Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: More on PvP Gear vs T4/Crafted

Default More on PvP Gear vs T4/Crafted

There is a much more simple and effective solution to correct the imbalance between t4/crafted gear and pvp t3 gear. This will also help to correct the imbalance between new and veteran players, inviting more players to stay and enjoy playing AoC pvp.

I'll keep this brief, as anything simple should be. Give a minor boost to pvp t3 armor. Give a moderate boost to pvp t3 weapons (all types) and accessories.

Now, close the gap in stats between pvp t2 and t3 gear (especially weapons,) and then close the gap in stats between pvp t1 and t2 gear.

Don't even bother introducing a new grind to the game (pvp t4 gear) until this is done and a new tier of pve gear is introduced.
    "Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." --Robert E. Howard

Thumbs up

I would agree with this completely, the gear gap is already so insanely high already let alone with another tier of gear.
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

How would u close a gap between pvp t2 and t3? We're talking 1% mitigation and 7-8 more dps. This is the old world progression stat wise, not khitai.

Add Crit Rating to PvP T2/T3 chest and legs (around 40-45 for T2, around 50-55 for T3), and slightly buff Combat Rating / Magic Damage on all PvP T2/T3 sets.
    For tank sets, don't increase Combat Rating and add Crit Rating only on chest.
    Nerf protection on PvP tank sets.

All problems solved about gear.

For weapons, tune PvP T3 weapons to PvE T4 damage level (or just slightly less), but give to them a good amount of constitution and eventually armor / protection.

It's pretty pointless to introduce PvP T4 sets without solving problems with T2/T3 sets first, considering it takes a lot of time to get these sets and they are worth for only 5 classes (tanks, barb, BS).
    Last edited by Korando-AoC; 19th December 2013 at 11:03.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

put new stats on pve gear:
    +pve combat rating/magic damage
    +pve protection/armor

problem solved

As I've said it before and I'll say it again; the protection on every pvp set is there to match the armour. So if FC means for a class to have 50% mitigation vs physical attacks, the class will also have almost 50% protection (it's 55ish mitigation vs 49.9 protection on my conq with BB ring). And I rather they nerfed the pve gear for pvp than buff pvp gear with some ridiculous crit ratings all over.
    If you want to add something fun to the sets instead of the boring khitai progression, then give fatality ratings (nothing like chopping some1's arms and head off for that extra aggro), 1-5% extra dps for x combo, spell, whatever.
    Last edited by SamHam; 19th December 2013 at 13:22.

Quote Originally Posted by SamHam View Post
    As I've said it before and I'll say it again; the protection on every pvp set is there to match the armour. So if FC means for a class to have 50% mitigation vs physical attacks, the class will also have almost 50% protection (it's 55ish mitigation vs 49.9 protection on my conq with BB ring). And I rather they nerfed the pve gear for pvp than buff pvp gear with some ridiculous crit ratings all over.
    If you want to add something fun to the sets instead of the boring khitai progression, then give fatality ratings (nothing like chopping some1's arms and head off for that extra aggro), 1-5% extra dps for x combo, spell, whatever.
    No. Even if PvE sets get completely nerfed to be not usable in PvP, current PvP gear is not balanced at all.
    Casters in PvP gear do crap damage and die like a fly vs immortal tanks.

You play conq, I know changes I suggested would hurt you, but they are needed imo.

I have tried to play my DT a little and I died of boredom for how it is ridicolously immortal, even in PvE gear with less than half of the Prot PvP set has.
    Don't really wanna imagine what is the feeling of playing a tank with PvP 7+ gear. What K/D you can have? 10:1 by carryng flag and focusing objectives?

We must be objective, not continue to defend our classes.
    Last edited by Korando-AoC; 19th December 2013 at 13:33.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Quote Originally Posted by Korando-AoC View Post
    No. Even if PvE sets get completely nerfed to be not usable in PvP, current PvP gear is not balanced at all.

You play conq, I know changes I suggested would hurt you, but they are needed imo.

I have tried to play my DT a little and I died of boredom for how it is ridicolously immortal, even in PvE gear with less than half of the Prot PvP set has.
    Don't really wanna imagine what is the feeling of playing a tank with PvP 7+ gear. What K/D you can have? 10:1 by carryng flag and focusing objectives?

This is true. Casters and some other classes have crap for dps when in full mini game gear and accessories. In full mini game gear I have less than 1,000 magic damage, and that's with 2 t3 weapons. It would be even less with pvp 10 weapons.

Anyone who can't see when tanks can be more of a dps threat than a dps class is there is a fundamental problem with balance, either with a class, or with the gear as we all know has and remains to be the case.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Korando-AoC View Post

So that's the gear's fault in your opinion? Not the class? Lol And no, since I'm no KD whore I am at 3:1

Quote Originally Posted by SamHam View Post
    So that's the gear's fault in your opinion? Not the class? Lol And no, since I'm no KD whore I am at 3:1
    I'm not saying it's ONLY gear fault.
    But if you sum up gear and class balances, it emerges clearly that all classes in PvP gear are obviously not balanced.

The big gap between PvP gear and T4/Kithai gear is the DPS, mostly due to the complete lack of Crit Rating on chest and legs part (and ofc also to less combat rating / magic damage).

PvP gear doesn't need another tier.
    PvE progression is based on gear, PvP progression is (should) be based on skill, and 3 tiers are enough considering the tiem it takes to get PvP T3 gear (2 years by playing only minigames).

Problem with PvP gear is that it was developed with similar progression of PvE T1-T3 gear, with just slight changes in already existing stats.
    The big DPS jump that was bring by Kithai gear with extra stats (mostly crit rating) on some parts was never applied to PvP gear.

By adding Crit Rating on chest and legs to PvP gear you would already fill a lot of gap with T4 gear.
    The second point is to better adjust survivability and DPS according to archetypes.
    Tanks need survivability nerf. Period.
    Protection on PvP sets is insane.
    Armor is comparable tro PvE gear, protection is just way too high.
    So it should be nerfed.

Also I would not add crit rating to tank legs, cause tanks don't need extra DPS considering they have already extra survivability.

These would be adjustment fast to implement.
    Funcom should just understand thatr they would bve positive.
    Last edited by Korando-AoC; 19th December 2013 at 22:30.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast