Thread: Why is the Thirsty Dog Inn in the corner of the map?

Default Why is the Thirsty Dog Inn in the corner of the map?

Always wondered this? Why isn't it in its own separate instance? Why is it put floating above the water in the corner of the map?

My guess is that they didn't want people to have to wait on a long loading screen when zoning back out from the inn into Tortage city. When the game was launched, few people had SSDs and loading screens could be a nightmare (plus the game was more likely to crash when zoning between playfields).

cynara is correct

Thirsty Dog Inn had its own instance at first, but they got rid of it to lessen the time spent loading during your hours in Tortage. It was a good decision, imo.
    Operator irc.funcom.com:6667 #ageofconan #thesecretworld
    We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
    We ran to the sounds of the thunder.
    We danced among the lightning bolts,
    and tore the world asunder
    Dysphoria - Murky Templar - Icoyce - Herald of the Black Kraken - Eriphyle - Shebearman

And also because it is bigger on the inside.

for the same reason the nightmare bubble "instance" is in the corner of the Paikang map
    aka Morte.. Morce.. Morte.. Morce again.. bah, whatever..

Quote Originally Posted by --Walt-- View Post
    Always wondered this? Why isn't it in its own separate instance? Why is it put floating above the water in the corner of the map?
    Damn all those invisible walls devs added during the years. I would love to explore this from the outside!
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

Quote Originally Posted by Naerri View Post
    Damn all those invisible walls devs added during the years. I would love to explore this from the outside!
    Still possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Fass View Post
    Still possible.
    Shshshshshshhhhhh
    I don't make points I make dents.