Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast

Thread: PvP Festival and PvP Daily Quests : Guide

i think it would be fair to add some participation quests

something along the lines of dmg coefficients in events

event zones should be bordered out tho

What's the cycle order of the events? And what's the time between each? 20 min?
    Send me a PM if you wonder something

Many lvl 10 pvp with all gear aa and token maxed out are participating to these events, gating out all the low lvls who instead needs the event rewards. I even asked why they do this, well one answered me that he was bored or that they are banking xp and tokens for an eventual new pvp level when it comes. It would be fair to have then zone into a different instance from the pvp lvl 1-9 ones.
    Dutiful slacker on all 3 servers

Crom: Emyssary (DT)

Fury : Collarbone (BS)

Rage: Kurtz (DT)

Quote Originally Posted by strangerism View Post
    Many lvl 10 pvp with all gear aa and token maxed out are participating to these events, gating out all the low lvls who instead needs the event rewards. I even asked why they do this, well one answered me that he was bored or that they are banking xp and tokens for an eventual new pvp level when it comes. It would be fair to have then zone into a different instance from the pvp lvl 1-9 ones.
    one of the reasons i left aoc.
    iGank

As I have already said before in another topic, that PvP Festival is the last place in this game where strong PvP-rs forming premades and by using TeamSpeak can dominate over others.
    It seems, some players have not seen the days when it was posible join with your premade against random group in minis...
    Last edited by Ernests; 22nd March 2016 at 12:26.
    Kattas - 10.PvP, full T6 and full AA demo

Quote Originally Posted by strangerism View Post
    Well, like Ernests said above, festival is the last place where FC actually let us team up with friends and doesnt force us to play with randoms, hence ppl make premades.
    I also participate with some PVP10 character, because frankly by now all the classes i have and enjoy playing are indeed PvP10, what should i do quit the game?

The problem that "lowbies" cannot reap the rewards of the PvP festival because some group of high lvl PvPers has a group there can be easily solved by doing what i have proposed many times :

-Give at least 50% (or even 75%) of the rewards winners reap to the rest of the players that just participate in the festival.
    ॐ ॐ ॐ

I feel bad about feeling good about that~

Another reason to keep doing the events at level 10 is to farm victory tokens to buy pets and mounts at the armoury. And, if I recall correctly, me and my team have beaten enemies with level 10 while we didn't have level 10. It's more about personal and team skills rather than levels.

Also the events are pretty much the only time when some open pvp with decent numbers goes down at all, no matter if its on Crom or Fury.
    I agree that low-pvp Characters are at disadvantage in killcount-based events like Arena and are generally more likely to be killed off first.
    To make their struggles more worth while Aggromagnet's approach might work. And while you're at it you might wanna revise the "Chosen of Gullah"-Event, as this one is totally broken imo. The chosen-buff is too strong, especially when theres not many participants.
    The Noob Comic, best parody on MMO-gaming ever. Funcom featured @Page 318
    Gone with the blastwave For those special post-nuclear moments...
    Apprentice Shield of the Risen opener

Since someone mentioned victory tokens : What the hell am I supposed to do with vanity pets ? I am no roleplayer.
    (and pls don't say arena now)
    The only pet which is nice is the one that shouts the k/d of players in your proximity.
    The rest should be made sell-able imo so one can at least make business with it
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Quote Originally Posted by slackjoint View Post
    The rest should be made sell-able imo so one can at least make business with it
    You can argue, if pets are worthwhile rewards or not or which one you like or not, BUT there are several advantages and no real con to make them tradeable.

For example:
    You need a pet for your pve or rp char, but are only competetive on your pvp char really. Why force people to grind or exploit (thus wasting real LIFE time) per char to get a special pet you might want for a char not your pvp char? As unused chars or ill-equipped and out of practice char you are nothing but cannonfodder during these events and unless they work as bori 2.0, you'll get no rewards for days at all.
    Making pets tradeable would also offer a chance for the "always the same" people that per quest and festival design are the "chosen few" to let others reap something from that content also. The way victory points are awarded is ridicolous, when you take into account the number of participants contrary to "winners". Best to give out more and rename them "festival tokens".
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 22nd March 2016 at 20:58.