Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: World bosses ruining the game

I think the 122 slot bag thing is meant to be like a promo for that bag. I mean, i have been farming dragons like crazy. and only once did I see a player pop the trader that offered me that bag. so now i have that bag on one char. my 11 other chars don't, so I am already thinking about buying the bag accountwide.

It's like a drug dealer, give a small taste of awesome so people need it all the time
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

They did it for some things, but not for all. And knowing them, they will not do it for the really nice things...

And all the negative points could easily be avoided by design...either by quest reward choices, side quests or tokens. Or at least tweaking the spawn rates and loot lists.
    I still do not like, that such bosses are designed as "farm" content...kind of ruins the atmosphere, immersion and lore totally.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Derek-Drake View Post
    I've been chasing the dragon pet on my account since the dragon bosses started. Over 500 dragon kills later
    This could not have possibly been what FC intended with these events.

The willingness to mindlessly farm by pver's is extraordinary and that's why a cooldown needs to be put in place. I'm sure the content loses its special feel after the first few kills let alone hundreds.

--4 Hour cooldown.

It's easy and simple just add it to the dragon slayer buff, It will allow for newer players who don't know how to navigate instances well enjoy the content, and it will also hopefully put a muzzle on the mindless farmers that ruin the speciality of the prizes from these events.
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Oh cmon. Whats wrong with mindless farming? Is it really a farm when you are lucky to get two dragons in an hour?

I watch tv, read my book or alt tab to internet while waiting. I talk to guildies and watch global.

How does it hurt anyone to have other people in game trying to get a nice social pet?

I totally disagree with any sort of cooldown. I don't want to bring my nongeared ranger for loot, I want the special stuff on certain characters. Its hard enough to get good material let along being limited to a couple times a day.

I see a lot of sixmans and raids up for people. At least as many as usual. So I don't see why people want to limit the dragon kills.

I'd just like to drop off some of the older stuff from the loot table. Like four hour foods and void essences.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post
    Oh cmon. Whats wrong with mindless farming? Is it really a farm when you are lucky to get two dragons in an hour?

I watch tv, read my book or alt tab to internet while waiting. I talk to guildies and watch global.

How does it hurt anyone to have other people in game trying to get a nice social pet?

I totally disagree with any sort of cooldown. I don't want to bring my nongeared ranger for loot, I want the special stuff on certain characters. Its hard enough to get good material let along being limited to a couple times a day.

I see a lot of sixmans and raids up for people. At least as many as usual. So I don't see why people want to limit the dragon kills.

I'd just like to drop off some of the older stuff from the loot table. Like four hour foods and void essences.
    I've managed to finish two books and catch up on several documentaries while farming all of these dragons. My kindle has had more use this last week than the last couple months combined.

It's not like I'm just sitting there blankly staring at the screen while sitting on the res pad. I already know when and where the next dragon is going to be so I'm not one of the mindless zombies dropping "Hey gais, where's the next dragon" into global every 15 minutes.

Besides, I pay my sub, and I'll decide how to spend my time.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartek View Post
    It dosnt matter what time I log in, all I see in global is this.

X up Dragon

+ Dragon

Drake in Nu

Drizzy Drake in epsilon

X dragon

X dragon raid

X Raid + drake

Drake Raid

Dragon X up

X

+ Dragon Drake Nu Alpha Beta Gamma Delta epsilon, all the way to Omega
    You don't like ganking?

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post
    Maybe just maybe you aren't meant to have every item in the game.

The reason why these items are so desirable is because their rarity. By farming them like peasants you are killing the rarity and desire for others. How do you not understand that some guy doing it 500 times in one week is not how it was intended.

Also I'll repost what I said in my previous post as it also answers your question "It will allow for newer players who don't know how to navigate instances well enjoy the content, and it will also hopefully put a muzzle on the mindless farmers that ruin the speciality of the prizes from these events."
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Oh, and if someone can't figure out where to sit for the dragon, just do what I do when I first start and nothing is up in guild chat.

Go to noble district, check out the instances. Make a list of the spawns in global and the time involved (each one should respawn about 2 hours later plus 1 to 20 minutes). Change instances til you find one where people are sitting by the dragon spawn. If you go into an instance with tombstones that means a dragon was killed already (idr cooldown on tombstones). If you find an instance where a bunch of people are sitting, stay there. Maybe get into a raid or group if offered and then you can follow them around.

If nothing else, sit in an instance and eventually it will spawn, generally within 2 hours. Read a book, watch a documentary, watch TV, do laundry, wash the dogs...whatever.

The dragon pet is likely only up for one week and won't be available again for another year unless Funcom puts it in the item shop. I am farming for that item, not for the things I can get the rest of the year.

I don't see how going to the dragon 10 times a day is ruining the items rarity issues for other players. In the entire week I have seen two new weapons posted in global: a guard shield and a conq sword. I don't know of any other purple new weapons.

If you don't like it why not just impose a four hour cooldown on your own characters and let the rest of us enjoy this event?

Quote Originally Posted by Petridish View Post
    Let's go start our own MMO, with blackjack, and hookers.
    I get the futurama refrence. Just sayin.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast