Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: so why the hatred for demonologist

Default so why the hatred for demonologist

Soo...why the hatred for demonologist over on the non free to play newbie class forum? The stickied guide there basically says don't play it. I don't get this - it seems a class that is quick to understand which is what you want a new person playing at least until they understand the game mechanics when they might want to go to a harder/more interesting class.

Now I am only on like level 5 so I may be completely off base..but that is how it seems to me. Thought I'd ask though.

Too late answer that'll likely be no good by now:

I'm not saying don't play it. OK maybe I do, but it's in italic, you can't take italics seriously. I'm just saying it's a boring pewpew class that's powerful and easy and doesn't teach you anything except enemies die when applied damage.

Quote Originally Posted by zaldar78 View Post
    Soo...why the hatred for demonologist over on the non free to play newbie class forum? The stickied guide there basically says don't play it. I don't get this - it seems a class that is quick to understand which is what you want a new person playing at least until they understand the game mechanics when they might want to go to a harder/more interesting class.

Now I am only on like level 5 so I may be completely off base..but that is how it seems to me. Thought I'd ask though.
    there are 4 classes that funcom did wrong

demonologist
    necromancer
    tempest of set
    priest of mitra

main fault, they have no combos.

there is one class that started out correct and last game director shamefully destroyed into the most hideous class in aoc wich is ranger.

so 12-5=7 classes you can enjoy game with.

guardian
    dark templar
    conqueror
    bearshaman
    herald of xotli
    barbarian
    assassin
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by -tomhet- View Post

demonologist
    necromancer
    tempest of set
    priest of mitra

there is one class that started out correct and last game director shamefully destroyed into the most hideous class in aoc wich is ranger.

guardian
    dark templar
    conqueror
    bearshaman
    herald of xotli
    barbarian
    assassin
    To say you can't enjoy the game playing a caster class is a bit shallow.

Will agree with you that old ranger was much better than the current sucky class.

demonologist
    necromancer
    tempest of set
    priest of mitra

guardian
    dark templar
    conqueror
    bearshaman
    herald of xotli
    barbarian
    assassin
    well speak for yourself, everyones enjoying the game differently. I am sure there are lots of ppl who dont want to wait for a silly arrow to light up so they can press the coresponding button

if it suits your personal playstyle demo or other ranged classes can be fun to play but that is a very individual experience and decision.

best advice anyone can give is try any class that sounds interesting to you and simply give it a shot.

demonologist
    necromancer
    tempest of set
    priest of mitra

guardian
    dark templar
    conqueror
    bearshaman
    herald of xotli
    barbarian
    assassin
    To say that a class is bad unless it has combos, is pretty arguable.

i played my necro 240ish days, its piss easy class with overwhelmingly broken feat trees and broken/useless spells.

i linger it due to afinity to the death theme of class, but by far original intention of making lich(necromancer is hybrid of 2 concept classes) a 2 handed blunt weapon combo class would have been far more superior then the lame mechanics it has today, would have been much better to have necromancer a 2 handed edge scythe class more in tune with bearshaman/hox.

saddens me when i play my bearshaman that all the potencial features wich were intended for necromancer ended up on bearshaman.

its even worse that ranger wich was only class wich had ranged combos was totaly changed into the shiit it is today, they should have expanded the combo system to spells so spells have combo steps and use shield, meaning spells bing mitigated by shields and each spell hitting a particular side, but would be happier just to have pom/tos be more similar to dt with mix melee combos+spells, and necro more similar to hox with 2handed scythe.
    demo couldnt careless hes just a copy paste elementalist mage totaly generic.

so yeah pretty much most you will enjoy in game is the 7 melee classes, best class i played was old ranger with combos was most fun class i played.

that is how i feel about game, all the 4 magic dealing classes are boring and pale in the enjoyability the 7 melee classes have, and ranger is just a joke class revamped for gimps to enjoy.
    Last edited by -tomhet-; 16th June 2014 at 19:22.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

If you like nuking things, demo is great. I prefer my demo over any other class for pvp (if I do pvp, such as in raids).

My main is my bear shaman. My main tank is a guardian. My main caster is a demo. I also have a full hox.

So if you like it, go for it. You get to pick more classes anyway when you make lvl 80. Nothing wrong with having a class that's easy and enjoyable.

My main is a tos. I have to say, clicking buttons is clicking buttons... I don't know how anything can be as satisfying as hitting one key and one shotting with storm crown.

i prefer the mellee classes, but thats just because i dont like all the fireballs and **** flying around me lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast