Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Worried about the status of server Fury

The problem is not so easily simplified. It is a combination of a lot of bad things. For example i bet a lot of those "i left because of ganking" people would not leave, if either they had a chance to strike back or there would be more interaction between agressor and victim (more than "lol! gtfo l2p!") or there would be some reaction from the gameworld (not exploitable guards!) or fair statistics.

So unconsensual pvp alone is not the problem (for "some" it can even be motivating). Still it should not be something actively promoted and rewarded progressionwise (factionwise or renownwise is a different matter) by the gamesystem.

Quote Originally Posted by di85ll View Post
    Judging by how many posts say "I left because i was being ganked while fighting mobs ON A PVP SERVER"(duh), I conclude there is a maximum of 5 pvp'ers in the world that play this game.

PVP is dead because Funcom is CRAP GARBAGE at making pvp content. They completely crippled it. They even took out pvp white sands because of babies on here (like the ones in this thread) that didn't EVEN PLAY ON THE DAMN SERVER.
    You are right in some parts of your post.
    Funcom are to blame for the most.

But blaming the playerbase is a bit stupid. I think youre a clever guy and if you take a breath you will accept that.

As far as I'm concerned people left Fury (and the other pvp servers) because: There is no consequence system, there are many hackers and exploiters, there are no pvp systems, no pvp stats and the pvp progression was undermined by bori and gear force multipliers.
    They didnt leave because they are pvssies or fags. They left because the current game system is not fun. It's a few people with gear and AA having fun at every one else's expense.

Most of this is Funcoms laziness and inability to fix pvp. The rest is people hacking and exploiting.

This is why Fury and pvp as a whole is dead in AOC.

And to those who say there are no hacks or they dont influence the game that much. GTF!
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

sad it is; this is my last month in AoC; there is none to fight; no minis; not even lame pve.

in Crom is just pve, so bye bye again i quess.

Don't blame funcom
    pvp servers is dead because pvprs killed it.

that's the fact

not everyone want to pvp all the time.
    there are games for pvp only, this is a MMORPG, there is more to do than ganking other players.
    you can pvp in a pve server, minis are up most the time.
    if you want to pvp, find someone that wants to pvp.

pvp is fun yes, but there is a big gap between pvprs and new players that wants to pvp.

and no, this game wasn't made for pvp only.
    meh...

Quote Originally Posted by Belsvard View Post
    Don't blame funcom
    pvp servers is dead because pvprs killed it.

that's the fact

not everyone want to pvp all the time.
    there are games for pvp only, this is a MMORPG, there is more to do than ganking other players.
    you can pvp in a pve server, minis are up most the time.
    if you want to pvp, find someone that wants to pvp.

pvp is fun yes, but there is a big gap between pvprs and new players that wants to pvp.

and no, this game wasn't made for pvp only.
    IT IS FUNCOMS FAULT. YOU ARE WRONG.

They should put game systems in to prevent bad behaviour or to direct bad behaviour in a certain direction AKA the consequence system. They did not do this.

They should have developed pvp systems, stats, game types, top 50 X, nemesis, king of the hill, duel, 3v3, 12v12 ranked matches. They did not do this.

They should have had a more robust anti cheat policy, and delete hackers accounts, some people being hacking away openly for 6 years now. They did not do this.

They should have fixed bugs in a timely manner, not leaving 6 year bugs in game. They should have quality tested patches properly. They did not do this.

They should have listened to player balance/feat/class concerns and suggestions, instead of leaving broken feats and mechanics in game for more than half a decade. They did not do this.

DO YOU SEE A PATTERN HERE??? Not only did they not do any of these things, they actively ignored the TENS AND THOUSANDS OF POSTS REQUESTING STUFF LIKE THIS OVER THE LAST 6 YEARS. Refusing to comment or reply, taking the sub money every month and delivering less and less content each month.

So yeah, when people say it's not Funcoms fault. I laugh.
    Last edited by K4nnyc; 18th March 2014 at 00:31.
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by K4nnyc View Post
    pretty much that, guy saying its not FC's fault is just trolling

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgutter View Post
    sad it is; this is my last month in AoC; there is none to fight; no minis; not even lame pve.

in Crom is just pve, so bye bye again i quess.
    This is a MMO, its supposed to be a living breathing world with changes and updates on a regular basis. Right now, there is nothing in the horizon except some pvp gear changes and abillity tweaks that normaly should be done monthly under normal circumstances. a AAA mmo without a dev team is doomed to fail sooner or later.

I agree we can put blame on pvpers too. Usually pvpers in AoC are egoistical, unforgetfull, harsh and love to cheat.

Quote Originally Posted by lmagowz View Post
    I agree we can put blame on pvpers too. Usually pvpers in AoC love to cheat.
    thats a russian thing, before merging servers i had seen 3 hackers before, 2 of them russian. the non-russian still prowls the servers hacking for entertainment, not because he feels he deserves a competitive boost.

everyday i log on any player that keeps on spammin that i hack go on my signature for a day, most of them are russians.

Quote Originally Posted by K4nnyc View Post
    They should have just removed all elements of PvP from the game , seeing as they did not have the will or the resources to implement the systems in a way that would actually work. They did not do this.
    Drunkskunk (Sin) - Petridish (ToS) - Gwarnath (BS) - Tomatohawk (DT)

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast