Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A Civil Discussion on the PvP Update Differences Between Crom and Fury

Default A Civil Discussion on the PvP Update Differences Between Crom and Fury

What this thread will have: Constructive arguments and reasoning for or against differences in the PvP update between the two servers.

What this thread will not have: Trolling, Raging, [Edited by Drest]

I want to start off by saying that most of my toons are on Fury with just a couple on Crom for the lolz so I may have a slight Fury bias. That being said, I agree with the decision Funcom has made to only allow the daily quests on Crom for the festival week while Fury/Rage get the quests for the entire month in addition to limiting the PvP event on Crom to just CE. Funcom implemented these, "quests with the intention of encouraging open-world PvP on a daily basis." It makes sense that the full benefits were not extended to Crom seeing as the main difference between a PvE server and a PvP server is that a PvP server has open-world PvP while a PvE server does not.Pretty straight forward.

I understand why some Crom players may be disappointed that the event is just limited to CE, but Funcom has said that the other Border Kingdom zones were not performance ready for PvP yet so they limited it to just CE for the time being. However, the other zones may be enabled in the future when they are ready.

I also understand that PvPers who transferred from Fury to Crom for the sake of guilds, friends and population now get the shaft on the PvP update, but the fact is it was your choice. Funcom did not force you to leave and some players stayed behind with the "dying" server and are now allowed to fully utilize all of the benefits from this PvP update. You shouldn't blame the system for your decision/mistake.

It would NOT make sense to me if Funcom decided to grant the Crom server with the full PvP benefits. As I have said before, the main difference between a PvP and a PvE server, and this goes for any MMO, is that a PvP server has open-world PvP while a PvE server does not. If Funcom allowed open-world PvP in Khopshef, Wild Lands and White Sands on Crom, then by definition it would no longer be a PvE server. I hope I'm not missing something when I say that this is painfully obvious.

Overall, if you are on Crom and are disappointed by not receiving the full PvP benefits, it is at your own fault and not at the fault of the system. You joined a PvE server knowing that there would be no open-world PvP and should not be angry that you did not receive open-world PvP.

To those of you on Crom who are content with the update the way it is, I apologize. I don't mean to generalize you as a server, but rather point out those who are angry.

If you agree, disagree or have comments, feel free to leave them in the thread. But PLEASE keep it constructive.
    Last edited by Drest; 16th May 2014 at 07:07.

Fury should get:

Removed all the mobs in all playfields.

Disabled all PvE 6 men instances

Disabled all Raids.

Make Fury a real place for PvP-ers to enjoy pure pvp experience 24/7, without any PvE!

When T5 comes give free transfers for those who want to return to Crom.

Quote Originally Posted by Redd View Post
    Fury should get:

Removed all the mobs in all playfields.

Disabled all PvE 6 men instances

Disabled all Raids.

Make Fury a real place for PvP-ers to enjoy pure pvp experience 24/7, without any PvE!

When T5 comes give free transfers for those who want to return to Crom.
    Except, there is no real pvp experience, Funcom down graded their servers so bad that any open world scale pvp is a giant lag fest.

PVP balance has been off the charts since patch 2.0

PVP xp takes years to get and tokens too.

Cannot sign up pvp Mini games where its even numbers with friends.

No players want to do organized pvp mini game such as premades.

Majority of players rather just avoid pvp and get tokens.

If removing pve from this server 99% the population will just go to crom. Theres maybe 1% left that actually knows and understand how to pvp, group, 1v1, etc

Tell me what kind of pve content is forbidden/locked out for 3 weeks a month on fury because you chose the open-world-pvp ruleset.Which pve content is developed for pvers and can be played by pvers ONLY for 3 week a month ?This is were your logical argument of the open world pvp servers gets the new "open world pvp quests" fails while you present it to be absolutely logical.I am not saying remove anything regarding pve from fury wanting it to be done,but it proves why this implementation is wrong.

So let me see ,i have a pvp lvl 9 char that has hardly spent 1 pvp lvl in bori (6-->7)and i am on Crom.I mainly focus on pve but i enjoy or used to enjoy both aspects of the game.Now you tell me the new "pvp" content will be limited on my server because : a)Cross server tech is still not here(and will never be).b)Fury needs it's furians back and that the only way it ll happen.The rest is just sugarcoating already bad choices.

PvP changes and content was long overdue and its good for the game that the focus is on it now. I like that since new game director and Cirith took over things are being done for the game ,and though slowly, content and improvements do come.However this choice was just not really thought through and it just reeks of the fear that even more pvpers would come to crom for more population,open world pvp quests thus leaving fury dead.So somehow separating the already small community more makes sense suddenly,Keep the cannibalism going on.

This was constructive enough ?

If it still doesn't make sense to even biased furians i don't have much more to say.Enjoy the new content.

Quote Originally Posted by -Nightshadow- View Post
    I understand why some Crom players may be disappointed that the event is just limited to CE, but Funcom has said that the other Border Kingdom zones were not performance ready for PvP yet so they limited it to just CE for the time being. However, the other zones may be enabled in the future when they are ready.
    I just wanna add here.

We had 96 player clash sieges in Aquilonia End (on Crom) and performance was absolutely fine.

That argument is bogus. Furians play in their lagfest in other zones than CE, why can't Cromlings?

I said no trolls, but whatever.

Did you not read what I typed? And have you played any other MMO before? Why do you think a server is labeled PvE? Because you can't kill anyone in open-world. So why in the hell would Funcom put open-world PvP on a PvE server? If you're still mad then I'm sorry, I can't help you.
    Likewise...why should Funcom put PVE instances on a PVP server?

((This isn't trolling. This is a differing opinion.))

I think there is an actual lack of understanding of what a PvE and a PvP server is. Look back to any game (Age of Conan being no different): What is the main difference between a PvE and a PvP server? The reason they are separate is because people who don't want to worry about being ganked don't have to on a PvE server while those who want to kill other players any time can on a PvP server. This is an open-world PvP update. It honestly does not make sense to me that a PvE server should get full out open-world PvP.

Since Crom has world bosses that can be farmed four plus an hour, and Fury gets kills in about two hours due to the pvp nature...

if I want world pvp then I can retransfer to Fury imo. I'd rather stay on Crom and get the pve.

Funcom could stick a pvp quest in an unused border kingdom area since those are open pvp anyway and only bori is really in use. But either way is fine with me.

I said no trolls, but whatever.

Shink gave you really constructive answer to your topic, something I totally agree with for example.

But you obviously want only your fury propaganda responses so you can feel pleased and not call it trolling.
    Last edited by Redd; 15th May 2014 at 23:10.

I think there is an actual lack of understanding of what a PvE and a PvP server is. Look back to any game (Age of Conan being no different): What is the main difference between a PvE and a PvP server? The reason they are separate is because people who don't want to worry about being ganked don't have to on a PvE server while those who want to kill other players any time can on a PvP server. This is an open-world PvP update. It honestly does not make sense to me that a PvE server should get full out open-world PvP.
    Tell me one other game that exclusive pvp content came out only for pvp-ruleset servers.Tell me one instance in AoC that your pve progression/content is hindered because you are on fury apart form you own choice that you have to fight other people on the way to it.You don't really look for constructive arguments to reply to,you just keep hiding around the pvp-ruleset choice of words.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast