Thread: Moving the dialogue texts.

Default Moving the dialogue texts.

Hi, I'm using a UI with 3 rows I like a lot how all is distributed at my screen but I have a problem in the Entity:

When the 3 adds spawm I can't see which one I'm targeting because a ****ing dialogue text appears on top of it. Is there any way to move the target name or the place where the dialogue text appears or just disable it?
    -> DT:Stiraqvcrn; Necro:Munyidora; ToS:Stiraqvaa; Guard:Stirameco; BS: Stiraqcanya, ...

If you see one Stira wipeing a group or a raid Its me

You can't move or disable that white dialog text. I had the same problem as you and what I did is enable the movable target's portrait in the HUD options and move it to a position where no text will appear.
    Defon (Guard)
    Nejoo (Guard) Areana (DT) Willamus (Conq)
    Ichkruchka (Demo) Defina (Necro) Defhid (HoX)
    Sagittaa (Ranger) Phaictan (Sin) Alunn (Barb)
    Defure (BS) Deforia (PoM) Nutiaret (ToS)

Quote Originally Posted by Areana View Post
    You can't move or disable that white dialog text. I had the same problem as you and what I did is enable the movable target's portrait in the HUD options and move it to a position where no text will appear.
    Clever solution, thanks
    -> DT:Stiraqvcrn; Necro:Munyidora; ToS:Stiraqvaa; Guard:Stirameco; BS: Stiraqcanya, ...

If you see one Stira wipeing a group or a raid Its me

There was an old post about this issue but I can't find it in the current forum, if memory serves you need to edit the Prefs_2.xml in the profile folder.

Path : \Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Funcom\Conan\Prefs\<lo gin_name>

Find the line below and increase the value to move the text up the screen.

<Value name="FeedbackGUI_FIFO_SubtitleScreenPos" value="200" />

No guarantees on this as I haven't had a chance to test it yet.

Edit: I've done a quick test and it works, a value of 900 places the subtitles in a good position for me & doesn't block any UI elements. The only problem is that FC seem to have recoded something & the game will reset the value to 200 when you launch unless you set the Prefs_2.xml file to Read Only status, which also prevents the saving of any other settings in this file.
    Last edited by Malvoleus; 11th April 2014 at 07:58.
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________________________
    The world we know is cold and hard; the weak shall be trampled underfoot and the strong will march forward to glory.

Or you can simply ingame type:

/option FeedbackGUI_FIFO_SubtitleScreenPos 900