Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Worried about the status of server Fury

u guys seriously want to disagree that fixing broken mechanics is the way to go?

k4nnyc might not be saying please and thank you with sweet little eyes, but looking for solutions isnt about politics, its about fixing the issue(s).

a pvper decides to grab aoc:

he wont want to grind 80lvls
    he wont want to grind 6mans to get gAAys
    he wont want to grind 10 pvp lvls on 12 different toons he be on par with vets
    he wont want to deal with hackers

--and on a side note, succesful pvp games flood their players with stats and achievements for pvping

hate to break it to you guys, but thats some facts which Funcom has failed to prove untrue

P.S. how the hell are new players gonna sub 3 years, and buy khitai, just to be competitive gear/AA wise
    Last edited by barbaricwildcat2; 24th March 2014 at 14:47.

Quote Originally Posted by barbaricwildcat2 View Post
    u guys seriously want to disagree that fixing broken mechanics is the way to go?

k4nnyc night not be saying please and thank you with sweet little eyes, but looking for solutions isnt about politics, its about fixing the issue(s).

Fixing the problems, great. Not caring if current customers leave, and ranting and raging like a toddler is not cool. The later part removes the credibility of his posts for most, as no one wants to read through that crap to get to the point.

hate to break it to you guys
    You're not breaking it to anyone, you're just apparently new and still naive when it comes to FunCom
    Get FunComed for 6 years then come post that again, especially the part where you want stats and achievements.
    ॐ ॐ ॐ

I feel bad about feeling good about that~

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf-of-Evil View Post
    3+ years ago I would agree. You seem to be ignoring the fact that if you get rid of the current customers, there will be no aoc.

We now have a dev who is actively working on pvp, while trying to balance the new/vet population. Your raging rants of posts are very old, and not helping in any way. Go to testlive and give your ideas where they can be heard, instead of acting like a child throwing a tantrum. "I want it now" *fists flailing*
    I wanted 5 years ago.

I'm right about Funcom, I'm right about what needs to be done, I've been right for years.

If you don't agree with the way I get my point across that's fair enough. I accept I could be more diplomatic in my approach. But! Like many others I'm pissed off and it seems that creating topics or subjects that are viewed many times has some effect. The memory cloud fix for example, I knew it was going to be fixed a good while before you guys. Because 1. I put constant heavy pressure on the 2 MC exploit threads. And 2. I sent many PM's to Funcom and certain Dev's and got told exactly what fix was coming and when. So while you don't like it, my approach (that of the pissed off customer) seems to work sometimes.

Dont defend funcom's laissez-faire approach to pvp development, that is unforgivable. And don't disagree just because I speak in a manner you deem unacceptable, that's much more petulant than you're accusing me of being.

Look at the problem and think of a solution that will work for everyone - then aim that at Funcom and keep firing.
    Last edited by K4nnyc; 24th March 2014 at 15:55.
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by K4nnyc View Post

Look at the proglem and think of a solution that will work for everyone - then aim that at Funcom and keep firing.
    Yes! AoC 2, with complete redone pvp! FIRE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf-of-Evil View Post
    Yes! AoC 2, with complete redone pvp! FIRE!!!!
    THIS IS SPARTA!!! *the small army of 300 pvpers charges upon Funcom*

Quote Originally Posted by AggroMagnet View Post
    naive when it comes to FunCom
    oh please, ur naive if u think this is a good time not to propose ideas when we have a dev who is doing concrete efforts to spin things around

oh please, ur naive if u think this is a good time not to propose ideas when we have a dev who is doing concrete efforts to spin things around
    Agreed. It's never too late to offer helpful and constructive criticism or suggestions.

Even though I don't PvP I would love to see a strong and healthy PvP playerbase, because honestly, Age of Conan should be THE ultimate PvP game. We should have 2 PvP servers for every PvE.

And...I dust this off every couple of years or so:

I still want a Gladiator Arena. I'd like to sign into a 1 Vs 1 queue, where I'd be pitted against another randomly drawn character of the same PvP level. People could come and watch and place bets and there'd be a server ranking for each pvp level that would have some sort of reward like the top guild rankings, that resets every week.
    That's the sort of thing that would get me into PvP.

No, im a realist

The dev doing concrete efforts is one person.
    Its good proposing ideas, especially now, but do some filtering before you propose something - there are things that can be done with the limited resources and manpower FC has, and things that arent likely to happen, ever.

For example, its one thing asking for the existing PvP stats on your character tab to be visible by everyone, and a completely different story asking for a complete overhaul with resets and whole new set of stats/achievements that would take the poor dev more than half a year to develop.
    ॐ ॐ ॐ

I feel bad about feeling good about that~

THIS IS SPARTA!!! *the small army of 300 pvpers charges upon Funcom*
    THIS IS SPARTA!!! The small army of Funcom developers charge upon pvpers.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast