Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Proposed class changes on TL. Interesting. (DT's be raging - guess why? lol)

I agree that DT's need VoM wound back a bit, maybe have one of the buffs for hate and another for health tap and the other two for dps. Removing all damage however would just make the perk pointless and add a new imbalance. With so many proposed changes to classes (not just DTs) so that new pvp armour works will only add new imbalances to PvE. Break a lot of things to fix other things- though nothing new in that.

Admittedly, all the fail DT's who main tank in their tiger chests and armourless accessories - while the healers struggle to keep them alive and the offtank struggles to get aggro, just so the DT can post their dps parse -have brought this on them self. Hopefully any change will get Dts focused back on aggro and surviving.. ie tanking.

I don't have a TL account nor interest in installing TL just to comment -but it is great to have the forums active with a popular topic and so much discussion going on the community.

wow, if they start balancing for PvP I might have to reinstall this.

Looking at the most recent balance proposal on TL forums DT's are getting a huge buff.

They're dialing back their crit rating a bit, but adding in +40% magic damage and 10% hate in 20 second bursts.

I swear FC don't even play their own game. Why do Guardians even exist now that DT's will be best DPS and best burst hate?

got to the point where reading all 500 pages was just too much,, but cant help thinking that instead of nerfing much of anything to balance pvp, couldnt they just increase the armor and perhaps the abilities that armor has that the squishier classes can wear in pvp to compensate ??

Either way i suspect that I must be crap at this game as it has taken me a while to become even a half decent tank on my Conq, because from what i read I should have been able to do it a long time back,

Dont know If i can realy be bothered re learning my toon again,, maybe it would be easier just to play a new game from the beginning ??

I play this for fun and relaxation it isnt a job and I dont expect that its life critical to be the absoulte best at what I do here, so when it gets not fun, then i will leave, as will others,,

Quote Originally Posted by lmagowz View Post
    LOL now they decrease TTS to 5 meters. What next, decreasing charge?

Now rogues can remove VoM stacks with Finely Honed
    Well, hello. I know ranger class a bit. I asked for this because I tought it was the honest move. I have enough of those bad ranger making lost of kills (on everything besides the tanks) with linebreak+ advantage + pen shot + TTS.

Those inevitable deaths you have to deal with were frustrating when someone does this while you're already busy fighting other people. And the ranger got a kill....for doing this from a safe spot, really ?
    I would still prefer for noobish linebreaker to gtfo from the game but that was not something possible right now, it's about the perks.
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

Quote Originally Posted by Derek-Drake View Post
    Looking at the most recent balance proposal on TL forums DT's are getting a huge buff.

They're dialing back their crit rating a bit, but adding in +40% magic damage and 10% hate in 20 second bursts.

I swear FC don't even play their own game. Why do Guardians even exist now that DT's will be best DPS and best burst hate?
    guardian = psyhical huge aggro tank,

dt = magic tank / dps class
    The Law

Quote Originally Posted by Religolibri View Post
    Well, hello. I know ranger class a bit. I asked for this because I tought it was the honest move. I have enough of those bad ranger making lost of kills (on everything besides the tanks) with linebreak+ advantage + pen shot + TTS.

Those inevitable deaths you have to deal with were frustrating when someone does this while you're already busy fighting other people. And the ranger got a kill....for doing this from a safe spot, really ?
    I would still prefer for noobish linebreaker to gtfo from the game but that was not something possible right now, it's about the perks.
    I don't like the 5m change, if it is the only change to the ability. It will make it useless for the purpose. Linebreaker can easily be solved (as other knockbacks), if you again calculate the effect of a cc combo at the end (!) of animation like in 2009/2010, so anticcs actually make sense (instead of relying on an unintended mechanic).
    A 5m change will only be acceptable with either a buff and/or making it a silver perk with effect diminishing over range instead. Personally i'd prefer it to have either totally different mechanics (replaced) or get an animation with short casttime.
    If linebreaker goes, i would not miss it much, but i'd like the melee shield bash buffed in return (e.g. make it a knockback without a white hit) and working sword and dagger mechanics.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 23rd February 2014 at 09:29.

I met you on test live event for the world bosses pvp event and it was nice to seen a skilled ranger going in melee range and using cc's not only for yourself and like you were suggesting using tts from melee range unlikely the nabs rerolers ,that are waiting at max distance,wait until you start fighting someone-pop out of hide linebreaker-penetrating shot with advantage fire-tts.
    Last edited by zeuss; 23rd February 2014 at 10:15.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    I don't like the 5m change, if it is the only change to the ability. It will make it useless for the purpose. Linebreaker can easily be solved (as other knockbacks), if you again calculate the effect of a cc combo at the end (!) of animation like in 2009/2010, so anticcs actually make sense (instead of relying on an unintended mechanic).
    A 5m change will only be acceptable with either a buff and/or making it a silver perk with effect diminishing over range instead. Personally i'd prefer it to have either totally different mechanics (replaced) or get an animation with short casttime.
    If linebreaker goes, i would not miss it much, but i'd like the melee shield bash buffed in return (e.g. make it a knockback without a white hit) and working sword and dagger mechanics.

are u kidding me, if u want OP **** ablity like TTS, there needs to be a downside, its ridicilous **** atm
    The Law

It's actually a good move. If you remember 1.6 most CC's and some DD abilities were only usable within 5 meters, this forced players to help the front line since like 90% of CC's needed to be basically close to melee range and players were unable to goon out CC's at range and hold an advantage over melee like before.

It also meant that even if you still decided to sit 30+ meters out you basically were at the whims of combat flow and could not control any one target to just steal kills without doing much contributing, which is basically how most people play rangers now.

Rangers have great CC's better used for the team than wasted on themselves to preserve KD, I say good, you want kills you need some risk involved to earn them, and it's easier to earn them supporting team mates rather than 30+ meters out ignoring them.

1.6 is so ingrained in me I still mostly play melee range with my demo, and I always thought it made me a better player.

*Linebreaker I think as a CC is ok, but it should not deal the kind of damage it does as a CC. Being as the range is only limited by how much +range a ranger can add, for being the longest range CC in game it's still fine as an end feat if it did minimal damage. KB is the best CC in game, and doing it from 30+ meters out is extremely powerful, it does not have to hit for 2k+ DPS for it to be balanced.
    Last edited by Suctum; 23rd February 2014 at 14:00.
    Doomsayer 2008