Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Worried about the status of server Fury

Unhappy Worried about the status of server Fury

It is not without being worried i log in on Fury server. The number of players left since the latest free player transfer to Crom server is not healthy. When there only are 2 servers left in a game you really dont want to see any of them lose players.
    The World Boss events is a sure giveaway on how many players actually play on the servers. Latest Dragon´s Spine World Boss did in many cases not even fill up one raid, less spawn more than one instance. On Crom Server there are 7-9 different instances to jump between.
    I cant see how Fury server will stay alive if population keeps dropping. Its even hard to get any Hms going.
    What is being done to prevent this game to become a single server game? And is this the beginning of the end???

I really dont want this game to die within a year. With new MMORPGS incoming how can this be avoided? Why doesnt this game attract more people? Feel free to share your thoughts fellow players.

You might also ask why people left fury to go to crom? Some of it is population...but what started that in the first place?

I was on the pvp server for the first few years until khitai came out then I was unable to do solo questing in khitai without being ambushed by gankers while I was fighting mobs.

So I left the server. And never looked back.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post
    You might also ask why people left fury to go to crom? Some of it is population...but what started that in the first place?

I was on the pvp server for the first few years until khitai came out then I was unable to do solo questing in khitai without being ambushed by gankers while I was fighting mobs.

So I left the server. And never looked back.
    Same here.... when Aquilonia was merged with Fury, things went downhill fast for a casual PvP-er ..... mindless ganking all over the place made me jump to Crom on the very last day of free tranfers (so don't say I didn't give it a chance).

Never regretted the move (although I still miss a lot of people with whoever I played on Aquilonia of course ..... the guys of Clan Koragg and Hand of Ibis and a whole bunch more ...not even sure if they still play though).

Anyway... overall "PVP" mindset made me bail out.
    Being a barbarian is a tough profession. You cut heads, drink loads of beer and eat piles of meat ........... and then when you come home you got to keep the wife happy as well (*sigh)

first time since aoc's laucnh aoc is a getting a pvp patch

only prob with that is the playerbase isnt into pvp.

what im concerned about is that there is no marketing strategy to reach out to the gigantic customer base

(oh and me buddies cant play aoc on their macs)

I played the game for a few months when it first came out in 2008 and decided to re-download it in October 2013.

I think I had already tried most, if not all MMO's on the market and hadn't found one that didn't bore me after a week.

First, I created a char in fury and asked in /global, /nph, why I wasn't able to attack other players in Tortage, and they told me that could only be done in Rage, which was a gankfest,a dead server etc.

So I created a char in Rage and went to white sands expecting some nice pvp and... I found it,I got ganked so many times while I was fighting mobs (something I don't do, I like competitive pvp and always help my victim against the mobs it's fighting, and wait for it to heal before starting the fight), while I was turning in quests, and it was so fun, I died so much there, in conall, in wild lands, fotd... and loved it; the more I died, the more I wanted to become better and as I did, the more people called me hacker.

The sense of danger is a must for me, I can't play without it, and come on, this is Hyboria, it must be brutal.

I just hope that Funcom starts to take this game seriously and releases these updates soon, because with TESO coming out in 2 weeks AoC's population is going to decrease even more.

BTW, A day has not passed with me not playing AoC since October 2013.

Im haveing a hard time understanding why so many of the players in this game dont like open world pvp. This game is like made for pvp. Pvp is what makes the game so good. I really dont get it. The population on Fury is really low now, im starting to wonder if this is the end. Will the game still exsist until its 7th birthday next year? I doubt it actually.

Quote Originally Posted by barbaricwildcat2 View Post
    first time since aoc's laucnh aoc is a getting a pvp patch

only prob with that is the playerbase isnt into pvp.

what im concerned about is that there is no marketing strategy to reach out to the gigantic customer base

(oh and me buddies cant play aoc on their macs)
    AOC is not getting a pvp patch.

Its getting a few tweaks to pvp gear. Thats not a pvp patch.
    There are no system changes, no consequence system changes, no stat changes, no bori fix, no pvp bug fixes, no pvp content introduction.

So, its not a pvp patch....

Quote Originally Posted by Andistoteles View Post
    Im haveing a hard time understanding why so many of the players in this game dont like open world pvp. This game is like made for pvp. Pvp is what makes the game so good. I really dont get it. The population on Fury is really low now, im starting to wonder if this is the end. Will the game still exsist until its 7th birthday next year? I doubt it actually.
    People dont like OW pvp because the consequence system is fail and you can and are griefed. FFA PVP WILL NOT WORK unless there is a working consequence system.

There are too many force multipliers in pvp - gear, AA and poor class balance.

No guild pvp systems, no alliance systems, no pvp quests, no rankings or titles, bori removed pvp progression.

Thats how I see things and Its why I believe people dont like OW pvp. OW PVP in AOC is unfinished, still not finished 6 years post launch. And if im completely honest, I dont think funcom will get round to finishing pvp if the game survives for 20 years.
    Last edited by K4nnyc; 15th March 2014 at 16:34.
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

Lots of People like open pvp, but not many like to be griefed over and over again by a high lvl or a Groupe of 2-3 until they log off.

And lets be real about this pvp crowd is win at all cost no matter what, hence we can talk about what we are not alowd to talk about in this game,,3rd party program , we all know its alot of them out there and FC dont do anything about it at all..

And after FC moved server locations lots of People have really bad MS compered to what they used to have,people are warping around like it should be a game from Space.

so to sum it up:
    -3rd party exploits
    -Groupe raping in low lvl (you still need to pve to lvl up)
    -Bad MS for many (after server location)
    -Huge gear and AA gap between New and old lvl80 chars
    -And lets face it, the so called pro pvpers are some pro QQers also, pvp comunity is not a fun comunity to be a part of.

Well thats the main reason why i moved all my charr to Crom anyway

Fury server is more or less dead. Couldnt get a group even for Warmonk. Funcom does nothing to save this game. Its really sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Penny View Post
    Fury server is more or less dead. Couldnt get a group even for Warmonk. Funcom does nothing to save this game. Its really sad.
    Coz warmonk is shiet
    Funcom's Latency Detonation crits you for 4800 millisecond damage. Claret died.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast