Thread: Coming back after a looooooooong break.

Default Coming back after a looooooooong break.

Hi,

So, I played the AoC beta in 2007...and nothing since.

Basically a brand new MMORPG for me at this point

I have two questions that I hope you can help me with please:

1) What's the server population like these days?

2) I would like to play a hybrid class - one that can tank *and* do dps (not at the same time), or one that can heal *and* tank. Like a druid in WoW, for exampe, or different souls in Rift - is this possible, and which classes offer those build options?

Thanks!

A.

Quote Originally Posted by Altissimus View Post
    Hi,
    1) What's the server population like these days?
    Welcome Back. Crom has a pretty good population. Can't say anything for the other server because I don't play on fury/rage, since I'm a filthy PVE player.

2) I would like to play a hybrid class - one that can tank *and* do dps (not at the same time), or one that can heal *and* tank. Like a druid in WoW, for exampe, or different souls in Rift - is this possible, and which classes offer those build options?
    Tank and DPS : Dark Templar is your best bet. Conq can also do the trick, but it's a less obvious answer.

The most Bulky / Tanky healer is probably the Bear Shaman, but again, it's not blatantly a Tank/heal class

Dark Templar played right can tank and do huge amounts of dps at the same time. Conq is more divided as you described with high dps in a dps build and a good tank in a tanking build. The conq has the ability as well to do in-combat rez' as well. As for heal classes, there isn't one that is a tanking one, the closest is the Bear Shaman, but can hardly count that as a tanking toon. All 3 healer types have different styles and they can all do good amounts of dps and heal. Crom is the server that seems to have to most people with a lot going on at all hours.