Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: World Bosses, future benefits for PvP?

Default World Bosses, future benefits for PvP?

Does anyone know if any of the telemetry Funcom are getting from the world boss events could be used to optimize the game for Siege PvP? I know the code in the Siege PvP is a nightmare, but overloading the servers with people should still give an indication of where the bottlenecks are. And it's not as if each instance of the bosses isn't absolutely packed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotrix View Post
    Does anyone know if any of the telemetry Funcom are getting from the world boss events could be used to optimize the game for Siege PvP? I know the code in the Siege PvP is a nightmare, but overloading the servers with people should still give an indication of where the bottlenecks are. And it's not as if each instance of the bosses isn't absolutely packed.
    not likely. there are no development resources and fixing sieges isn't even on their radar

Fury don't have enough people who care about sieges. Crom have crazy amount of people, but they don't care about sieges too

OK, even if it's not Sieges, then some sort of mass PvP brawl event. The world bosses have shown there will be popularity for new events (even though that may be down to the draw of Legendary loot), and it just seems a waste not to put the data they've collected to some good use.

Why does everyone need Funcom to create content. PvP creates itself if you go after it.

All I have to do (and this is on a pve server) is send a few tells to guildies and friends that people are in CE, we'll go in 2v6 or 3v6, fight the 6, they get more, we get 1 or 2 more, and we'll fight 4 or 5 vs 6-10 for hours on end until we get sick of it or they leave.

Sometimes we actually kill someone who gets mad and has some leverage and it will turn into 6 vs 20, at which point we get more...

The problem is that every server is full of people who don't care about world pvp and would rather limit themselves to minis for whatever reason, the only reward I need from pvp is the actual pvp and some of the tells/global that follow it
    Doomsayer 2008

You know a better idea for the bosses would be to have all 12 periodically spawn randomly at different locations, that way whilst we hunt them people who are lazy will get there capes last but the other folks can hunt down that legendary cape sooner.

I missed the first dragon so I don't see any point in trying for the second protient.

Why are these world bosses not stacked so by the time the 12th month rolls around people coming into the game for the first time or folks taking a break or people whom are not aware of this quest can get them all done at once?

Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHole View Post
    I missed the first dragon so I don't see any point in trying for the second protient.
    So you missed the first boss. No big deal. It will take you 13 months instead of 12 as you already missed the first. I don't see any point on giving up because you will get your cloak 1 month after someone else does.

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    Why does everyone need Funcom to create content. PvP creates itself if you go after it.

All I have to do (and this is on a pve server) is send a few tells to guildies and friends that people are in CE, we'll go in 2v6 or 3v6, fight the 6, they get more, we get 1 or 2 more, and we'll fight 4 or 5 vs 6-10 for hours on end until we get sick of it or they leave.

Sometimes we actually kill someone who gets mad and has some leverage and it will turn into 6 vs 20, at which point we get more...

The problem is that every server is full of people who don't care about world pvp and would rather limit themselves to minis for whatever reason, the only reward I need from pvp is the actual pvp and some of the tells/global that follow it
    While I tend to agree, consider the fact that playfield design and low population killed open world pvp. There is a reason kesh oasis saw 95% of open world pvp.

Given that open world world pvp is dead, the only thing left is minigames and sieges. Minigames are a solo pvp activity so the only guild vs guild activity is sieges.. which are beyond broken.

Some of the best conflict drivers is guild vs guild drama, which is basically dead in this game. Guilds are nothing more than a common chat channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    I tend to agree with you but not entirely either. At one point, when gear matters, spending your time doing content that, though fun, doesn't reward you is problematic. Not fundamentaly because you want rewards, but because you'll need them to compete to the kind of PvP you fancy.

The amount of player willing to do 'useless' stuff when they could do 'usefull' stuff for their character is limited. If you add to that, like twinklez3 said, that guilds are only common chats compared to what you had before...

The guild dominating open-world pvp on my initial server stopped playing when what they enjoyed came to be tedious rather than fun. They wouldn't do minis at all, found no fun in that. So slowly became undergeared and fed up from waiting for people to come out of minis only to fight 5 minuts before they ported out to the next one.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

But right now we don't have any guild what can really dominate in world pvp, because every guild lose good amount of people

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast