Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: craft revamp status?

I don't know why. Following that logic, combat system is fail and so is the loot system and many bosses that have some part of luck in their fights.
    I don't see the problem is crafting system have part of luck in the process. As long as this part is not important, it could be only here to spice up the sytem and makes the thing more interesting than just gathering+clicking.

Exactly.
    It depends a lot on the design, what influence luck has though. (Base value + 1d6) is different than (base value +5d20). But seeing how funcom made combat dependand mostly on crits now, he has a point of being sceptic.

Quote Originally Posted by Redd View Post
    Crit chance crafting = luck based crafting = fail crafting
    What are your concerns?
    I´m a supporter of the luck-based crit-chance in crafting.

Today all crafters craft exactly the same item (e.g. "Ring of Luck") with exactly the same stats. The only diversity is the price when you want to sell ist.
    IMHO it would be nice to have the very little chance of crafting a slightly better version ("Improved Ring of Luck"), which will be very rare and so expensive.
    Of course, most players want to have the Improved Ring, but until they can have one, the need to take the normal rings - like they do today every day.
    Ich ignoriere die Beiträge von Zatochi und gehe daher nicht auf sie ein!

"Ich besteh ja zu 90% aus Ellenbogen und 10% Herz... Und Gehirn natürlich... nochmal 30, 40%. Durchsetzen - mit Charme und Köpfchen!"
    [Stromberg]

Das bin ICH!(That´s ME!) Meine Videos: Ein Tag in KhemiEin Tag in ConarchOutside Khemi

@Bibik, First of all those of you who compare crit crafting to crit chance combat system find a better comparison pls, since those 2 are totally unrelated systems. About the loot system being entirely luck based it is fail as well, like world bosses and unchained boxes, or not having and ability to buy raid weapons and accessories... been discussed already in other threads.

Lets use this example:

Person A uses the same mats/effort to craft the same item as person B but person B is luckier and gets a critical craft and his/her item ends up better. Makes sense.. NOT

It will make you grind even more for the mats until you get the "lucky" crit, and most of the non crit crafted items will not be attractive but rather trashed.

Plus it will favor those in big guilds who will have a higher chance getting crit buffs after boss kills and an advantage of higher tier guild city buildings for additional buffs while crafting.

This crit thingy reminds me on Diablo 3 crafting, where it was always a gamble how much you will roll on an item. Some ppl got an item they wanted within first few tries some never got it right just because they were not lucky enough.

Im not saying crafting shouldnt have a luck factor but having a crit chance is not good for sure.
    It should be a luck in a way of experimenting with different combinations (trial and error) until you find a good recipe, but once you have it, same mats should always provide the same item.
    Last edited by Redd; 27th March 2014 at 15:36.

I'm with Redd on this.

I remember the old gem crafting system which was luck based. You had to do multiple tries to get the gem you wanted. So, getting the item you want (the crit in the new system) was time consuming and grindy for several reasons. You had to farm more raw gems because you also needed them for all those fail tries and secondly the crafting itself consisted of several tries. Failed tries produced just bad gems and the only thing you could do with those is throw them away.

There was a reason why they changed that into a non-luck-based system.

I for one wouldn't by a non-crit item in a luck based crafting system. So, as it stands now, like with the old gem crafting system all non-crits will be ready for the garbage can.
    Defon (Guard)
    Nejoo (Guard) Areana (DT) Willamus (Conq)
    Ichkruchka (Demo) Defina (Necro) Defhid (HoX)
    Sagittaa (Ranger) Phaictan (Sin) Alunn (Barb)
    Defure (BS) Deforia (PoM) Nutiaret (ToS)

Quote Originally Posted by Amabala View Post
    In frustrated Mr. Incredible voice: 'It'll get here when it gets here!'
    Oh know, be carful, don't frustrate Funcom. We wouldn't want to hurt their feelings...

It's so nice playing games by companies that actually repect their customers and make that very clear. Feel sorry for people still playing this game.

I'm with Redd ans Areana, when it comes to crits or luck determining what kind of gem/Stat/bonus you get. It should not be about lottery and grind.
    But i am seeing things contraty, when it comes to try and error. If every once found combination delivers exactly the same item, it will be just the big guilds and grinders profiting (actually only a skillbased and charbound system with free trade that would not require raiding would give a scenario where those are not profiting from a change), because they find out the combinations. This will be neither skillbased, charbased or luckbased...just secrecy and grind based.

Imo, nothing speaks against critical chances, IF the effect is minor. So, if i have the mats for a +20 strength sword in average, the standard outcome should be 19-21 with a crit getting it to +22 max. There will be big guilds or some crafters spamming the market with +22 strength swords probably as Redd said, but the effect on the market will be minor, because the +19 swords are still a valid bargain for many people or enough for self-use, if you just wanted a strength sword.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 27th March 2014 at 17:02.

Quote Originally Posted by Areana View Post
    I'm with Redd on this...
    It's more because the old gem crafting was badly handled than luck-based craft being problematic imho.
    I expect the new crafting system being a whole part of the game, and not only something you do between two minis/dungeons/raids by clicking. Sure, the best items would be rare, and you won't get them probably by yourself but they will be obtainable by trading system and this will be better cause it will ressuscitate economy around crafteds items.

It's not because you won't get the best crafted items by yourself on day 1 that it will be a terribad system. I hope we will see players being dedicated to crafting (like players dedicated to raiding to get and sell rare materials, or PvPers doing the same) and not players doing all the process by themselfs, get their uber item and forget the system in the same time.

Crit % giving the best items won't be a problem as long as the number of crafters will be increasing with time (even with the rarest materials needed). The first days we won't see many of thems so prices will be totally insane but with the time and the numbers thoses items will be more common and prices will stabilize.

The majority of the people complaining about a small% chance to get a slighty better item, are the same ones that cheered the gear based 1.5+ of aoc. Your credibilty is shot, and you will now wallow in the pve shell of the game you helped run into the ground.

Seriously, pages of tldr complaining about a new crafting system that is light years ahead of what we have now, really?

Disgusting.
    Last edited by Loaf-of-Evil; 27th March 2014 at 19:06.

Lets use this example:

Person A uses the same mats/effort to craft the same item as person B but person B is luckier and gets a critical craft and his/her item ends up better. Makes sense.. NOT

It will make you grind even more for the mats until you get the "lucky" crit, and most of the non crit crafted items will not be attractive but rather trashed.

Plus it will favor those in big guilds who will have a higher chance getting crit buffs after boss kills and an advantage of higher tier guild city buildings for additional buffs while crafting.
    In this case you should not make the mistake to expect the improved version! You should expect the version you want to craft, because this is what you will get in 99% of all tries. This will be, this should be like it is today in crafting: You KNOW what you will get.
    You will get your “Ring of Luck” with “STRength +20’”
    You craft this item because you want to craft it, either for using or selling.

In the new version some people craft this ring, and they will always get the “Ring of Luck” as expected. If you really expect to have a critical success, you will be disappointed, like you will be if you expect special loot at a raidboss.

But in very few cases, a lucky guy will get an “Improved Ring of Luck” with STR+22 at the end of the crafting. Don´t expect it! But sometimes you will hear a “pling” and find the improved version and then you should be lucky!

This single success is a very valuable item! If you want to sell ist, you will find most items in the normal version for a reasonable price, and every crafter try to undercut the others because it is a mass-produced item. It will be grind like today with no chance of a nice surprise.

It could look like this in the tradingpost:

No code has to be inserted here.

As you can see, Seller "Det" has crafted som Rings and got a critical success which makes the item unique - for the moment!

If someone buys the improved version, all others will have to buy the normal version – or wait a long time to get the improved version.

Funcom, of course, has to take care of that you are not able to break down the crafted item without ANY LOSSES into the origin materials endlessly. If you are not satisfied with you “Ring of Luck” and you break it down to pieces, the have to ensure that you will loose a bunch of materials. If they don´t do this, the crafter will craft on until he gets the improved version. This would be a Fail!
    Another method to prevent this could be a pool of crafting points, like the “sprint bar” which will exhaust you for every crafting and regenerate slowly to prevent infite crafting.

Im not saying crafting shouldnt have a luck factor but having a crit chance is not good for sure.
    It should be a luck in a way of experimenting with different combinations (trial and error) until you find a good recipe, but once you have it, same mats should always provide the same item.
    They will always provide the same item - but with a 1 of 100 chance- you will get an improved version.
    And I´m not sure, if your combination will be a secret for so long. Like Raid-Tactics this secret will be made public after some time and then we will have the same status like today: everyone can craft the same item and it is sold only by the lowest price.
    Ich ignoriere die Beiträge von Zatochi und gehe daher nicht auf sie ein!

"Ich besteh ja zu 90% aus Ellenbogen und 10% Herz... Und Gehirn natürlich... nochmal 30, 40%. Durchsetzen - mit Charme und Köpfchen!"
    [Stromberg]

Das bin ICH!(That´s ME!) Meine Videos: Ein Tag in KhemiEin Tag in ConarchOutside Khemi

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast