I am attempting to run a little RP plot on Crom. Everyone, from light RPers to the most hardcore, always IC, players, is welcome to tune in.

The project is based on investigation but I wish to include some dungeons runs in the storyline. But, should many RPers chose to join in this plot, how to have only six men groups organized, when there might be a dozen players willing to try their hands at it? Further more, there aren't many chances to get numerous players online at the same time, especially now that servers have merged and many log in from almost opposing timezones.

Well, here's the idea; the rumors concerning this plot line will be world-wide and everyone will be allowed to advance it. I will try to coordinate the progress, but other players' input is more than welcomed and incouraged. I do have my own goal for this story, I am trying to narrate something, but this narrative is porpusedly left a little loose, so that others may add their own suggestions and ideas.

For instance, should a dungeon run be needed, I won't focus on a single one but rather put up a tier of places players will be asked to clear in order to advance the plot. Alternatively, since it is a RP plot after all, there will always be an investigative path in alternative, for characters that are not combatants and want to avoid battle.

To fully allow this - full avoidance of battle if you so desire - I'd like to introduce a simple concept: account-wide companies. What I mean by this is that I would like players to use their alts. Build small contacts and connections between your own characters so that, should a battle prove to be too hard a hurdle for your current group, you can tell them your character knows someone that may help. Then simply alt and RP something with them in that direction. Imagine roles within this company, small archetypes, if you will. Say you have: 'Brutes' - tanks OOC, warriors IC, centered on fighting and overcoming issues by force.
'Sages' - IC lore masters, seers, men of knowledge and culture, alchemists and advisors. OOC mages! Since it's a low fantasy lore, mages can't quite throw fireballs all over the place but this way, they have their way to help.
'Informants' - our good old Rogues OOC, IC they can serve about any purpose, from spies to theives, from traders to assassins.
'Surgeons' - IC and OOC healers. Maybe your Brute got wounded IC, you want one of these toons to help. Their knowledge could complement that of Sages in the field of anathomy.
These are just models. Come up with your own roles for characters within your account. Imagine connections between them.

Ideally, I'll be online on Mitridatesh to help and partecipate, to work out how to implement people's ideas. If I'm not, however, use your imagination! These events across Hyboria can have almost limitless branching. So just go for what entertains you the most.

In order to keep track of what has been dealt with, all I ask is a few screenshots and details:
*one screenshot at the dungeon's entrance with a bit of introduction (post something in say, so I can see the bubble - it's enough to have something like "They entered -place- and began investigating..." or "Soon, as they advanced, they met resistance and had to fend off foes").

*a second screenshot with the object of interest: say I needed a given boss killed or captured for the plot or an item obtained and analyzed, take a shot of it being defeated or gained. Write a bit of comment to, if you feel like it. Nothing fancy, if you're not inclined. "The successfully stroke -Boss- down and swiftly proceeded to tie him and question him" or "They found a locked chest, managed to pry it open and took hold of-item of interest-"

*tell us about who came along, so that when I compose a bit of chronicle of the events, your names are all properly credited. This can be anything from a small description to a full-on biography. Give yourself a title, if you like. That way, I can update the plot with something like: "So -character name-, The Farseer, observed the ward and decyphered its meaning"

*spread this rumor!Use this forum. It's free, all players have full access to it and we can all log on and read it. It's an ideal tool to work with, so as you RP in hubs and instances of Age of Conan, should you mention this, just drop a tell OOC with a link to this thread or the one in the IC RP portion -

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...57#post2083057

That's it. Enjoy and keep in touch should you chose to give this a try!