Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: A Civil Discussion on the PvP Update Differences Between Crom and Fury

Last three posts just illustrate what i said in my 1st post.

"We need to revive fury by forcing people to go there if they want dailies"

Border kingdoms on Crom would be fine but you don't want to see it.
    Also suggesting to people to not play with their friends and have guild chat and so on with them because of it!That's the way forward in an already small community,make people get bored more and force things like this

"Stop bitching ,you won't get what YOU ARE PAYING FOR"

Now that is the best one yet,quite self explanatory.Maybe unchained excavators quests and raids should become monthly on fury too,lets see how this goes after all-lol.

Still no real arguments or anything that's worth thinking upon,just "We got what we wanted,if you want it transfer".

We do understand the decision ,we don't agree with it though,it's illogical and at this point it creates two types of different customers,ones that get the full content full time and others that don't.And even if i wanted to transfer ,i am sorry but after throwing this at my face i am not spending more money for it.And it seems funcom doesn't really care about it since we are not cancelling subs .

Still no real answer to my first post except thread creator agreeing it could be implemented on border kingdoms on crom.But "uh oh most of the fury hardcore super awesome pvpers that don't fight scripted mobs then will transfer to crom for easier farming and more population,we don't want that do we?".

Things like this would be fine and we would not argue if cross server tech was here.At current standing it's just wrong no matter how you try to sugarcoat and justify it.

@Mellaus i am both a pvper and a pver ,i focus on each when i am bored of the other ,where do i belong ?...lol
    Last edited by -Shink-; 16th May 2014 at 07:19.

Quote Originally Posted by Moaner View Post
    You don't speak for Crom! I agree with the Furian's argument. If you want open world Fury is the destination.

Fury needs all the help it can get to help revive the population.

Stop being selfish, transfer 1 or 2 toons of your 12 full t4 pvp 10 maxed aa's to Fury. I know what your problem is, you have grown attached to your pve friends who can't pvp and will never transfer to Fury.

Just let go!
    Crom already has open world PvP in the border kingdoms so no, Fury does not have a exclusive right on that. I find Funcoms argument to not activate the dailies there a bit weak because:
    - Focusing population? -> I think there would always be more or the same amount of people in the zones on Crom as there are in the zones on Fury.
    - It would get boring -> AoC pvpers that are left don't get bored soon. They have been playing the same minigames since forever.

Why would Fury need to cannibalize Croms playerbase to revive itself? The average AoC population doesn't get healthier from that at all! Don't you think the suggestions in this topic about merging the servers either with a flagging system or different ruleset instances of playfields is much better and mutually beneficial?

And why do you speak so negative about bonds and friendships people have on one server that keep them there? Personally the interaction with guildies is one of the things I enjoy most. I don't have the time/energy to be part of 2 guilds on separate servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopsing View Post
    To understand the decision: imagine you are new to AoC and are in the moment to create your first toon. You now have 2 servers to chose: Fury with PvE/PvP content where you must be aware to be in openworld pvp situations, getting ganked and so on. Crom with PvE content and the safety of haven, where you sure will meet more RP-minded players AND the option to do PvP in minigames and CE with monthly quests. Your choice.
    But why!? Why do people need to choose? Why is it hard to understand that people enjoy both but don't have the time to roll characters on 2 servers and be part of 2 guilds? You can say you have access to raiding/dungeons on Fury too so in theory the natural choice for those people would be Fury, but lets face it: pug 6mans don't happen much and your chances of high-tier raids are slim at best.

I now pay my subscription for access to 75% of the game (I am on Crom server). I would pay my subscription more willingly if I got access to all content for that. Apart from that I think there are quite some F2P pvpers that would subscribe if they had a actual chance to play the content that they now can't reasonably access. I still think separating the AoC population and limiting their options like Funcom does now is not fair to their paying customers. On top of that I also think it is a very unwise position from a economic point of view. Unless they make a ungodly amount of money from the transfers but I doubt that.
    Last edited by Caudilloo; 16th May 2014 at 07:07.

Cleaned some posts here. It will stay open for now, but i am watching this thread.
    Hamsters and rangers and everyone, REJOICE!

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

CE is the only area for crom and it is always deserted.
    It seems you have missed CirithGorgor's explanation on why they can't make thoses quest on a daily basis on Crom.

While Crom has just the 1 zone enabled for the PvP events (Border Kingdom's : Cimmerian End), we don't want to enable these 4 daily quests in this location because with just 1 location we believe they will become quite stale quite quickly while enabling them along with the events for the 1 focused week will lead to much more desirable behaviour and more engaging gameplay longterm.
    There's very few open world pvpers on Crom, even after the multiple transfers. After the first initial weeks, things will be quiet again on CE on daily basis. Only occasionnal skirmishs will happens and always from the same guilds. There won't be enough actions to make thoses quests viable on daily basis.

Why would Fury need to cannibalize Croms playerbase to revive itself? The average AoC population doesn't get healthier from that at all! Don't you think the suggestions in this topic about merging the servers either with a flagging system or different ruleset instances of playfields is much better and mutually beneficial?
    But last 3 years, Crom cannibalized Fury playerbase and other servers to keep the raidforces of main guilds alive, why do you can't accept it could be in the other way now ? And tbh, it's not like you will see hundreds of players transferring back to have daily gankquests instead of 1 week a month. Having it daily is aimed to players playing open pvp daily.

Not a big deal if occasionnal openworld pvpers on PvE server have thoses quests 1 week a month. it's even better cause they know that during 1 week it will be sure pvp frenzy with incentives to go in, so more people to fight, more actions, more fun i guess. Making them daily on crom will be pure fail with global pvp heroes asking for victims (like premades) and complaining that CE is empty and so they can't complete their quests until reset.

And merging is not the miracle answer. it cost ressources, it cost players (thoses who don't like being forcemerged on a new server ruleset that doesn't fit their initial will) and overall population of the game decrease each time with merges.

Keep the sugarcoating going Bibik

Even if things would not be that active ,even if it became stale as you say and what not and not able to support it daily IT WOULD BE THERE as an option.More option are better than less.Especially when you *drumroll* pay for them!

Also what if i can't play on festival week due to work so i am not going to be participating to that pvp frenzy you are talking about and on top of event i ll miss out on dailies too.Tough luck i guess ,eh.Meanwhile on fury it runs daily mmm ,sounds good.

And now for the innovative breaththrough idea :Letting the hated pvers try open world on border kingdoms actually gives a chance for higher open world pvp population since *drumroll again* they might like it and get involved more,by choice and not by being forced-Wooohoooo.You know,quest involved and **** ,people might alo want to cooperate for that(WHAT?UNTHINKABLE).More options for everyone is good for the game.Creating customers that get less content for same money is not.
    Last edited by -Shink-; 16th May 2014 at 07:48.

Quote Originally Posted by -Shink- View Post
    Also what if i can't play on festival week due to work so i am not going to be participating to that pvp frenzy you are talking about and on top of event i ll miss out on dailies too.Tough luck i guess ,eh.Meanwhile on fury it runs daily mmm ,sounds good.
    Wait for the next month, hey.
    What if you work on raiding days in your guild ? Same story, you wait the next week.

Not gonna definitivly kill your pvp progression (rewards are similar to minis ones)

And bad permanent option is not an improvement than good limited option. There is an option to go premade (you know, play with their friends in mini) in a daily basis and did it makes your pvpers guildies happy ?

Premades on crom were killed and you know how ,i am not even going to elaborate on that.

As for wait for next month ,hey sure.Why doesn't the other servers have to do that to do dailies ?

Everything has been said and countered already.Probably we should keep bringing up the idea of a "raiding week" or "dungeon week" on fury to show how this is wrong ?I don't like bad logic like this but you and rest that actually support current stadning keep pushing it that way.

Its funny people playing game for so long, and I see alot veterans here like Lurvi and you guys completly missing point. Remember Bori, even its basicly totally fail concept it was somehow action around it and look on attendance which world bosses events are attracting again and again. Feel the diffrence.

Imo its very simple and obvious, that PvP events on Crom were limited by 1 week per month, its not a weakness for Cromians but bless. I'll explain, if u remember bori population dynamic, after few month its turned to semi ghost town spot and then it turned to 1 diggers team with rare gankers against em, and even later to 90% time empty location. So alike thing will happen to PvP events on Fury, without time limit people will be eventually bored so population who participating in em will decrease and drasticly lower quality of events by that. Crom is lucky in that case, since event time limited, people wouldnt get used to it, so it will have stable attendance.

What's make open world pvp fun and fluffy thing? Ofc alot of people.

So there FC in long term did a great favour for Crom.

P.S. Premades on Crom arent dead :o We are playing them weekly at least 2 times per week in evenings, so far it mostly CoE vs Iron Will or Black Steel groups, but if someone wants its easy to sort any time.
    Last edited by Sarhal; 16th May 2014 at 08:17.
    Cripples gonna cripple

Quote Originally Posted by Sarhal View Post
    P.S. Premades on Crom arent dead :o We are playing them weekly at least 2 times per week in evenings, so far it mostly CoE vs Iron Will or Black Steel groups, but if someone wants its easy to sort any time.
    I seem to remember just signing up on the cue and fighting another premade.When you HAVE to "organize" something like that 2 times a week it's on life support at best. For the rest of your psot i think i ve already replied previously.

So the Cirithgorgor's quote got countered also ? How ? Can you prove over a dev who is working on that since months that pvp quests on Crom would be viable on a daily timer ? Let's compare with most-hated content of the moment : world bosses : On fury, this content does not work the same as Crom, and thus generate frustration etc... want to take the risk for Crom when dev team said it may not work according to theirs evaluations ?

Not a viable option = more QQ = more redlines from tomhet. I don't understand why getting them daily if there won't be anyone to hunt/chase/kill on CE will make it an improvement except on your feelings of being treated as second-zone customers over Furyans.

And remember that it is intended to be a temporay solution to the main issue (how to make open world stuff on a PvE server).

First solution was more than terrible (remember ? "Hey let's make an leveling area full pvp for a while on a PvE server, surprise !"). So they have to find something else to make thoses pvp content on Crom before finding another way to ran them without having to spend months of works on coding, server-related work which, you already know, would take several years according to the time taken already for cross-server technology.

And tbh, i'm already surprised they made the effort of giving them to Crom since it's open-world pvp and Crom is not the dedicated server for it. Despites theses efforts, you're still spiting on them, that's nice

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast