Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: white sands level 80

Quote Originally Posted by Argantes View Post
    oh yes, this crap again..blah blah, I hate open world pvp, I was ganked, giggity...
    The fact remains that most against white sands in this thread have a pve tag. Stop fooling yourself, as the mass exodus happened way before tortage pvp was disabled on the pvp server, and it was caused by fc's bad pvp decisions. Pvp was disabled because pver's were getting ganked, and the gd at that time was a pve/wow enthusiast who went out of his way to make pvers happy.

At this point, the main question I have is, why are so many pvers cming in this thread, trying to force their opinion as absolute, about white sands pvp on a pvp server that will not effect them at all?

You obviously rolled on a pve server, as open world was not for you. So why whine and complain, trying to ruin it for everyone else?

I'm on a pve server and had no issues with having a pvp server opening up white sands for pvp...just suggested that funcom have some sort of notice for those going in that its a pvp enabled zone and that players going in can be attacked by players higher than they are. That way new players don't quit in frustration when they get ganked at lvl 7 by a lvl 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf-of-Evil View Post

You obviously rolled on a pve server, as open world was not for you. So why whine and complain, trying to ruin it for everyone else?
    I personally moved most of my chars (after 4 years) to PvE server because the last PvP one became a slowly dying russian infested cesspit forcing the majority of my friends and (ex)guildies either to move to Crom long before me or to stop playing AoC completely, but that´s another story give me Aqui of the years 2008-2009 and I´ll move there in a blink of an eye (and just fyi, everyone was ganked there at some point)

also having a bonus latency of 100 ms after the server moves to US doesn´t help PvP much neither, so why bother.. but still got few chars on Fury, in case some miracle happens..

when it comes to PvP in lowbie areas, history of AoC already taugth us, that this game got some pretty non-functional consequence system, that can be exploited from both sides, high levels and low levels as well.. and do you really believe in those hordes of pvp-hungry lvl 30-80s marching there only for the equal level PvP during those 11 out of 12 months in a year, where there won´t be any world boss in WS? most open world PvP comes from players in +/- the same level bracket while questing, going to instances etc., where non of it can be found in WS for players above lvl 20-25

also I wasn´t advocating against anything here, in my very first post I just tried to open eyes for someone, who most probably hasn´t been there and thus got no idea how things worked back then
    Last edited by Argantes; 13th December 2013 at 07:55.
    aka Morte.. Morce.. Morte.. Morce again.. bah, whatever..

Oh, and as for the 'it won't affect the pvers'...if new players go to Fury and get ganked in WS by lvl 80s and rage quit (with or without going to global and being informed of the facts of life before or after getting farmed). then the loss of new players will impact the entire game, not just the pvp servers.

Not saying you need to turn it off, just that Funcom could put up a popup at the white sands boat (once only) that you are entering an area where your fellow players of any level can attack you while you are in that zone. It can be prettied up to be RP.

I was never an advocate of turning off pvp in Tortage, just suggested that they have some sort of warning posted for it.

Just make 2 instances of White Sands, the first for lvl 25 and below and the second "unchained" instance where everyone else goes where it can be a free for all. That way all the lowbies don't have to worry about getting killed by lvl 80's.

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    Just make 2 instances of White Sands, the first for lvl 25 and below and the second "unchained" instance where everyone else goes where it can be a free for all. That way all the lowbies don't have to worry about getting killed by lvl 80's.
    Perfect. Giggity.

Perfect. Giggity.
    no! lvl 19 and lower plz!

LOL...Morce is probably one of the oldest veterans originated on PvP servers and he can tell you the whole history of AoC! So show some respect boi =P
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

Quote Originally Posted by Naerri View Post
    LOL...Morce is probably one of the oldest veterans originated on PvP servers and he can tell you the whole history of AoC! So show some respect boi =P
    You wish, guy did nothing more than poitain farming and crying on global on PvP servers

~Jin
    The Law

Quote Originally Posted by Hoxa View Post
    Twinked up level 25's at white sands and underhalls have done more to make people leave this game than any FC bug ever could.
    I've leveled up 10+ characters on white sands on pvp servers and never had a problem with griefing. I think most people didn't. It was so easy to avoide pvp if you wanted to, just hide. The OP players would just leave you alone usually anyway because the noobs were pretty obvious. Just the one or two vocal PVE players like yourself got the craig to make that change. PVP on white sands was one of the best experiences on pvp servers before level 80. I think it's one of the top 3 dumbest (excuse my vocabulary) moves. Especially since you already have a pve server with no pvp in white sands.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast