Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: We Need Generic Classes...

Quote Originally Posted by lmagowz View Post
    Try kill guard or dt with hox. Or try kill sin with demo.
    Yes lets take away all special abilities and classes and make everyone identical geared and take away any choices at all. Leave only skill. Sure, thats gonna be entertaining after the first month...

No new classes are needed. Although, maybe there are old spells/abilities from the original 24 classes that are sitting around in the database not being used?

For example, whatever happened to the Avatar of Set spell? Where the priest could transform into a giant snake? Or venom strike? Or maybe the Lich's Acheronian Abomination spell?

Lots of stuff might still be sitting in the database that could add on to the gameplay of the existing classes.
    Last edited by Pumpernickle; 13th February 2014 at 18:25.

Quote Originally Posted by lmagowz View Post
    Try kill guard or dt with hox. Or try kill sin with demo.
    It's Crom, there people still live in 1.5 where mages were OP
    Crom minis are full of mages and tanks, but people focus 100% on tanks and let mages to nuke freely whole time

Thats why Mages are called OP only in Crom

~ Jin-
    The Law

Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post
    It's Crom, there people still live in 1.5 where mages were OP
    Crom minis are full of mages and tanks, but people focus 100% on tanks and let mages to nuke freely whole time

Thats why Mages are called OP only in Crom

~ Jin-
    On other side, at least they FOCUS tank with flag on Crom. On Fury, most of people on mini think like "tank with flag? let him run away, we need kill some clothes".

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpernickle View Post
    For example, whatever happened to the Avatar of Set spell? Where the priest could transform into a giant snake? Or venom strike? Or maybe the Lich's Acheronian Abomination spell?
    Stuff like that I would like to see.
    Either as AA, or even better, by feats which use AA points instead of normal feat points.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiwan View Post
    What? it is probably patently ridiculous because of you can foresee you are not going to get your cookies...

No game doesn´t need more classes what for? Aren´t 12 of them enough? Of course there can be some individuals who would like to have more and more... but there is really no need for it.
    No, I'm simply stating what seems obvious to me... If the vast majority disagree, so be it. But I stand by what I said that any RPG has to have balance based on four architypes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathothis View Post
    Which is a good reason for opening existing archetypes to races which do not yet have access to said archetype.
    On this at least that, I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    Classes are polished at the moment. It has the ideal setup, and no other game can beat that. Every character feels different.
    True. Also true with regard to any other game. IMHO, this is the only MMORPG that has any kind of Melee Combat System. All others have preset buttons... nothing else compares.

But, my desire for the new, more generic classes is at least voiced...

The classes as they stand tend to be very, very culturally based. Priest of Mitra is only, for instance, available to an Aquilonian. What about other Gods? Such as Dakato in Stygia? Would they not have healers? Generic Classes would be available to any race... that's all...
    Last edited by wancow; 14th February 2014 at 00:07.

Quote Originally Posted by wancow View Post
    .. What about other Gods? Such as Dakato in Stygia? Would they not have healers? ..
    uhm, well, there is a Tempest of Set (another God *hint hint*), you know..
    aka Morte.. Morce.. Morte.. Morce again.. bah, whatever..

not all Stygians worship Set

Too, it rather limits expansion of the game if you're limited to these character classes, especially in the Mage/Priest architype.

I'd LOVE to be able to play a Vanir, for instance, or a Nemidian...

Too, it rather limits expansion of the game if you're limited to these character classes, especially in the Mage/Priest architype.

Well, that's an issue of distinguishing between game mechanics on the one hand, and RP on the other hand.

This game has had its share of Vanir, priestesses of Derketo, and Picts. I even had a guildie who made a warrior from the Black Kingdoms - I wonder how long he tinkered with the character creation tool, since it doesn't really allow you to create a black person, but it somehow worked.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

as Rathothis wrote, people managed to roleplay even without having their role made as some designated character class
    aka Morte.. Morce.. Morte.. Morce again.. bah, whatever..

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast