Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: A Civil Discussion on the PvP Update Differences Between Crom and Fury

Quote Originally Posted by Bumpaloopa View Post
    The point is, Funcom is depriving paying customers the content they paid for.
    And my point is, that under the current system, it would have been impossible to give Crom the same benefits that Funcom gave Fury without changing it to a PvP server. The update would be a complete contradiction to the nature of a PvE server.

It's impossible to see without it actually being implemented, but I'm sure if it were implemented like it was on Fury that there would be some very upset Crom people that are getting killed in open world when they are on a PvE server.

needs guards removed from the zone and murder points to not be given in the zone, then it will be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by GeldourConq View Post
    needs guards removed from the zone and murder points to not be given in the zone, then it will be awesome.
    I agree. This was an obvious problem with the world bosses. Completely kills the experience.

Quote Originally Posted by -Nightshadow- View Post
    And my point is, that under the current system, it would have been impossible to give Crom the same benefits that Funcom gave Fury without changing it to a PvP server. The update would be a complete contradiction to the nature of a PvE server.
    I dont get it, how can you keep saying this.

What about Border Kingdoms? Are those "complete contradiction to the nature of a PvE server"?

Daily quests on crom are not daily, thats the problem. Thats why ppl say they got restricted.
    Johara / Shimi / Joxli - Tainted Souls - Crom
    Feat planner - Achievement list - AA heal calculator

Quote Originally Posted by medke View Post
    I dont get it, how can you keep saying this.

What about Border Kingdoms? Are those "complete contradiction to the nature of a PvE server"?

Daily quests on crom are not daily, thats the problem. Thats why ppl say they got restricted.
    Just Border Kingdoms wouldn't be the exact same thing as what Fury has, as I've been saying this whole time. Fury opens up Khopshef, Wild Lands and White Sands to PvP just to name a few. These are PvE areas in Crom and some players would be angry if these were now open to PvP.

I would be okay with the Border Kingdom zones being daily on Crom. I think the argument that "it would get boring" that Funcom put out is kind of weak, so I agree with you there.

So the final would look like: 1) Fury remains unchanged 2) Crom gets the daily quests full time but open only to the Border Kingdom areas.

Is anyone opposed to that?

Quote Originally Posted by Oduda View Post
    If they put open world pvp on Crom you would see the population plummet. As the population has done on EVERY server this game has had with open world pvp in it.
    HMMM.
    How many actual PvP patches have we seen over the years?
    About 3 patches?
    1st, criminal consequence system (somewhat a failure)
    2nd, PvP 10 + bori (utter failure)
    3rd, jhebbal + pug minis (failure)
    4th (bonus patch), server location chance (piss on EU players)

I wonder why that is. That the PvPers left.

Quote Originally Posted by Oduda View Post
    Face reality, not everyone like or even wants to engage in pvp, and some will do mini's but do NOT want open world pvp. That is WHY they are on a pve server. Take that away from them, even if just for one week every month (which will be 1/4 of the year) and they will leave.

If you want your open world pvp and your pvp quests transfer to fury. If you don't then stop crying about it not being on Crom.
    You also need to face reality, that there are players that WANT BOTH, that don't want to leave their guilds and comrades to play on a different servers.

Border Kingdoms zone are available for open world PvP on Crom. You don't have to go near them. (or if they implement instance selctions, pvp and pve, after a merge)

So, shoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Lurvi View Post
    HMMM.
    How many actual PvP patches have we seen over the years?
    About 3 patches?
    1st, criminal consequence system (somewhat a failure)
    2nd, PvP 10 + bori (utter failure)
    3rd, jhebbal + pug minis (failure)
    4th (bonus patch), server location chance (piss on EU players)

I wonder why that is. That the PvPers left.

You also need to face reality, that there are players that WANT BOTH, that don't want to leave their guilds and comrades to play on a different servers.

Border Kingdoms zone are available for open world PvP on Crom. You don't have to go near them. (or if they implement instance selctions, pvp and pve, after a merge)

So, shoo!
    PvP patches have nothing to do with anything I was talking about.

And reality is, if you wanted both you would be on fury. That is reality. If you chose not to be on fury then you gave up your option for open world pvp. Get over it.

You were talking about PvP population plummeting...? It has everything to do with PvP patches.
    Do you realise the struggle. This is the first proper PvP patch WE HAVE SEEN.

It's a tradeoff my current situation. Open world PvP on Fury hasn't been good in a very, very long time. An easy tradeoff.
    Also... We have 3 possible zones ready to go on Crom, with this content live? No, Im not letting it go that easy.
    Last edited by Lurvi; 16th May 2014 at 01:27.

To understand the decision: imagine you are new to AoC and are in the moment to create your first toon. You now have 2 servers to chose: Fury with PvE/PvP content where you must be aware to be in openworld pvp situations, getting ganked and so on. Crom with PvE content and the safety of haven, where you sure will meet more RP-minded players AND the option to do PvP in minigames and CE with monthly quests. Your choice.

People on Crom must give up the attitude they wont get what they pay for. If you feel so, you can transfer to Fury with all its consequences.

Thanks to Funcom for the very good patch.

I like the direction Cirith took with that open world PvP.

PvP'ers belong to a PvP server and there has to be an incentive to be on Fury, otherwise, the server loses its very purpose.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast