Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Director Letter – April 2014 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    It's pvp 3 for t1 set now.
    is that on testlive? you sure?
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by Shiwan View Post
    No it is utter nonsense you should deserve best gear available. Deserve it and not to be only very bad skilless player who is just member of the right raiding guild. As PvP player you are mostly also grouped in encounters which are apparently harder than some PvE fights. And yes it is also related to time spend in game. For PvP lvls 10 you have to fight within few years. For T4 or future T5 not. Thats why it is nonsence and you manifest PvE stupidity in its worst form. This is riduculous.
    You jump to things that has no meaning in the issue i'm after. Deserve loot? I have not said anything about deserving loot. Plenty of people who don't deserve their t4 items.

Quote Originally Posted by -tomhet- View Post
    is that on testlive? you sure?
    Seems it's still only the weapons :/
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by Korando-AoC View Post
    But according to your and Phil77 logic, Funcom should again repeat the same fail they did with T4 gear, which was best gear for PvP on many classes until recent patch.

No pls, it's easy: just introduce PvE Combat Rating, PvE Magic Damage etc.
    its fail bunch logic missing chaoskult to spew some more logic :P dunno why you guys feed them .

i still think t1 gear should be fully attainable at pvp3, idealy fully avalable at pvp0 but thats already available from ietm shop, so at pvp3 is somewhat easier demand.

i would like return of heroic stats but i can imagine it would put development on hold for months to redo all pve gear to have pve only stats.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Anyway how would you PvE guys likes if PvP gear would be more viable in PvE than PvE gear?
    Xuhotl - arcimage of the city of Xuthal in service of great army Futilez - HoX PvP lvl 10
    Bordhi - Khitai legionary - DT PvP lvl 7
    Bahary - vampire and your nightmare - Lotus Sin PvP lvl 7
    Shiwan - the last of Corrags - retired noob Barb PvP lvl 8

I've said just that being good or terribad, this starter gear is out of reach of any true beginner, so he will have to handle :

- Experience gap : knowledge of class, maps, others class, movements...
    - AA gap (not normal)
    - Gear gap (not normal)

Against vets who have all this advantages in battle

We can't speak by ourselves about how it is easy or hard to reach pvp 4 (last i checked, it's still pvp 4 for the main parts) cause we are not newbies. Talking about alts experience from PoV of vets who are pvp 10 full AA with one or more chars isn't revelant here. You have already knowledge of the game, knowledge of your class, knowledge of the best AA to take, of the best gear to solo grind before pvp t1, you have already inherited from the past years of the game. A true newb will start from nothing, will have nothing, and will be a prey dying over and over until pvp 4 or until he leaves the game (more probably)

I don't disagree but at least starting at pvp 4 you can compete for real now, without doing pve. But it feels like pvp 4 should be pvp 0, that's the thing. AA is pretty problematic too.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by Korando-AoC View Post
    But according to your and Phil77 logic, Funcom should again repeat the same fail they did with T4 gear, which was best gear for PvP on many classes until recent patch.
    Yes, t4 is/was superior like it should. I don't care where you use that t4 gear, if its pvp or lower tier raids. Funcom don't care either. Highest tier raid equipment needs to be superior to anything else. The way it is acquired have to protect its position as the superior equipment.
    You cannot kill t4 bosses alone but you can get the best pvp gear alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    I've said just that being good or terribad, this starter gear is out of reach of any true beginner, so he will have to handle :

- Experience gap : knowledge of class, maps, others class, movements...
    - AA gap (not normal)
    - Gear gap (not normal)

Against vets who have all this advantages in battle

We can't speak by ourselves about how it is easy or hard to reach pvp 4 (last i checked, it's still pvp 4 for the main parts) cause we are not newbies. Talking about alts experience from PoV of vets who are pvp 10 full AA with one or more chars isn't revelant here. You have already knowledge of the game, knowledge of your class, knowledge of the best AA to take, of the best gear to solo grind before pvp t1, you have already inherited from the past years of the game. A true newb will start from nothing, will have nothing, and will be a prey dying over and over until pvp 4 or until he leaves the game (more probably)
    But how many new players are actually here to pvp, and how many actually make it to 80 and sub? Everything your saying I get, but I don't see many new people in minis.

From someone who only has the 80 AA points and green/blue gear at 80, sure, they are prey. Your right about that, but then again you should be able to learn a great deal about AoC combat mechanics and classes if you actually level 1-80.

The problem with people getting farmed in minis is that it's not always newbs, but trash players who are playing classes offlined leveled and they have no idea how the class plays. And this normally is not a new player, but someone who has been around for years but can't seem to get any better. You can't help players like that, they don't want help and want to be bad. Lowering pvp gear requirements will not help this sect of players, and they will always be free kills, regardless of AA/class/gear.

*I don't farm new players btw, unless they are a threat I leave them alone, I only go for the players that matter as most decent players should.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Phil77 View Post
    Yes, t4 is/was superior like it should. I don't care where you use that t4 gear, if its pvp or lower tier raids. Funcom don't care either. Highest tier raid equipment needs to be superior to anything else. The way it is acquired have to protect its position as the superior equipment.
    You cannot kill t4 bosses alone but you can get the best pvp gear alone.
    Raids are for players who like to PvE. Mini games are for those who like to PvP.

If you want to get best gear for raiding then you do top tier raids.

If you want the best gear for PvP then you must PvP!

Also raids carry more players then mini games do. I hardly ever see players afk an entire game.
    I haven't done much raiding in this game and just about every raid I been in I saw noobs being carried and getting gear.

I'm glad hardly anyone else thinks like you do.
    Dorrak / 80 Barb - PvP 8
    Tartug / 80 DT - PvP 8

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast