Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is this game like?

Default hmmm

Isn't the definition of an MMO : "quest hub thempark"?

new to the genre ...

Quote Originally Posted by magicman22 View Post
    Not worth playing this game. Funcom CEO has already announced there will be no major reinvestment into AoC.

The game will coast along like Warhammer with sporadic updates until the license expires.

Quote from Funcom CEO:

TL;DR - We're going to milk our current games for every last penny then shut them down. He's acknowledged that AoC, AO, & TSW are dying and has no plans to do anything about it.
    then why the **** u still here for ? stop brainwash other player so they can enjoy this gem.
    Iamimmortal Con
    Guild : BADBOY

Quote Originally Posted by iamimmortal View Post
    then why the **** u still here for ? stop brainwash other player so they can enjoy this gem.
    Not brainwashing anything. That's what guy who is in charge of Funcom said.

They are not focused on TSW, AoC or AO. It's all about creating lots of new & smaller games for tablets and phones like Lego Minifigures from here on out.

He said he doesn't want to spend a lot of money on the current online games. That is why TSW, AoC, and AO have a dev team of around 35 people shared between them.

Quote Originally Posted by I-am-Judas View Post
    Isn't the definition of an MMO : "quest hub thempark"?

new to the genre ...
    There used to be "sandbox" types. They're mostly dead because they sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Religolibri View Post
    It's just logic come on. Of course game revenus decrease over time. He didn't say nothing more than that...
    Sure he did.

"The strategy is to maximise the revenue we can get and minimise cost. That's the strategy we're using for our online portfolio and we hope to be as innovative as possible with our new projects."

He's basically saying that Funcom has no plans to improve upon the existing games. There will be no relaunch for AoC, or major overhauls. There will be no reinvestment into the game. They will continue to scrape what pennies they can from this game.

Although, this really isn't surprising or newsworthy. I think most people inferred this awhile ago.
    Last edited by massively1; 4th August 2014 at 01:04.

As returning player it now seems FC or whoever have identified whats wrong with the game but don't really have the money to fix it!

Quest hubs/PvE raids are theme parky as they always are in any mmorpg.

What I think could be fixed are these silly, stupid little mini-games and all that is wrong with them. Some are far to small/6v6 to feel like a battle. All of them are rather soul less without much visibility in them, not to mention nice rivers etc people seem to run into all the time to avoid dying.

i think an instanced bg based upon the battle keep idea with AFKs getting kicked after not been in combat for such a time and people who quit before its finished gettinng a debuff is the answer.

Yes I have played other mmorpgs. But I come back AoC as some of the classes, the lore and the combat system are completely awesome!

New player = lots to do.

Vet player = almost nothing to do (but crafting revamp and t5 on the way)
    Yangrin | Yangbear | Krem | Marsheesh | Oforawesome | Pappalegba | Yangryn
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.

Play the game, read the story's, enjoy the pulp-content you read as a *age group you read REH at*, rework your feat tree and discover new ways to play your toon. Join 6man dungeons, even at low level, and have some Indiana Jones style fun in Black Castle etc, play level 19 mini's for a changeup if you're not a PvPer. You'll learn to move quick when you PvP.

Just about everything I learned (proper debuffing, CC's, timing abilities, watching cast and combo animations) in this game made me a better player in dozens of other games I played...Even Baldur's Gate!

That's all free until you start raiding and doing 80 6man zones after the free Crows Nest, Iron Tower and Atzels Fortress, and two raid zones, Kylikki's and Yakhmar (Vistrix is subbed)

Quote Originally Posted by MashMash View Post
    Vet player = almost nothing to do (but crafting revamp and t5 on the way)
    Almost nothing to get. But still plenty to do.

With new raid vendor I gave a shot to low tier raids and they pushing max dps may be even more fun than getting another toon to full t4. I'm quite eager to visit other long forgotten places now, even if they cannot offer me any progression anymore. It's fun. I wish other people would like to have fun to and join groups with voice com not because tactic require cooperation, but because it can be more entertaining this way.
    Hayde, dead Dark Templar of Xotli
    and her long forgotten brotherhood: Berbelek Bookah Esthle Esthlos Illea Jamei Margrid Sanessa Shahai Sharila Vassone Vizu Xami

Quote Originally Posted by bogus View Post
    Almost nothing to get. But still plenty to do.

With new raid vendor I gave a shot to low tier raids and they pushing max dps may be even more fun than getting another toon to full t4. I'm quite eager to visit other long forgotten places now, even if they cannot offer me any progression anymore. It's fun. I wish other people would like to have fun to and join groups with voice com not because tactic require cooperation, but because it can be more entertaining this way.
    The unique thing about the game is the older dungeons can still kill 80's who aren't paying attention. 80's can always have fun with lowbies in places like Black Castle, as well. It's still amusing to me to hear the new players who dont know the unique surprises in that place, or in Sanctum of Burning Souls, catching their first glimpse as you come over the stairs, through the gallery of Black Ring Mages and stare in bloodied wonder at Akivasha's living room.

Or people getting frustrated trying to figure out Nog's little blood vessel 'puzzle' in whateveritscalled in FotD.

And then there's the revamped bosses in Oasis of Zaara and Frost Swamp after T4 came out. I haven't been back to Imirian Ravine yet.

Little things like that FC throw out there to keep us 80's amused (and us crafters trying to get a recipe because it's usually solo effort, pissed off!)

Good times.
    Last edited by Anzu; 7th August 2014 at 03:46.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12