Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Better class for a beginner

Default Better class for a beginner

Hi,i return to game after 2 times but i dont have any character on. This time i was like to stay more time than lvl 40 and i was like to create a char that is better for both pve and pvp. So which class is better for me? My priority is tanking and i like Dark Templar but is a little complicated,so is a good recomendation for a beginner? Thanks.
    Last edited by Lurock; 16th October 2013 at 09:10.

Try and find a class that you like to play, not what other think is a good class. Do you prefer tanking, healing or dps(damage per second)? Do you like ranged attacks or up-close? Spells or combos?
    "Du kan ikke knekke en mann uten ryggrad!"

Thumbs up

Of course i like to tank But i like ranger too,i think is a good class for solo
    Last edited by Lurock; 16th October 2013 at 09:47.

roll conq/pom/barb/demo for simple gameplay,

if u want to be good even when u got no idea what u doing roll conq or pom,

u know, even easy raid boss (conq) is hard to kill if player is new / bad

or was this about pve server? my mistake :=)
    The Law

i Think you'll have better approach of the game with a tanking class, since they have enough health point and armor, so you have better room for improvement.
    Last edited by Bibik; 16th October 2013 at 11:08.

I dont like to do a lot of chars my decision is to create one char to be my main and lvl up more than lvl 40.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Lurok View Post
    I dont like to do a lot of chars my decision is to create one char to be my main and lvl up more than lvl 40.
    Decide - is your preference melee or caster? Then go from there.....

For 'easier' gameplay I'd say caster (demo, necro).

With melee you have to do more than just cast and kite. You have to deal with combos and limited hit boxes. A pole arm guard can damn near hit across the map though....

Quote Originally Posted by Lurok View Post
    My priority is tanking and i like Dark Templar but is a little complicated,so is a good recomendation for a beginner? Thanks.
    There are three tanking classes in the game: Dark Templar, Conqueror, and Guardian. Each of them has a spec that can be used for dps/leveling, and one that can be used for tanking... with the right gear and skills, some specs can be used both for tanking and dps.

For a beginner and to level your class, you will normally use a dps spec. I don't know how far you leveled your DT, or what you find complicated about it... especially at a lower level. Though they equip different weapons and have some variations, all the tank classes have a similarity to them, in that they use combos and abilities to dps and hold aggro. So you might not find that big difference switching from one to another. It's basically about learning the right rotation, how to pull mobs so you don't get too many at once, how to kite when you do, etc. etc.

If you want to play a tanking class, try all three to about lvl 30 or so.... It doesn't take too long, and it will give you a pretty good sense of the variations in play style among them. Then, go all the way with the one you have most fun with.

BTW, I play an 80 ranger and it's my favourite class... but definitely much harder to solo than any soldier class.

P.S. My advice for any soldier class is to level 20-30 in the Wilds Lands zone, regardless of your race. You will get some nice blue gear there if you do the quests.
    Last edited by GeneralFear; 16th October 2013 at 14:02.

Ok thank u all,when i start play i decide. Again thanks.

Don't play Guardian. I'm being very serious. Again, everybody and their sister plays one to "mid level" 80, maybe get some T2 mixed with some khitai purps a piece of T3 or whatever and they go "well their fine poo poo poo!"....but they HAVE NO CLUE what it's like toward top end of the game. The class just isn't viable at that level. Guards, die easier then the other two classes, can't hold aggro for crap, and their damage is literally on the bottom of the DPS list. It's INSANE and I STRONGLY recommend you don't play Guard.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast