Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any reason to continue aoc after t4 if you don't pvp?

Default Any reason to continue aoc after t4 if you don't pvp?

Any reason to continue aoc after t4 if you don't pvp? I would say no so why doesn't funcom focus more on pvp content and not pve content under t4?
    Too easy, think your good? Try a reaver stance barb.

- Play with friends.
    - Do dungeons with goofy tactics (you can afford it more easily when overgeared).
    - Get T3.5 done. Figure out how to spawn Lurker without reading Cynara's blog.
    - Seek complete sets of vanity gear.
    - Rôleplay.
    - Explore, 5 years into the game i still discover stuff when i roam around. Back in the days players made some exploring quests/contests where you had to find diffrent redundant objects and symbols such as the stone hand with the sign of mitra or a certain painting you find in numerous places.
    - Play insult games in guild city (never gets old).
    - Level up chars with friends, i know for a fact that some players never did Black Castle or Toirdelbach.
    - Create player events. Now you have time you don't need to farm anymore.

All in one: Have fun, nevermind what you do.

The exact same thing could be said about PvP. What do you do when you reach PvP 10 and don't PvE ? Watch your k/d grow ? Why not if that's what your into but for lots of peeps that's just not all that intresting. Especially in pug minis. There's progression. And there's what's all around.

Personnally, PvP wise, i almost only sign in minis with friends. Fun factor doubles whether i'm with or against them. Premades, organized events, help in sieges, open-world. Useless stuff progression wise but always fun.
    In PvE, the same pattern stands. Efficiency doesn't always equal fun. To quote the other guy "What matters is the journey, not the destination little scarabee".
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    All in one: Have fun.
    Oh Vehl you're such a weirdo

I mean, "playing for fun", how the hell do you come up with such ludicrous concepts, lol.
    Last edited by Ieronon; 27th November 2013 at 09:48.
    -- Ieronon, QQror --
    -- Deutter, holy potato --

So the pve players with the best gear who doesn't want to pvp, needs pvp content? Wut.

But i see your point, pvp content would be awesome. One new minigame would be great.

I dont really pve much but like Vehl said there is fun in game if you do it with friends. Nothing more fun than decapitating friend in minis
    Only thing i have problem in aoc is that after every patch i stutter more and more in mini games, specially JS
    I have around 200 ms but dont think that is problem, fps are o.k but game still feels odd and slowish...
    Other than that i have fun with no t4 gear, even with fresh and mostly blue geared chars, after all this is game and not job

O i almost forgot, what is insult game

What I do in aoc for fun:

I obviously play mini games, searching at the same time as my brother often, trying to get on the same team.
    I trash talk my guild leader/long time guildies.
    This one is a must for crom players: Ask Cynara how you remove a gem from an item and also ask if you get to keep the gem, he really enjoys that question!
    I troll in global.
    Do hardmodes on clearly undergeared alt tanks, maybe join on my overgeared assassin and pull agro then main tank the encounter to be annoying to the main tanks.
    I speed run the daily encounters for rares and to beat my record times, 6:54 Isle of statues. Quite impressive huh?
    Hardmodes with guildies is always fun, try the new content in pve that they put out once every 4-5 months.
    Sometimes I do hardmodes with my sin and grouping with another sin and a pom. Then I do 3 man hard modes: Cleared: Yag, Necro, Vortex, Palace and Abyss

Quote Originally Posted by Ieronon View Post
    Oh Vehl you're such a weirdo
    Haha you know what i meant !

@Viroku, you don't know the insult game ? No it's not global ! It's a guild city feature. It's awesome ! Do it with arena cloaks on and smash the head of the one pushing it too far !
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    Haha you know what i meant !

@Viroku, you don't know the insult game ? No it's not global ! It's a guild city feature. It's awesome ! Do it with arena cloaks on and smash the head of the one pushing it too far !
    Will have to try it out, we love insulting each other in guild anyways
    @Chass 6:54 on IS run, thats really something. i did it with couple of my chars and fastest i did was bit over 9:30 mins on blue geared sin but thats thx to accelerated

You can also play other games like Panzar for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by viroku View Post
    @Chass 6:54 on IS run, thats really something. i did it with couple of my chars and fastest i did was bit over 9:30 mins on blue geared sin but thats thx to accelerated
    My record with a carny conq is 5:49 !
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast