Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A few questions

Default A few questions

Hello everyone,

I'm thinking about giving AOC another try. A few of us from an old guild of another game tried the game when it first got released but didn't really stick around to play back then.

I'd like to ask a few questions and was wondering if some current players would be kind enough to answer/give some feedback.

1: As F2P how does the game go? Does F2P effect how a character levels? Does F2P stop a playing doing much?

2: The Rise of the Godslayer expansion - where can this be purchased from? Is there a store within the game? I've seen a couple of copies on Ebay, but can it be purchased in digital form?

3: A range class - is there one? I like quite a "casual" class and something that is easy to pick up and play.

4: There are rewards on my account - like the drinking cape and Amazon bow. Can these still be claimed in game?

5: What's the crafting system like? Is there gathering too? I read there's meant to be a crafting update in the works?

6: Are there skill/talent points to improve a character?

7: Funcom Points? Are they used in the store? I noticed there's a pay by mobile option. It says I can't use the pay by mobile feature? I'm in the UK. Is this correct?

Thank you!
    Last edited by Flamecrest; 5th June 2014 at 12:53.

1: As F2P how does the game go? Does F2P effect how a character levels? Does F2P stop a playing doing much?

F2P is ok until level 80. After hitting lvl 80 sub is a must.

2: The Rise of the Godslayer expansion - where can this be purchased from? Is there a store within the game? I've seen a couple of copies on Ebay, but can it be purchased in digital form?

There is in-game cash shop, you can buy it there.

3: A range class - is there one? I like quite a "casual" class and something that is easy to pick up and play.

yes, a ranger It is super casual in fact yet very powerful.

4: There are rewards on my account - like the drinking cape and Amazon bow. Can these still be claimed in game?

type /claim in game

5: What's the crafting system like? Is there gathering too? I read there's meant to be a crafting update in the works?

Crafting is garbage. New crafting system SHOULD be out this year.

6: Are there skill/talent points to improve a character?

There is a talent system. After hitting lvl 80 there is also alternative advacement system to further add power to your character. Maxing out on everything takes years.

7: Funcom Points? Are they used in the store? I noticed there's a pay by mobile option. It says I can't use the pay by mobile feature? I'm in the UK. Is this correct?

Yes Funcom points are used in store. No idea about pay by mobile.
    Retired

Thanks Slith,

That answered the questions I had. Is there a Tradepost still in game? Is that like an auction/market? Are there any restrictions of using this as F2P?

honestly man, the best thing to do is when you 1st start playing, sub for 1 month. then when your sub runs out you see the changes ( easier to see what you cant do when you have experienced what you can do)

Regarding the range classes, there are quite a few.

Ranger : range physical, very strong burst, quite low sustained dps, super easy mode, very boring imo.

Demo/demo : range casters, typical mages, very very strong classes.

PoM : range caster and healer, massive burst damage, relatively lower sustained dps than demo/necro.

ToS : close range caster with self centered AoE and healer. Massive damage output, on par with demo/necro.

In my experience, necro is the class with which it's easier to perform well while chilling, even without good gear, most other classes require a bit more effort to do well.

forget ranged classes.

barb-very easy and fun and rewarding gameplay
    conq-extremely easy equaly fun
    sin-not so easy and gear dependant dont recomend it as first class

guard-easy to play, rewarding to play it once you fully master it

dt-easy to play versatile but very gear dependant, very fun in the long run

bearshaman-best class ingame very rewarding and fun gameplay very strong

hox-same as bearshaman but less forgiving to noobs, wouldnt recomend it as first class
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Thanks all,

Does anyone know why I cant use the pay by mobile feature for points? It says I cant use it in my country - UK.

Edit: After contacting Funcom support (who were very helpful!) I discovered that the pay by mobile - boku sms is not available to UK customers it seems. I found a couple of posts on other game forums confirming this too.
    Last edited by Flamecrest; 5th June 2014 at 18:12.

My Ranger is fun. But seems weaker than my HoX and waaay weaker than my ToS.

HoX has a serious lack of ranged spells - at least, I've not encountered any yet at lvl 48.

Another quick question,

If a F2P player purchases the expansion from the game shop, do they also need to sub to the game to be able to access any features from the expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by Flamecrest View Post
    Another quick question,

If a F2P player purchases the expansion from the game shop, do they also need to sub to the game to be able to access any features from the expansion?
    For rise of the godslayer yes. for Turan no.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast