance point of view, I agree with this.
    But what people doesn't understand is that there is no way to counter some things that happen and that are linked exclusively to players behaviour.

For example:

- fight starts slightly unbalanced. 2 kd whores go afk after first death (the typical kd whore plays only easy mode farm games..) and rest of team is forced to play in 4, beeing farmed.

- team starts 4 vs 6, with no healers. After minigame starts, last 2 spots are filled by 2 PvP 10 healers.

Etc

There is nothing you can do to counter this. Live with it and accept to die aswell sometimes. You can't always win.. Unless of course you are allowed to form your premade group to farm random newbies, that is what you are asking for.
    Premade vs pugs would be just way more imbalance than what you have now.

And your assumption about class imbalance is total fail.
    Pug minigames are kind of a lottery, but there is simply no class which can't be OP in good hands.
    Tanks are even not that OP anymore, and I don't have really any problems playing clothies in pugs (in premades it's probably another story though.. but I have next to no experience about that).
    Last edited by Korando-AoC; 10th June 2014 at 12:00.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Quote Originally Posted by Shiwan View Post
    So if there is no demand for it, why are you asking to implement it?

Well I understand if someone would like to arrange team vs pug it was nice farm but... do you think that pug´s would like it?
    There is a demand for it, but people are forced to queue for pugs because they don't have a choice, stop being so naive.

Do you think that groups like it when they get crusty pugs on their team? Why should pugs be pandered to over groups anyway? What makes puggers so special that the most basic and fundamental expectation in any multilayer game that's ever existed, the ability to play with ones friends, guildies/clan mates, should be just tossed out for their benefit?

And what's the difference between a premade stomping a pug and a pug stomping a pug? It's not like the current system doesn't cause huge and unfair imbalances...

END PUG-ONLY MINIS NOW!
    Last edited by -Syd-; 10th June 2014 at 12:32.

Quote Originally Posted by -Syd- View Post
    And what's the difference between a premade stomping a pug and a pug stomping a pug? It's not like the current system doesn't cause huge and unfair imbalances...

END PUG-ONLY MINIS NOW!
    So your argument is if sometimes pugs can stomp pugs (which dont happen all the time) why dont allow premade to stomp pugs?
    Dont get me wrong i was sad when they removed signing as group back than, it was so much fun playing with friends, getting your own premade, or fighting vs premade as pug. Pug vs premade was possible to win on some occasions back than, now i think not.

Im all for it to sign up with 1 friend but certainly not for removing pug minis. What would pvp 0 fresh char do than? Or casual pvper in small guild?

On the other hand tournament mode should be revorked and made a lot more interesting to sign. Give some ranking, better revards, titles, vanity... anything to make signing tournament mode more appealing for hard core pvpers. And alow 2 people to sign together in pug minis.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcorp View Post
    pug minis are 50/50. You win half the time. If I know you and jich or whoever will be on the other team, I now know that drops to 30% of the time. Makes me not really want to play. Others may feel the same. Soon you are complianing about what? We had this in the past, it didnt work. You have premade signups, just do premades in guild since you have all the pvpers in your guild and the rest of us suck.
    kk, so your point is, you want pug minis in the hopes you get on our team so we can carry you. gotya.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast