Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: I'd like to spent money on a new expansion!

I would definitely pay $60.00 for an expansion, even though I am still fairly new and not finished with current content. I would buy it anyway!

Also, I would definitely love to see $200.00 lifetime sub available and would jump at the chance to get that.

It would be awesome to see AoC2 somewhere on the distant horizon, especially since EQNext looks like pure fail-sauce. Think about it Funcom!

AoC as it is will keep me busy for a long time, but is always good to have something to think about for the future.
    Last edited by Braciaca; 23rd October 2013 at 16:29. Reason: forgot something

Sure, i would easily pay 100 euros for an Xpack like khitai was.

But im a workin man with income. Dont know about the kids tho.

I'd like to make a small summary:

- There have been a lot of replies.
    - Almost all who posted here would welcome another expansion AND would be willing to spent serious money on it.
    - Some have voiced concerns about Funcom being able to pull off another expansion - not because of their creativity, technical expertise or willingness, but because of their financial situation.

Now... it's more or less up to Funcom.

What could be realized with the amount of money that could be made?
    A lot of players would, I assume, be willing to pay in advance. The customer base probably isn't as big as it was for the Kithai expansion, but still substantial, and with the new engine, more experience and so on, maybe less work is needed to create something as huge as RotGS.

What content should be chosen next?
    There have been some suggestions already, and if you'd start a small survey, you'd probably get some cool proposals AND a feeling for what players would accept / pay for.

What could players do to help?
    A lot of games rely heavily on community submissions. Maybe that's something viable here? Writing quest dialogs, even designing quests, building models/textures, designing non-dungeon maps... a lot of things could probably be outsourced to a basically free workforce. Offer some nice ingame rewards, a forum title, a mention in the credits or whatever, and a lot of players would be happy to join in - I'm sure about that.

Funcom's hopes and dreams are squarely fixed on mobile gaming. They have neither the capital nor vision to go about making another major expansion or even a new MMO (both of which are ridiculously expensive and not to mention risky).

I think if Lego and other mobile games begins to do well. We'll be able to see some extra content and perhaps a Turan sized expansion. It'll be regular and consistent, that's the best we can hope for.

I would like to see Funcom invest the money more on PROMOTING the Game and polishing, finishing what was promised (also a couple of years ago),
    - Group Finder
    - PvP/Guild PvP
    - Crafting and Professions
    - a few broken quests since ever..

Those points are the ones that I always see mentioned when trying to demote or criticize this game.
    I am not into PVP on a RPG but alot of players are and hold a grudge on how things are now.

About promoting the game, Funcom needs to work more on TSW and AoC because the games are great, so how aren't they on top? Make a survey to see what players have to say and work on it.
    Also, in 5 years we had only one of those, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VesvqrIqcr4 .. I had more fun watching old videos from Machinima (the epic Brian) and Henry, a player.
    Last edited by KephaPT; 25th October 2013 at 16:15.
    .. Steady! We have not fled, we are not beaten, and even should they throw us in chains, we are there, and shall remain! And victory will be ours.. And whether we are alive or not when that goal is reached, our programme will be alive; it will reign in the world of a barbarian mankind. Yes, in spite of everything.

Server Merge: Kepha, now Kephaofcrom (still waiting for that Kepha "unknown character", "character doesn't exist" to log in).

/Push!!

Would even Pay for a new Addon like Rise of the Godslayer.
    Amd maybe we can spend some Money on Kickstarter...
    http://www.kickstarter.com/

Come on Funcom.. you can do it!!

Greetz Marx
    Last edited by MARX11; 31st December 2013 at 01:25.

I'd rather have smaller addons like Turan or Spines more often than Khitai-style expansions every 2-3 years, to be honest.

But most of all: give me something to fight for and over in the open world, so that there's some sense in engaging in PvP....
    Battleaxe Brain Surgeons Rides Again!

Wharrgharbl (80 Axemurdering maniac Barb)
    Ikoim (80 Conq)
    Hazakahn (80 ToSspot)
    Kegh (80 Beer Shaman)
    Vachir (80 Guardian)
    Mivat (80 Necromancer)
    A horde of other alts...

The last Conan movie didn't do much for the player base. Hopefully, the new Arnold Conan trilogy will bring some more life and attention to the game dev. department.
    That in itself would be Funcom's best time to jump on the promotional bandwagon, too. Unless they really don't have any desire to progress and rebuild the player base for AoC, they'd be silly NOT to.
    Personally, I would love if AoC eventually realized all the depth and variety of Everquest 2. I've tried several other games and have continued to return to AoC. As a paying player, I'd gladly toss in a few more bucks, every month, to see AoC reach it's potential.

I've never felt it natural to look for a game title after I watch a movie. Never had the urge to play LOTRO after i watched the movies or The Hobbit.

Sorry but you’re never going to see a large expansion again. Times have changed in the way mmo’s are made, funded and updated so as with TSW smaller more regular bite-sized updates are likely.

I think we need to consider buying perhaps £10/$10 updates in a similar vein. Of course this is also about the number of people likely to buy said updates, I certainly would however I guess Funcom need many for it to be worth, after all they have the numbers.
    A bocor creates a zombie by walking to his victim's house backward. He sucks out the person's soul through an opening in the door, then quickly blows it in a bottle which is then sealed. Without a soul, the victim wastes away and dies and after burial, the bocur digs up the body and casts a spell over it.

DAWNSONG - Active since 2008

LOVE YOUR DEVELOPERS, THEY'RE REAL PEOPLE TOO.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast