Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My suggestions on a new membership system

Default My suggestions on a new membership system

As you will probably have noticed , the number of players leaving aoc is higher than the number joining hyboria.
    Many new players dont want to subscribe in order to enjoy every aspect of the game and so they either leave aoc or do some pvp at lvl 80 until they realize that as f2p you just dont have a chance.

These are my suggestions:
    (I will just list the most important points)

1)improving the f2p system: -acess to global chat
    -allowing them to send tell messages to everyone.
    -acess to all T1+T2 raid instances.

2)One-time payment: paying for a game is mostly not a big deal,
    but paying monthly if you want to enjoy it is a big point of criticism . Bringing the game back to stores for a fair price of lets say 30€ (41$) will also bring more people to hyboria.

People with a one-time-payment should have access to:
    -T1,T2,T3 instances
    -every group instance of the old world , including unchained mode.

Furthermore everyone who buys the godslayer expansion should have access to khitai areas , including every 6men dungeon.

Further rights : global chat , tell messages , unlimited gold (unlike 10G for f2p), access to AA advancement(if the expansion was bought)

3)Premium membership: - exclusive access to t3.5 , t4
    - 1 offline point for 2 paid days instead of 1 for 4 .
    - atleast -20% for items in the store
    - +25% AA and pvp experience
    -exclusive access to the new "hyborian race", if it will ever be released

A 6 month premium membership works out at £1.60 a week. The price of a cup of coffee. Even the tramps round my way can afford that.

Premium membership is not expensive but what we do have is a lot of people who want it all and they want it for nothing. The kind of people who grew up with the internet and warez sites where they took what they wanted, when they wanted it.

I'm of the opinion this game doesn't need people like that.

Most responsible people recognise that it costs money to provide this game and are prepared to pay a small recurring sum to access it all.

I agree that F2P players should have better chat privileges... though they should be prevented from spamming global (like maybe only be able to post 1 message every 2-5 min), they should have access to it. And if people send tells to them, they should be able to reply without being friends with the sender.

Like the majority of the boards it seems, I also think that all T1-T2 raids will be open to F2P, and I think there's a good chance FC will allow this soon. There's no point in allowing unchaineds despite the name being misleading; they are usually harder than Khitai HMs and a fresh 80 unsure whether he should subscribe or not has no business in them.

I think the gold limit is to combat gold sellers, but it would be good to greatly enlarge it, say to 200 gold in case there are some incredibly miserly and/or masochistic players out there who might wanna buy an old world mount.

However, adding more offline levels is entirely pointless and counter to game health. Older players already have way too many, and offline lvls is a big part of the reason why it's next to impossible to get a group for many of the lower lvl dungeons...

Discount on store items is also unneeded; we already get 200 FC points a month for subscribing. Instead FC should consider lowering prices in the store all over, particularly aa, potions etc which are way overpriced.

Imo, FC should add premium content which allows subscribers to get more bag and bank space. At the moment it's next to impossible to keep all the vanity, nostalgia items, alternate sets etc. I regularly have to delete items I get from unchaineds, WB, and both Khitai and old world dungeons because I run out of space, and that's on relatively fresh toons.

For example, Jiang Shi bag should be significantly buffed, you could get a good bag (70+ slots) as a reward in Dragonspine, or a quest to do all the dungeons in the game....

What do you expect from a game which doesnt care europen players. This game is not for europen players anymore. I started to play eso now. And i enjoy it without having +200ms. Maybe pvp is not good like aoc but atmosphere is more better and i pvp at least without having lag. This is my last visit of aoc forums.

My last advice to funcom ! Sell it to a company who can manage to pay server costs on europe. And a new server maybe. Otherwise europen players will leave aoc one by one. Only US players will stay and again ghost servers..

Fsen reports from Tamriel..
    Farewell Conan..

Quote Originally Posted by ygtturna View Post
    What do you expect from a game which doesnt care europen players. This game is not for europen players anymore. I started to play eso now. And i enjoy it without having +200ms. Maybe pvp is not good like aoc but atmosphere is more better and i pvp at least without having lag. This is my last visit of aoc forums.

My last advice to funcom ! Sell it to a company who can manage to pay server costs on europe. And a new server maybe. Otherwise europen players will leave aoc one by one. Only US players will stay and again ghost servers..

Fsen reports from Tamriel..
    Farewell Conan..
    That's really funny considering ESO's servers are in US as well until soon™... as well as people complaining about lag, and even server resets causing progress to be lost.

Moving to Buy to Play with optional membership would really not be such a bad idea. New people or people who never bought anything just make a 39$ one time payment.

People who formerly bought the full game and/or expansion should get full access to everything. Then keep on releasing paid issues like for TSW and keep the store as it is.

relaunch as "Age of Conan: Ultimate Edition" or something like that, for a nice marketing push

Quote Originally Posted by Manilavanilla View Post
    Moving to Buy to Play with optional membership would really not be such a bad idea. New people or people who never bought anything just make a 39$ one time payment.

People who formerly bought the full game and/or expansion should get full access to everything. Then keep on releasing paid issues like for TSW and keep the store as it is.

relaunch as "Age of Conan: Ultimate Edition" or something like that, for a nice marketing push
    Although I appreciate your idea, I don´t think moving to b2p like in TSW would be a good idea atm. b2p needs continous supply of content to be sold, and Funcom doesn´t have the needed ressources atm. They can barely handle supplying new content to TSW on a regular basis, let alone both games.

It´s sad but true, in TSW Funcom is selling new content, in AoC they´re selling old content. But they won´t make enough money out of AoC if they would change it to the TSW model.

However, imo Funcom should give free players more content like T1 and T2, maybe T3 and Khitai also (wether to buy or for free), but they should increase the cooldown of the reputation quests and the instances for free players, maybe one day for the 6 man instances, 3 days for the reputation quests and 14-30 days for the raids.

They also should tie more convenience to a sub, like 50% more AA xp, 20% more exp, faster offline training of AAs, such things. AoC is an enormous grindfest AA wise, so decreasing the grind would be really appreciated. They also should offer monthly subs in the item shop that could be sold in the trading post. There are enough goldsellers in AoC (who weren´t there if nobody would buy gold), why shouldn´t Funcom make some money out of it too ?

My 2 cent...
    Last edited by Karadok; 9th April 2014 at 07:41.

Free to play cannot have access to global. If that ever came about all the gold spammers would just use free accounts and spam would be 1000 times worse than it is now. Even if you limited there messages to 1 every 5 mins or 10 mins then you can be guaranteed that whatever the time limit is reached the spam would come.

At least now gold spammers have to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Aylis View Post
    Free to play cannot have access to global. If that ever came about all the gold spammers would just use free accounts and spam would be 1000 times worse than it is now. Even if you limited there messages to 1 every 5 mins or 10 mins then you can be guaranteed that whatever the time limit is reached the spam would come.

not if you ban the IP
    this is not impossible

Quote Originally Posted by Aylis View Post

So why not giving free players access to global for a one time fee ? Or give them access to global when they spent more than 10$ in the shop. So the gold spammers still have to pay and free players can use the global.

Funcom can also raise the gold limit via the shop. Win-win, imo.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast